Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    I saw something suggesting Savage could play the "Star" role in Barry's defense were he is moving all over the place. Having another safety would be required.

And even without that, they need a hybrid guy to do what Raven Greene did (when healthy) and that Will Redmond can't do.
    I look at a guy liek budda baker. Granted, this tweet was prior to last year, so it doesn't include his snaps last year, but his career snaps by position prior to last year were 882 at slot, 708 at free safety, 460 at LB and 186 as an edge. Generally, those things at based upon where you're physically standing at the snap moreso than position, but it's a good indicator of a guy who moves a ton. Not sure the exact numbers, but Honey Badger does similar things. Derwin James is a different type of guy, but he's a similar story.

And I recall reports coming out from even his rookie camp that the coaches were impressed with how quickly he picked up the play book, so that would at least suggest he's capable of learning his responsibilities in all those spots fairly quickly, even with a new DC.

Thats going to be a key with him. It's actually a semi similar story to Jenkins as well. Jenkins and savage should have enough positional versatility that we aren't shoe horned into taking specific spots. If a safety or center falls in the draft, we can take those spots and fill savage or Jenkins around them.

Packers had a meeting with Auburn receiver/returner Eli Stove

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Packers had a meeting with Auburn receiver/returner Eli Stove
    I wonder if this is more of a potential UDFA conversation. Given the depth of this class, I'm not sure Stove gets drafted this year but could slide into the late round. The pretty reliable workload in the Auburn offense last two seasons he had 81 recs and 680 yds, 6 TD's the last two seasons. My issue would be for a guy who is supposed to be a gadget type his numbers are just ok.

Packers meet with Northwestern WR Ramaud Chiaokhiao-Bowman

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/202...okhiao-bowman/

Interesting article here about the Packers and RAS, which is Relative Athletic Score. For anyone who's not super familiar, RAS measures athelticism controlled for body size on a 10 point scale. Basically, if two guys run a 4.5 second 40 and one is 5'10" 190 lbs and the other is 6'5" 250 lbs, the 2nd guy will have a higher RAS score for speed becuase that type of speed is much more rare at the 2nd size than the first. Granted, I don't think NFL teams use this exact formula, I'm guessing most do some sort of size adjusted formula for athletic testing.

But the article basically says the Packers almost always draft guys with an RAS of 8 or higher. Of the Packers last 25 picks, 3 weren't able to do enough testing to qualify for an RAS, but of the 22 that qualified, 80% had an RAS over 8.0. And that does change a bit by position as the article states. It seems a few spots like TE and ILB we've been a bit less strict about the 8.0 cutoff, but some like DB, Edge, WR and OL we seem more strict on it.

The article is not formatted well at all for mobile, just as a warning since I use mobile almost exclusively. But it lays out all the guys at each position who meet the 8.0 qualifier at each position. This year might be a bit crazy with all pro days and no combine, so maybe we ease the requirements some, but I think there's a decent chance that list makes up alot of the guys we are looking at.

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-...ers-164087386/

This year has been a really strange year for draft analysis as a whole though. I know there's always descrepancies, but this year feels extra crazy, especially at the spots the Packers are likely to be picking. There doesn't even seem to be anything close to a consensus. Depending on where you look, there will be guys who are off the board when the Packers pick at 29 at one spot who are available with our 2nd rounder in another spot.

But to me, I think there's a strong likelihood we draft either an OT, DL or CB in the first. Outside chance of S, WR or ILB as well, but I'd say the first 3 are more likely.

To me, it seems Sewell, Slater and probably Darrisaw are all off the board well before we pick. Seems like most drafts have Vera-Tucker off the board as well. To me, Jenkins seems like a Packers guy. I also think Cosmi, despite being lower on some boards is in play too. Humphrey could be the pick too, but I really think we're more looking for a potential tackle. Humphrey and maybe a guy like Mayfield or even Eichenberg feel more like guys who might make sense if we trade down a bit. If we stay put, Jenkins and Cosmi are the guys I have my eye on.

At CB, that position is all over the map. Horn and Surtain are almost certainly off the board. Farley and Newsome both seem to usually come off the board before the Packers pick. If either is on the board, I'd expect we'd think long and hard about them. For me, the two other guys I think well have our eye on at CB in the first are Stokes and Melifonwu. Samuel might make sense because we like playing zone. While he is similar in size to Jaire, he is a bit small for what we usually take at corner. I don't personally love Melifonwu, but he feels like a Packers pick.

For DL, Barmore is the only guy that's consistently in the first. He's usually off the board by the Packers pick, but he has been skipping a bit lately. If he's available, I think there's a very strong chance he's the guy. Outside of him, Levi O from UCLA has been rising lately. He's about the only other guy I could see in play at 29 without a trade back. I think it's early for him, but we do have a history of taking West Coast/Pac 12 guys fairly early and it wouldn't be an utter shock if we grabbed him. He's a top shelf athlete at the position.

As for the other positions, depending how the board falls, I could see moehrig at safety. His RAS wasn't elite, but was still good and he was dealing with a bit of a back injury that may have dropped him a bit. At ILB, if Parsons falls, he may be the guy. However, if he falls, it might be for off the field stuff, which could mean he's not on our board. JOK doesn't seem to be the type of guy we've historically taken at ILB. Maybe that changes with a new DC, but he doesn't seek like a Packers type. Collins is interesting. Not sure how the Packers will have him rated, but he could be around.

As for WR, I'm not really sure where we go. Traditionally, Bateman and Marshall both feel like Packers guys, especially Bateman. But I could also see us trying to find the one peice we don't have. If that's the case, both Moores could be in play too. I also think dyami brown could end up being a best of both worlds type of compromise. I feel like I don't have. A great read on where we'd go at WR if we did take one.

rumors going around Western Michigan’s D’Wayne Eskridge is a potential target for the Packers. I'm assuming a mid to late round target.

on a similar note, have you guys noticed when going through the WRs for this year how many of them are undersized receivers?

Jaylon Waddle 5'10
    Rondale Moore 5'9
    Elijah Moore 5'9
    D'Wayne Eskridge 5'9
    Amari Rodgers 5'10
    Tutu Atwell 5'9
    Demetri Felton 5'10

The Packers tend to shy away from drafting shorter WRs with the exception being Randall Cobb who was like a 1/4 in under 5'11

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789