Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    I like how people rave about his leadership skills. We haven't had a good leader catcher since Lo Duca. He will be valuable on and off the field. The job he did with that young White Sox rotation is incredible

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I guess Springer is next.
    Hopefully they plan on getting another pen arm and someone like Ordoriz

i.
    . That seems like the plan. Bauer must be asking for a massive amount. The problem with Bauer is that other than last year his pro career has been a mixed bag. His numbers don’t jump out At you besides last year

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Yep. As great as the Mets offense was last season, we were still unbalanced and exposed against LHP.

Also another issue Springer solves is leadoff hitter. He’s led-off exclusively for the last 4 seasons.

CF-Springer
    2B-McNeil
    1B-Alonso
    RF-Conforto
    3B-Davis
    LF-Nimmo
    C-McCann
    SS-Gimenez

That team looks ****ing stacked. I think Rosario should be used as a super utility guy instead of McNeil. Play some SS, 3B, 2B, and CF.
    That lineup is scary

I think the 2nd piece is gonna come quickly now. Objectives are now perfectly understood. Springer by Monday

Idk, I'd rather have a catcher that can call a good game than rake, so if he can make good contact and get on base I'd call that a win. I think the big money should go towards the really high-impact guys like Springer and/or Bauer

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Yep. As great as the Mets offense was last season, we were still unbalanced and exposed against LHP.

Also another issue Springer solves is leadoff hitter. He’s led-off exclusively for the last 4 seasons.

CF-Springer
    2B-McNeil
    1B-Alonso
    RF-Conforto
    3B-Davis
    LF-Nimmo
    C-McCann
    SS-Gimenez

That team looks ****ing stacked. I think Rosario should be used as a super utility guy instead of McNeil. Play some SS, 3B, 2B, and CF.
    Perhaps they make some trade to bring in a 3b.
    If Arenado is really available, would a package of Dom Smith and JD Davis work?
    Not sure what holes Col has though.

CF-Springer
    2B-McNeil
    1B-Alonso
    3B-Aernado
    RF-Conforto
    LF-Nimmo
    C-McCann
    SS-Gimenez

deGrom
    Bauer
    Stroman
    Peterson
    Matz (Syndergaard)

Diaz
    May
    Lugo
    Familia
    Betances

I can dream.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I'm actually probably alone in saying I preferred McCann over Realmuto. I personally think McCann will age better and I also like that we save a couple millions (10+) and can use it to sign another big fish instead of getting Realmuto and a smaller fish in a different position.

I think the trade off between #1 and #2 was the smallest in Catcher compared to SP and CF so this is the move I wanted if we had to settle for #2 anywhere else.

But there is always the voice in the back of my head that makes me think if this is like Ramos vs Grandal and everyone knows Grandal was clearly superior in this situation
    Agreed

By the time Realmuto signs, I feel like a lot of us are going to say "We could have got him for that?". His market is really limited. If you dont sign McCann however, the possibility is to walk away with no catcher.

CF-Springer
    2B-McNeil
    1B-Alonso
    RF-Conforto
    3B-Davis
    LF-Nimmo
    C-McCann
    SS-Gimenez

I say no way to Springer hitting leadoff here. Nimmo loses considerable value batting 6th. Not many in the league has his on base skills. He needs to leadoff and Springer/McNeil hit 2/3 in either order. Springer will drive in more runs that way too.

Personally I'd go with Nimmo, McNeil, Springer, then the rest like you had against rightys. You can flip McNeil and Springer against LHP if u wanna split up the leftys against a lefty.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    By the time Realmuto signs, I feel like a lot of us are going to say "We could have got him for that?". His market is really limited. If you dont sign McCann however, the possibility is to walk away with no catcher.
    I still think he gets over 100 million, the question will be who else the Mets got.

I posed the question before FA started.

Who you rather have?

MaCann/Springer

Realmuto/JBJr

My I deal batting order would be this if they have the DH and sign Springer.

Nimmo LF
    McNeil 2B
    Springer CF
    Smith 1B
    Alonso DH
    Conforto RF
    McCann C
    Davis 3B
    Rosario/Gimenez SS

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I still think he gets over 100 million, the question will be who else the Mets got.

I posed the question before FA started.

Who you rather have?

MaCann/Springer

Realmuto/JBJr
    My ideal offseason would have been Bauer, Springer and a defensive catcher (of the 3 major acquisitions). I could live with a mediocre offensive catcher because their lineup is still very formidable and a good defensive catcher would have helped their pitching staff.

What's done is done now. I like McCann. Next piece seems to be Springer. I want Bauer but its looks like he is Anaheim bound like you mentioned.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-13-2020 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    My I deal batting order would be this if they have the DH and sign Springer.

Nimmo LF
    McNeil 2B
    Springer CF
    Smith 1B
    Alonso DH
    Conforto RF
    McCann C
    Davis 3B
    Rosario/Gimenez SS
    All looks great except Davis at 3b. I think we need to trade him. I would rather play Gimenez or Guillorme or Robel Garcia at 3b, lol.

DO NOT TRADE DOM SMITH !!! We will regret it big time . I don't care if next year we platoon Smith and Alonso but keep both. Dom Smith in my opinion will become an All Star. You also need depth on your team and the DH will be in the NL in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    I say no way to Springer hitting leadoff here. Nimmo loses considerable value batting 6th. Not many in the league has his on base skills. He needs to leadoff and Springer/McNeil hit 2/3 in either order. Springer will drive in more runs that way too.

Personally I'd go with Nimmo, McNeil, Springer, then the rest like you had against rightys. You can flip McNeil and Springer against LHP if u wanna split up the leftys against a lefty.
    I’m not a fan of bringing someone in and asking them to do something different than what they’ve done their whole career right off the bat. We should try to make Springer as comfortable as possible. We’d already be asking him to be an everyday CF as it is.

I also don’t like platooning the top of the order. I think having some stability up top and then platooning near the bottom is more ideal. Someone like McNeil gets on base, but also makes contact and hits RHP and LHP. Nimmo usually has huge splits where he is basically useless against LHP.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast