Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

2020-21 Around the NBA

Continue here

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Giannis coming out and saying he's not focused on an extension, and that it'll be the biggest decision of his life, sounds like a player who is moving on if he can't win a ship this year in Milwaukee. If he leaves, we better go for broke. His age, talent, and everything about him is exactly what we need.

Man, I'd feel so bad for Milwaukee if he left after that massive overpay for Jrue. At least they could still drive an hour and a half to see him play here.

Coby/Lavine/Giannis/Lauri/Wendy

or

Coby/Lavine/Pat/Giannis/Wendy

or

Coby/Lavine/Pat/Giannis/Lauri

all work IMO. I actually like Giannis and Lauri together. That's a lot of length and Lauri's game complements Giannis' game well.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Man, I'd feel so bad for Milwaukee if he left after that massive overpay for Jrue. At least they could still drive an hour and a half to see him play here.
    I think the writing is on the wall. I just don't see him winning there. They sealed their fate the day they let Brogdon walk. He was a perfect fit with Giannis and Middleton.

I'm just glad our owners realized what was at stake in 2021 just in the nick time. Who knows if we are going to be a big player for the big names, but had we stuck with our FO 1 more year, we were going to miss on anyone of worth. At least with Billy D and Co, we have a fighting chance to make a splash.

We do need to look good this year though. That's why I wouldn't be motivated to trade Porter. We need him to be healthy to function as a proper NBA team. I get we have Hutch and Pat, but Hutch hasn't shown any sign that he's capable of A) staying healthy, and B) being a starting SF, and we don't even know if Pat is a SF or a PF yet. We are deep at the wing for once, and we need that to be in the playoff hunt.

Welp, Giannis and AD are off the table in this era.

So who can we sign now lmao

Quote Originally Posted by WhyCantWeWin View Post
    So who can we sign now lmao
    Lauri lol

I'm happy for the Bucks, this is how the NBA should be IMO.

Best out there I guess is Kawhi, Oladipo, Gobert?
    Guess we could go out and try to sign a few vets and just build a real deep team. Lowry, Griffin, Paul(straight to LA probably), Jrue, DeRozen might be a sweet 6th man bench scoring option.

Not a real deep FA class anymore, probably need to hit another draft pick or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    I'm happy for the Bucks, this is how the NBA should be IMO.

Best out there I guess is Kawhi, Oladipo, Gobert?
    Guess we could go out and try to sign a few vets and just build a real deep team. Lowry, Griffin, Paul(straight to LA probably), Jrue, DeRozen might be a sweet 6th man bench scoring option.

Not a real deep FA class anymore, probably need to hit another draft pick or 2.
    The 2 guys I'd shoot for are Gobert and Kawhi. If we can't land either, just concentrate on developing what we have. Not one of our young players has even entered their prime yet. Lavine is still 2 years from his prime and he is the closest of our young core. Even though we still have him under control, I think we need to look really hard at locking him up long term. We can't afford to let him find his way out of Chicago at this point.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I really dont want Gobert. Drummond would be more interesting IMO. Oladipo.... Fornier.... Dimwiddie....

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I really dont want Gobert. Drummond would be more interesting IMO. Oladipo.... Fornier.... Dimwiddie....
    Gobert is a stud. What exactly would make you not want the best defender in the league?

Granted I forgot about Drummond and Id take him as our 5 too. But Id still probably rate Gobert a little higher

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Gobert is a stud. What exactly would make you not want the best defender in the league?
    Many things I can go into some of which is probably BS But I will go into detail.

1) The Cost. IDK what Gobert is set to make... But it will easily be in the 20s.... maybe 30s. IDK How much you would value a guy like Joakim noah.. But that is kinda how I look at Gobert. He is a good asset to have... but not somebody you spend big for. And you can say he scores more than Noah did in his prime.... But its not like he is any sort of Weapon.

2) Age. 29 years old right now and Im not going to lie... IDK how his body holds up. he isnt exactly a strong bodied guy like a guy like Drummond (who is also a year younger) who I could see playing for a few years longer at a good level similar to Deandre Jrodan. . But does anyone remember how fast a guy like Yao fell off. Or Ben wallace (who admitedly was a bit older but could be a reason I am hesitant)

I just see it as probably a 4 year minimum deal. meaning how do you realistically think Gobert looks at age 32?

3) his attitude. I mean IDK how you view him and it may be a euro stereotype admittedly but its not like he is a Forceful Defensive player of the year. I mean I remember games of Drummond just being dominate and impossible to stop. I dont recall one where I am like year Rudy Gobert was key in that victory.

4) Upside. I mean I dont know if i expect Drummond to be getting better. but he does quite a few things better IMO. Passing upside he has shown. Offensive Potential in some games where he shows some all out dominance in terms of Offensive rebounding and finishing. And I know people will quote DPOY... but in todays NBA Switching is key. And I seem to remember in the playoffs teams putting Gobert in the pick and roll consistently because he is not athletic... HE is just huge.

5) I think all of this comes down to cost though. If you could get gobert for 15 mil I think i would say yes. But IDK if that happens.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast