Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 100 of 108 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1617
    Hurts best hope is a better version of Taysom Hill, I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Heediot; 02-07-2021 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Jeopardy Question .

Who am I ?

4 alleged football gods have been run out of Philly . I turned out to be the only God . Who am I ? Double bonus to name the other 3 gods that turned out to be turds .
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Are all 4 NFL players?
    I don’t think I worded it right which would not be a first in here .

Who is Andy Reid

Who are Chip Kelly Mccnabb and Wentz for the bonus

I don’t think I worded it right which would not be a first in here .

Who is Andy Reid

Who are Chip Kelly Mccnabb and Wentz for the bonus
    I was gonna answer Andy Reid, but I had no clue who the other three were supposed to be.

I was gonna answer Andy Reid, but I had no clue who the other three were supposed to be.
    I was thinking they were only players. Was thinking Reggie white, Bdawk, Randall Cunningham, mcnabb, maybe lesean McCoy and TO (though TO was only an eagle for like 20 games). Was thinking wentz was probably in there somewhere so I figured he was one of the turds, didn’t know who the other two turds were supposed to be out of these “football gods”

McNabb and chip Kelly are hardly football gods lol. San Francisco and UCLA have been utter trainwrecks

People caught up to him. Mcnabb was a top 10 QB at points throughout his career but I’d hardly call him a football god lol

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Hurts best hope is a better version of Taysom Hill, I could be wrong.
    You’re probably wrong. He’s already better than Taysom hill. So if he’s already better that’s not his “best hope” taysom is like 8 years older as well

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    McNabb and chip Kelly are hardly football gods lol. San Francisco and UCLA have been utter trainwrecks

People caught up to him. Mcnabb was a top 10 QB at points throughout his career but I’d hardly call him a football god lol
    That’s the point I should have said PSD Gods . Although I don’t ever remember Reid getting the kind of love Chip and Wentz got in here .

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post

Agreed though I think he was talking about the fans. I don’t think most eagles fans would exactly use “football god” to explain either of those guys though mcnabb is probably considered by a lot of eagles fans to be best QB in franchise history.

That’s the point I should have said PSD Gods . Although I don’t ever remember Reid getting the kind of love Chip and Wentz got in here .
    Did chip really get that much hype on psd? After the first year or so I thought he was very bad. He got super repetitive and was running his players so much that they were tired in the 4th quarter of games.

Ironically, it may be a blessing in disguise that Wentz was so uniquely horrible from a statistical point of view, because other teams might think this was just an outlier. If he had been merely bad it might be perceived as more of a downward trend.

Just to be clear I think it's a bit of both.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 02-08-2021 at 03:14 PM.

Wentz/Colts from Colts perspective. Holder is very trustworthy among Indy media:

Here’s what I know:

*The Colts are definitely in on Carson Wentz

*Yes, the compensation the Eagles initially asked for is two first-rd picks-plus

*Colts would never pay that

*Colts are confident they can “fix” him

*And, now, we wait.
    https://twitter.com/HolderStephen/st...72790883672065

I want the 21st pick and Darius Leonard and call it a done deal for the Eagles

New piece by Joe Santoliquito:

https://www.phillyvoice.com/carson-w...nick-sirianni/

As last season was winding down, “a large number of people in the building” — with the obvious exceptions of Lurie and general manager Howie Roseman, sources say — felt Hurts was the better option at QB going forward. That made the hiring of new quarterbacks’ coach Brian Johnson, who has a long history with Hurts, quite intriguing. Initially, it didn’t seem like it would mean much, as Lurie and Roseman seemed hellbent on refurbishing Wentz, as reports suggested that the two made that sticking point during interviews with prospective coaches with the hope that a new coach would fix the relationship between quarterback and team.

The feeling, at least last season, was that Hurts possessed superior leadership, a willingness to be coached (one source said he was in the coach’s offices so much they thought they had to get him a cot) and players’ support. The twist of it was that coaches and players both feel Wentz has the better physical skills and the stronger arm.

Still, some see enough in Hurts that his intangibles could more than make up for that gap.

A few SEC coaches are amazed how much Hurts’ passing has improved, though they still have doubts if he will ever have “an NFL arm like Wentz.” Hurts was described as an extremely likable, high-character leader who can’t get enough coaching and is a tireless worker.

“Put a fast guy on him, because he won’t beat you with his arm,” as one SEC source put it about Hurts. “He looks better than he did in college, but he has a lot more to work on. Jalen is willing to work. No one will doubt that. But he may never have the arm of the other guy [Wentz] there. He’ll work hard as hell to come close, though.”

“Guys want to play for [Hurts], I’ll say that,” one source said. “You can’t see a difference between one guy and the other? Jalen goes to the sideline after a series and wants input from everyone. The other guy just didn’t want to be bothered. He’d have a rough series, then sit by himself and sulk.”

Gotta love the new pieces that regurgitate the same stuff with their own twists.

Now Wentz is a sulker. Lol.