Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Today I'm really looking DL, OL, and WR as possible selections. But I also I think they need to be in a BPA spot once again. I would agree with Chris Simms take this morning the Packers are going to be able to patch things up for this season and get Rodgers one more year, but very unlikely they make it work past this season. They've got to be of the mindset of building a group around Love just in case. The moves you would make to hand over to Love also make this team better in the now as well. I think the best way to do that is to make sure they shore up the DL, OL, and WR spots. Everywhere else seems moot. I would say if I had to choose DL and WR need to be the picks, but I understand OL too. But given out success in developing and current depth it may make sense to wait. How I'm looking at the board there may be a cluster of WR's for them to take, and hope some DL fall in range in the 3rd.

I would be watching out for a few names today Alim McNeil, D'Wayne Eskridge, Amari Rodgers, Rondale Moore, Tevin Jenkins, or Sam Cosmi. Outside chance of a TE like Tremble or Jordan. Also, don't write off safety I hear they're high on Holland and Moehrig if the value is there I say go for it, if they come off the board early 2 then safety can wait. Center could low-key be in play too I would watch the name, Josh Myers in the 3rd maybe. Needless to say a lot of options for the next two rounds tonight. I would be interested to see if they might have interest in JOK, but they surely would need to move up for him.

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    I donít even see how Denver fits. The return isnít really that great... idk I just donít see why Denver is the fit here. If anything it was Chargers, Rams, or San Fran. Maybe Seattle honestly. I think the power play is fiancť and jeopardy recording.
    Prior to the draft, Denver made the most sense. Packers will want him out of the NFC. So. AFC makes semse. Denver is qb hungry and not afraid to go get a vet. They also had a more premium pick thns Vegas, and have a guy like juedy we could potentially ask for along with picks.

Chargers have Herbert. Seattle is NFC and a Russ for Rodgers swap probably doesn't happen. San Fran didnt make sense to me either. They already gave up a bunch of future picks. And since we already have Love, the allure of pick 3 wasn't all that great.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    Today I'm really looking DL, OL, and WR as possible selections. But I also I think they need to be in a BPA spot once again. I would agree with Chris Simms take this morning the Packers are going to be able to patch things up for this season and get Rodgers one more year, but very unlikely they make it work past this season. They've got to be of the mindset of building a group around Love just in case. The moves you would make to hand over to Love also make this team better in the now as well. I think the best way to do that is to make sure they shore up the DL, OL, and WR spots. Everywhere else seems moot. I would say if I had to choose DL and WR need to be the picks, but I understand OL too. But given out success in developing and current depth it may make sense to wait. How I'm looking at the board there may be a cluster of WR's for them to take, and hope some DL fall in range in the 3rd.

I would be watching out for a few names today Alim McNeil, D'Wayne Eskridge, Amari Rodgers, Rondale Moore, Tevin Jenkins, or Sam Cosmi. Outside chance of a TE like Tremble or Jordan. Also, don't write off safety I hear they're high on Holland and Moehrig if the value is there I say go for it, if they come off the board early 2 then safety can wait. Center could low-key be in play too I would watch the name, Josh Myers in the 3rd maybe. Needless to say a lot of options for the next two rounds tonight. I would be interested to see if they might have interest in JOK, but they surely would need to move up for him.
    Ive long thought Jenkims and Cosmi are Packers targets. There's a fair amount of WRs left that could be of interest too. Both Moores could be interesting. Marshall had some medical pop up allegedly, but he fits the Packers athwktic mold at WR perfectly.

Looking at some trade vakue charts, looks like 62 plus a third could get us up to about 48ish or so. 62 plus a 4th and 5th gets us up to the mid 50s or so. Just depending on who's available.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Ive long thought Jenkims and Cosmi are Packers targets. There's a fair amount of WRs left that could be of interest too. Both Moores could be interesting. Marshall had some medical pop up allegedly, but he fits the Packers athwktic mold at WR perfectly.

Looking at some trade vakue charts, looks like 62 plus a third could get us up to about 48ish or so. 62 plus a 4th and 5th gets us up to the mid 50s or so. Just depending on who's available.
    I'm fairly certain we try and swing a trade today. It will be interesting, I would be hesitant to give up a third to move up in the 2nd though. I think the really good value should still be in the 3rd unless you know you're getting a stud or the guy you had just below Stokes in the first.

Jenkins with his versatility and Cosmi with his athleticism certainly seem to have them on the target board for sure. WR is certainly wide open on options still. With Marshall, I think the questions were around his foot injury two years ago.

I definitely see them trading up today. As been said, plenty of options at WR in 2-3 rounds. I love the pick last night. It was completely necessary. OL, DL and WR and Iím happy. Our whinny QB should be too.

I wanna see 3 picks today. We need impact talent. Letís find it now. OL wr and DL are huge needs

I wanna see 3 picks today. We need impact talent. Letís find it now. OL wr and DL are huge needs
    Yep and they have the capital to do it too.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    https://us20.chatzy.com/17574225326417

here is a chatzy link if you guys want to chat during the draft, same rules from here apply over there.
    Just commenting so link on next page.

Drafting for need, what a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    Drafting for need, what a great idea.
    Not to be that guy, but this draft isn't all that different from last year besides love. We took stokes because King is a FA next year. No guarantee he plays right away e or even much at all. Which is similar to Dillon last year. Degura was a sneaky need last year. I didmt like the pick, but no one knew Tonyan was going to break out. I like Amari for sure and he immediately slots into that Ervin/Austin spot. But yes still behind MVS and Lazard on the pecking order. But both guys can be FAs next year, so it's definitely an eye on the future need to. Myers most likely slots in at C almost right away.

And honestly, that's what the Packers have pretty much always done. Unless your picking near the top, you shouldn't count on a ton of snaps from your rookies. Myers may play alot. Once Bak is back, its possible Patrick beats him out though too. Stokes could win the CB2 job, but I also wouldn't be shocked if he was a CB4 and special teamer in year 1. Rodgers could be an instant difference maker, but it's also somewhat likely he's a 400 rush/receiving yards type guy. Cobb's rookie year he was a returner and had 380 scrimmage yards. I wouldnt be shocked it that's Rodgers if everyone stays healthy at WR.

Going to trade up in the 4th, but for who?

damn you Vikings, I really thought Smith-Marsette was going to be in Green and Gold

awww mannnnnn WFT took the LS from Michigan Camaron Cheeseman

IRN and PB it was fun watching the draft with you gentlemen last night. Letís do it again for the season. I actually love this draft. Gute hit all the needs. Hopefully our diva QB thought it was enough to grace us with his presence for one more year, then we can ship him for a nice haul.

Love better be ****ing good.
    He's 2 years away from being ready to play. Nick Mullen or Blake Bortles? The available free agents that can start in 2021.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast