Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Boom! I like May.. hopefully he stays healthy.

Lol, one Trevor down, one to go!

Mets Sign TREVOR....May

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...revor-may.html

Super stoked to have an accomplished twitch streamer on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Damn. You beat me to it.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Mets are going to go hard on the entertainment aspect of the team. Trevor May a twitch streamer, sign Bauer the eccentric YouTuber, Stroman and his brand, Dom just oozes swag, and so on.

Gonna be smart to sign these marketable guys who interact with fans outside of the game. It’s a great way to generate publicity and for marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Mets are going to go hard on the entertainment aspect of the team. Trevor May a twitch streamer, sign Bauer the eccentric YouTuber, Stroman and his brand, Dom just oozes swag, and so on.

Gonna be smart to sign these marketable guys who interact with fans outside of the game. It’s a great way to generate publicity and for marketing.

I am not saying you are wrong, far from it...I agree with you. However, you know what helps with marketing?

Winning.

At this point I don't care who they sign, as long as this team starts to actually win games.

Quote Originally Posted by wdwyer View Post
    I am not saying you are wrong, far from it...I agree with you. However, you know what helps with marketing?

Winning.

At this point I don't care who they sign, as long as this team starts to actually win games.
    Oh, I totally agree with you too.

The big egos, big personalities, and so on are loved. Cespedes was a diva - when he was producing, everyone loved him. When he wasn’t, the personality became a problem. It’ll be the same with whoever the team signs.

Guys like Jay Bruce were some of the least marketable people of all time. Energy is typically infectious, I’d think that the egos of Bauer and Stroman matched with their talent level, are perfect matches for NY.

Numbers come first, of course. I think Stroman, Bauer, and May are all above average pitchers to where the marketability and their work off the field is just the cherry on top.

Having an exciting team isn’t as important as winning but I think exciting teams have a tendency to win. That’s just me, though.

Reports are its a 2 year deal but still haven't heard money yet.

He was projected to get 10-15 million

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Jon Heyman
    @JonHeyman
    ·
    1m
    Mets agree to 2-year deal with reliever Trevor May.
    @AnthonyDiComo
    and
    @martinonyc
    1st

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

This is a good move. Can't have too many relievers especially with how volatile it is. High reward type move

Solid move, sign Hand and we have a very good pen.

But May is like Diaz, when he gets hit it’s hard and that explains his relative middle of the road ERA last year.

https://www.mlb.com/video/trevor-may-shuts-down-tigers

Just a brief look at May and his stuff. Can’t argue with adding another power arm like this who can keep the ball in the zone while missing bats. I love the addition! I would like Justin Wilson back tbh.

This is the difference between the Wilpons and Cohen, the Mets settled for Fat Frank and now targeted Trevor May.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast