Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

House approves bill to decriminalize cannabis

The House passed a bill decriminalizing cannabis and seeks to "address the devastating injustices caused by the war on drugs".

Passed 228-164.

If there is ever anything that I feel like should be bipartisan, it's this. Whether you're a freedom-loving red blooded American who wants an unobtrusive government, a person who is solely motivated by how much taxes they're paying, or just a decent person who thinks that 10s of thousands of people should not be in jail for possessing a thing that you literally could not kill yourself with even if you tried...well...why would anyone still be stuck in the Reagan era cloud of nonsense.

And while this feels like common sense, 5 Republicans voted Yes. 6 Dems voted no...including my turd of a Representative Mr. Lamb.

Not sure how things shape up in the Senate. Won't hold my breath. A bunch of out of touch troglodytes.

But we're getting closer to something good. Something that directly and materially improve the lives of thousands of people and families. All the while harming no one. Republicans just want to remind you that good things aren't possible and "freedom" really means nothing to them, I guess.

Let 'em all out.
    Last edited by ManRam; 12-04-2020 at 03:26 PM.
    HELLO

Not going to pass by ***** *** Mitch.

If it is legalized that means it drops off the Schedule I controlled substances list correct?

Yeah, it looks like the Senate won't take it up. Could've spared us the time. Republicans, as always, need to be defeated if we want to get anywhere. And just a reminder, Biden expressed skepticism about this in the primary.

Valade, my title might be confusing. I think "legalize" is the right word. I think this is more than "decriminalizing". It will remove it from the list of controlled substances and expunge some marijuana-related criminal record. But it's still up to the states to pass their own laws about sales.

FNK, Sluggo, Brewers, etc. Matt Gaetz supports this. You can too! IT'S OK!
    Last edited by ManRam; 12-04-2020 at 03:40 PM.
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Yeah, it looks like the Senate won't take it up. Could've spared us the time. Republicans, as always, need to be defeated if we want to get anywhere. And just a reminder, Biden expressed skepticism about this in the primary.

Valade, my title might be confusing. I'm not sure "legalize" is the right word. But honestly I don't know. I saw the tweet saying it was "poised to pass", started the thread, got distracted, saw it officially passed, and then posted without looking at it.

It will remove it from the list of controlled substances and expunge some marijuana-related criminal record. But it's still up to the states to pass their own laws about sales.

FNK, Sluggo, Brewers, etc. Matt Gaetz supports this. You can too! IT'S OK!
    That’s all I’m looking for. I cannot smoke because the Army prohibits ingesting anything on the controlled substances list, so if it falls off that, I may be able to smoke! At least for the day it takes them to draft official US Army policy prohibiting smoking lol.

But for that one day I’ll be in paradise.

This is one of the weirdest cans for any politician to kick down the road. Because if they wanted to do something to give Trump a feather in his cap for a legacy, for whatever that means, this would be it.

The president that legalizes or even decriminalizes pot is going to get a blank check for future fame. That president is going to be a huge hit politically. Obviously I would love for them to wait for Joe Biden so he can be the president that signs that bill. But also the sooner the better. This bill should also call on the president to issue a pardon for every single marijuana charge retroactively and require that the government not do business with those that drug test their employees and negatively impact them for marijuana.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

idk how anyone would be against this. so stupid
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    idk how anyone would be against this. so stupid
    Cruelty is kinda the point of a lot of conservative politics. They try to remind us every day.
    HELLO

Connor Lamb was one of the people most vocal about blaming the left for down ballot failures.

Then he does stuff like this. Argues that we can't focus on two things at once. "Now is not the time". Tell that to the thousands of people sitting in jail right now in his own state. A state with a popular Democratic governor and an even more popular Lt. Governor who has made it his job to fight for legalization. Nope. A bridge too far. Spoken like the lunatic right wingers in this state.

He literally just had to vote "yes". It takes no more time to support this bill than oppose it.

