Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 83 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1617
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Not a great look for Wentz, but again, just another opinion piece with anonymous reports. These are getting old, regurgitating the same stuff each week just with another author claiming to be “in the know”.
    Reading between the lines you can guess that Groh and/or Scangarello were sources. Maybe even Pederson but he gets criticized a fair amount in the piece.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 01-16-2021 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I would agree if this was the only time we’ve heard negative things about Wentz but stuff like this continues to come out. Definitely it a good look.

I still think Wentz will be the starter for the Eagles coming out of camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same story on repeat.

From the story:
    By the bye week, Wentz had been sacked an NFL-high of 32 times. A coaching analysis deemed the quarterback responsible for almost two-thirds. Around the break, one offensive lineman had gone to management and requested a switch to Hurts.

“Everyone believed Carson had no clue about when to get the ball out on time,” a source said, “and as a result made his [O-line] look terrible in times they were playing fine.”
    I wonder who that was. Obviously not one of the young OL. It must have been Kelce, Lane, or JP.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    From the story:

I wonder who that was. Obviously not one of the young OL. It must have been Kelce, Lane, or JP.
    It wasn’t kelce. No chance

Lane or JP make sense.

The entire story rings true to me. It’s so visible on the field. A QB who hasn’t gotten better at all. His mechanics are exactly the same. The offense looks different when he’s out.

Everyone was like “why is Doug running a different offense with wentz out”

And some of us kept saying he’s running the 2017 offense with wentz out of the game.

Media people “why does Doug have an easier time calling gameplans for foles and hurts”

This report answers all those questions. Jeff Mclane isn’t some hack. He’s one of the most respected Philly writers and this piece read incredibly researched and detailed

Combined with what I and some of us have seen on the field. I call this pretty damning tbh

Not a great look for Wentz, but again, just another opinion piece with anonymous reports. These are getting old, regurgitating the same stuff each week just with another author claiming to be “in the know”.
    Marketing department statements: obviously true

Whistleblowers fearing for their careers if outed: obviously false
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Marketing department statements: obviously true

Whistleblowers fearing for their careers if outed: obviously false
    To be fair, it's a common CIA tactic to push propaganda disguised as coming from unknown source to the mainstream media, but obviously we're not dealing with secret intelligence here.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    It wasn’t kelce. No chance

Lane or JP make sense.

The entire story rings true to me. It’s so visible on the field. A QB who hasn’t gotten better at all. His mechanics are exactly the same. The offense looks different when he’s out.

Everyone was like “why is Doug running a different offense with wentz out”

And some of us kept saying he’s running the 2017 offense with wentz out of the game.

Media people “why does Doug have an easier time calling gameplans for foles and hurts”

This report answers all those questions. Jeff Mclane isn’t some hack. He’s one of the most respected Philly writers and this piece read incredibly researched and detailed

Combined with what I and some of us have seen on the field. I call this pretty damning tbh
    It could have been Kelce if you consider that Wentz was getting killed and the OL took the blame. So putting in Hurts would have been better for both. Wentz simply doesn't have his 2017 mobility anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    It could have been Kelce if you consider that Wentz was getting killed and the OL took the blame. So putting in Hurts would have been better for both. Wentz simply doesn't have his 2017 mobility anymore.
    I'd put my money on Lane or Kelce easily. Rocks on that like where Kelce looked like toast despite not being bad and Lane was gritting through a nasty ankle injury and holding up for 3-4 seconds a drop back.

Here is a question for Eagles fans. What would y’all think if they keep Wentz and trade Hurts (at Wentz’s request)? It appears the line has been drawn and they chose Wentz over Pederson. What if Wentz decides he wants Hurts gone too?

Wentz is uncoachable

Trade Carson Wentz and I'm not even a Jalen Hurts supporter.

Here is a question for Eagles fans. What would y’all think if they keep Wentz and trade Hurts (at Wentz’s request)? It appears the line has been drawn and they chose Wentz over Pederson. What if Wentz decides he wants Hurts gone too?
    Wentz may have a lot of clout in the Eagles org but I don't think it extends to telling Howie what to do.

Howie is going to do the unthinkable and draft Zach Wilson

I still don’t buy Doug was a Carson decision. There’s been conflicting reports there. Lurie has said he’s thinking future. Wentz is 28 and regressing. I’m sure they want to make it work I’m not saying they don’t

I moreso think Doug was fired because lurie never liked him in the first place

Consider Doug wanted to promote press Taylor who’s Carson’s biggest confidant on the coaching staff. That doesn’t sound like someone who wanted wentz gone

There’s a lot we don’t know. But I don’t think it’s cut and dry wentz over Doug

I mean one of the main reasons I believe they got rid of Doug was his desire to keep press Taylor and even promote him

Page 83 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast