Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 82 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1617
    ďIt wasnít just this year,Ē Aikman said. ďItís been a long time since Iíve seen Carson Wentz play at the level he needs to play at, or any quarterback needs to play at."
    Interesting. Kurt Warner said something similar before this season started. So now a couple HOF qbs, and the advanced analytics are saying that even before this year, Wentz was not playing well.
    https://www.nj.com/eagles/2020/12/ev...team-wins.html

In a release sent out by NFL Media Research Department, Wentz is the sixth quarterback to have a passer rating drop more than 24 points below his combined rating over the prior three seasons (98.3 to 73.4). The five other quarterbacks, including Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, and Y.A. Tittle, retired the following year, and Wentz is the only person on the list under the age of 30.
    Wentz for... retirement? Crazy that he's literally the only QB to ever play this poorly without quitting.

https://insidetheiggles.com/2020/02/...-carson-wentz/

Warner: "The bottom line is I donít think heís consistent enough as an every-down passer to get to where his talent level can beÖ It starts with technique. His technique gets away from him so often that he relies too much on his arm, and thatís why you see him (as being) wickedly inconsistentÖ I know he can make those throws, and there are times where his technique actually is really good, but it gets away from him way too often and that leads to inconsistencies."
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    https://www.nj.com/eagles/2020/12/ev...team-wins.html

Wentz for... retirement? Crazy that he's literally the only QB to ever play this poorly without quitting.

https://insidetheiggles.com/2020/02/...-carson-wentz/
    Not out of the realm of possibility. Andrew Luck retired early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Not out of the realm of possibility. Andrew Luck retired early.
    I highly doubt Wentz retires. He's perfectly set up to be Howie's next scapegoat though.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I highly doubt Wentz retires. He's perfectly set up to be Howie's next scapegoat though.
    Judging by reports, and granted itís always a question as to who leaked what, but apparently howie was trying to convince lurie to keep Doug and was blindsided by this

Do I believe that? No

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Yea itís highly unlikely that he would retire but stranger things have happened. He doesnít strike me a guy that wastes his money. Thereís an outside chance that heís decided he made enough money. Walk away (while he still can walk) and enjoy life with his wife. Not likely but possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Yea itís highly unlikely that he would retire but stranger things have happened. He doesnít strike me a guy that wastes his money. Thereís an outside chance that heís decided he made enough money. Walk away (while he still can walk) and enjoy life with his wife. Not likely but possible.
    Wentz supposedly demanded a trade and said he would restructure his contract to facilitate it two weeks ago.

First of all what aikman and Warner said I agree with. Been saying it since 2018. Itís not all numbers. Itís also just watching a guy and seeing how he looks in comparison to other guys. I just donít think heís looked like a franchise guy outside of 4 games in 2019 and then 13 in 2017.

I even said in 2018 that I wouldíve considered trading Carson for what wouldíve been an unprecedented haul that someone wouldíve absolutely paid.

But I do think quite a bits being overblown about the eagles QB situation. It boils down to what they want to do. They arenít handcuffed. Carsonís an easy guy to trade since he reportedly will help facilitate it. That makes it quite easy.

In terms of what Doug wanted and what lurie wanted

I donít buy Doug wanted hurts and lurie wanted Carson

Nothing Doug did and nothing lurie said point in that direction

I mean Doug waited until literally the last possible moment to sit Carson. Even gave him a series to start the second half. And considering Doug was ďtired of being told what to doĒ I donít think he was given free reign to play jalen. I think itís likelier he was forced to since jalen was a pick by the front office not Doug

Then you have lurie saying heís looking to 2022 and beyond yada yada. A 28 year old expensive floundering QB isnít exactly looking to the future lol

So I donít buy it tbh. I think itís likelier Doug wanted to work with Carson personally. Or maybe wanted an open competition.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I mean Doug waited until literally the last possible moment to sit Carson. Even gave him a series to start the second half. And considering Doug was ďtired of being told what to doĒ I donít think he was given free reign to play jalen. I think itís likelier he was forced to since jalen was a pick by the front office not Doug
    More likely "being told what to do" included the QB position. It certainly seemed this way to me when it happened.

When Wentz was pulled with another horrible performance against the Packers, the Eagles were practically already eliminated from playoff contention, it's just that the other NFC East teams kept losing, too. If just one of them had won in the week when the Eagles beat the Saints, they wouldn't have even been in it until week 16.

So IMO the QB change was solely about evaluating Hurts for the future, not whether one or the other gave the team a better chance to win. (And it should have been Wentz who did anyway.)

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Great read:

https://twitter.com/jeff_mclane/stat...598419968?s=21

This is like a soap opera . But man Wentz really does sound like a ******* . Offensive lineman asking for him to be benched ? Taking no responsibility, changing plays just because you donít like the coach ... Philly might have gotten rid of the wrong guy . I canít see any of that being fixed any time soon .

Not a great look for Wentz, but again, just another opinion piece with anonymous reports. These are getting old, regurgitating the same stuff each week just with another author claiming to be ďin the knowĒ.

That opinion was different when it was another QB being thrown under the bus so [emoji2369]

Not a great look for Wentz, but again, just another opinion piece with anonymous reports. These are getting old, regurgitating the same stuff each week just with another author claiming to be ďin the knowĒ.
    I would agree if this was the only time weíve heard negative things about Wentz but stuff like this continues to come out. Definitely it a good look.

I still think Wentz will be the starter for the Eagles coming out of camp.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Philly might have gotten rid of the wrong guy

The things said in that article perfectly align with what ive seen in a both macro and micro sense the past couple years

Same issues persist
    The offense looks better with other QBs
    Team feels disjointed

Again none of this is surprising and I buy it. Itís what the product and the individual show on the field

Page 82 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast