Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Lebron Agrees to Extension with Lakers

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esp...3fplatform=amp

I feel this probably has a lot to do with trying to get AD to feel comfortable to sign long term.

Although this same franchise took care of Kobe late in his career, so it's not foreign territory.

He'll also be a FA the same time his son (if talented enough) can enter his name into the draft.

42.5 mill a season and still under paid lol

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    42.5 mill a season and still under paid lol
    I forgot which member it was but he suggested every team should have the ability to give market value to one player and just not have his contract go up against the cap, possibly just a max cap hold. I cant believe this isn't a thing, Bron is sacrificing millions so that the ho hum guys can feast. I think how profitable the league is, is indicative the stars pull, if MJ was around today, everyone would be making so much more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I forgot which member it was but he suggested every team should have the ability to give market value to one player and just not have his contract go up against the cap, possibly just a max cap hold. I cant believe this isn't a thing, Bron is sacrificing millions so that the ho hum guys can feast. I think how profitable the league is, is indicative the stars pull, if MJ was around today, everyone would be making so much more money.
    That would be bad because basically only the New York's and LA's of the league could afford that.

LeBron's true value is probably like $60M. Even if it's off the cap, how many Cleveland's could afford that extra $20M?

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    That would be bad because basically only the New York's and LA's of the league could afford that.

LeBron's true value is probably like $60M. Even if it's off the cap, how many Cleveland's could afford that extra $20M?
    I never said it was fair to the league, just the player. A LeBron isn't joining a Cleveland anyways IMO, this one did just because of his roots but I've seen other stars eschew the hometown redemption tour. These players raise the value of a franchise to ridiculous levels and they get very little of that pie I think

Still, if one were to join a small market , Bron and a bunch of rookie scale contracts and MLE guys would have to suffice.

Donít know if you saw me say this but Iíve been thinking/saying that for awhile now. Let the top 30 guys make a choice. Iíd love to see the top guys get what theyíre due and the next level guys make a choice of staying at maxes on top teams or uncapped on the bad ones to make them better.

Hope he stays healthy and doesn't decline too much til the end of his contract.

This more or less is a retirement plan for LeBron hence the extension

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post

Nah your looking at it wrong because my proposal was a little more in depth. It had a hard cap on the remainder of the roster thatís paid through TV Contracts, revenue sharing, and other Basketball related outcomes. Without teams having a tax to pay, and the rest of the salary not coming out of owners pockets, it frees them up financially to do something like this. Additionally the only way a team can use it is if they draft or trade for said player. Canít sign them as a FA into that slot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And there's ADs 5 year deal right behind him.

There should be no max contracts and there should be no cap exemptions (hard cap) the draft should be 1 round and the rosters should be 20 players.