Maybe centrists ought to look in the mirror every once in a while, no?
    HELLO

Connor Lamb was one of the people most vocal about blaming the left for down ballot failures.

Then he does stuff like this. Argues that we can't focus on two things at once. "Now is not the time". Tell that to the thousands of people sitting in jail right now in his own state. A state with a popular Democratic governor and an even more popular Lt. Governor who has made it his job to fight for legalization. Nope. A bridge too far. Spoken like the lunatic right wingers in this state.

He literally just had to vote "yes". It takes no more time to support this bill than oppose it.

Maybe centrists ought to look in the mirror every once in a while, no?
    Lol..

“small, non-serious bill that wasn’t done the right way and will never be signed into law, regardless of who is President.”

Maybe he just doesn't want to waste time? Trying to push a bill that he knows is going to get shut down. Dude you are a walking AOC Dem Soc Billboard. You are comparing 2 things that have nothing to do with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Lol..

“small, non-serious bill that wasn’t done the right way and will never be signed into law, regardless of who is President.”

Maybe he just doesn't want to waste time? Trying to push a bill that he knows is going to get shut down. Dude you are a walking AOC Dem Soc Billboard. You are comparing 2 things that have nothing to do with each other.
    ManRam is right on this one. I don't understand any Democrat voting against this bill for both it being the right thing to do and being the politically inevitable thing. There is going to come a day in the not too distant future that this will look like a slam dunk and people will wonder why anyone didn't support it.

Conor should know better than this. Even if he thinks this bill won't become law, voting against it makes no sense.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    The House passed a bill decriminalizing cannabis and seeks to "address the devastating injustices caused by the war on drugs".

Passed 228-164.

If there is ever anything that I feel like should be bipartisan, it's this. Whether you're a freedom-loving red blooded American who wants an unobtrusive government, a person who is solely motivated by how much taxes they're paying, or just a decent person who thinks that 10s of thousands of people should not be in jail for possessing a thing that you literally could not kill yourself with even if you tried...well...why would anyone still be stuck in the Reagan era cloud of nonsense.

And while this feels like common sense, 5 Republicans voted Yes. 6 Dems voted no...including my turd of a Representative Mr. Lamb.

Not sure how things shape up in the Senate. Won't hold my breath. A bunch of out of touch troglodytes.

But we're getting closer to something good. Something that directly and materially improve the lives of thousands of people and families. All the while harming no one. Republicans just want to remind you that good things aren't possible and "freedom" really means nothing to them, I guess.

Let 'em all out.
    If I may go professor on ya... (Because on Thursday a bunch of peope are going to get this wrong on the my final) Leagalize is not the same as decriminalize.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

I find the timing of this quite interesting. People have been waiting...begging...for a stim bill. We've just had (still having?) the most contentious election of our lifetime and out of seemingly nowhere........this.

My thought for years has been that if the feds were REALLY thinking, not only could legalization happened YEARS ago on the federal level, but the government could have set themselves up NOT just to gain TAX revenue, but to be the primary SUPPLIER of cannabis products. We could have been significantly reducing our national debt.

But now, somebody needs to send a batch of Purple Punch brownies to Admiral Agbar and maybe this AND a stim bill will happily get through him.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I find the timing of this quite interesting. People have been waiting...begging...for a stim bill. We've just had (still having?) the most contentious election of our lifetime and out of seemingly nowhere........this.

My thought for years has been that if the feds were REALLY thinking, not only could legalization happened YEARS ago on the federal level, but the government could have set themselves up NOT just to gain TAX revenue, but to be the primary SUPPLIER of cannabis products. We could have been significantly reducing our national debt.

But now, somebody needs to send a batch of Purple Punch brownies to Admiral Agbar and maybe this AND a stim bill will happily get through him.
    The Democrats have done their piece several times and passed a stimulus bill. Please put this criticism away and bury it somewhere that it can never rear its ugly head. They passed the HEROES Act back in May. The Senate has done NOTHING. They haven't passed jack**** except for new judges over the last few months.
    _____

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast