Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Bud Dupree, torn ACL

Per twitter. Feel for him. About to hit the jackpot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang.

That's why you don't play on the tag if you can avoid it. Not that he really had a choice since the Steelers don't have any money to really offer him, but I'll never understand why most players don't just take the long term deal they're usually offered. Dak for example allegedly had 40M/season offered and he blew his ankle up trying to squeeze out, what, 45M/season?

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

That really sucks for the Steelers D. He has his best season this year too.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    That's why you don't play on the tag if you can avoid it. Not that he really had a choice since the Steelers don't have any money to really offer him, but I'll never understand why most players don't just take the long term deal they're usually offered. Dak for example allegedly had 40M/season offered and he blew his ankle up trying to squeeze out, what, 45M/season?
    Dak will be fine, Dupree though? That hurts him big time.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Dak will be fine, Dupree though? That hurts him big time.
    How so? ACL repairs are becoming quite routine. Broken bones? Who knows.

Poor Dupree. Hope he still get paid big [emoji22]

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by war
    How so? ACL repairs are becoming quite routine. Broken bones? Who knows.
    I think maybe he means from the standing of getting a big contract. Dak will be fine because teams overpay QBs and he's a young one. Dupree is almost 28, only has a couple years of quality production, and will likely still be rehabbing his ACL by the start of 2021. His red flags will certainly hurt his guaranteed money and he may end up on a prove it deal if he doesn't take lesser money.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

I think maybe he means from the standing of getting a big contract. Dak will be fine because teams overpay QBs and he's a young one. Dupree is almost 28, only has a couple years of quality production, and will likely still be rehabbing his ACL by the start of 2021. His red flags will certainly hurt his guaranteed money and he may end up on a prove it deal if he doesn't take lesser money.
    Pretty much this. Also, I don't think a QB will rely on mobility as much as a DE/OLB.

Bud will get his money somewhere. It might not be big guaranteed money but heíll get it.

So a couple thing for Bud here:
    -He expressed he rather play on the tag than work something out.
    -Most teams didnít make a huge effort this year on tagged players due to the uncertainty of next years cap.
    -As you later pointed out, he developed later, so not playing would have left a ton of questions, especially if whoever replaced him produced too.

Dallas never offered Dak $40M/season. I think the most legit offer was still under $35M/year. He might still get that if he doesn't get tagged again.

But QB is a different position when it comes to contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Dallas never offered Dak $40M/season. I think the most legit offer was still under $35M/year. He might still get that if he doesn't get tagged again.

But QB is a different position when it comes to contracts.
    Yeah I don't remember seeing him offered $40 a year either. I think the offer I saw was 5 years for $175M which would have put him at $35M. He wasn't altogether opposed to that price but he wanted it to be at 4 years. If there was a 5th year, he wanted it to be at $45M (if reports are to be believed).

He will be tagged again this year and we will see what happens then. Too much smoke around this to really know. My hope would be Dallas signs him to a long term extension around $40M a year now. He has more leverage than before in some ways but less in others (like the unknown about injury recovery).

If they had just made Baltimore forfeit the game this would have never happened.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.