Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    We also had an interview with Jermar Jefferson, he would be an excellent complement to AJ Dillon. An electric runner who worst case becomes a change of pace back. He's got great hands, a tough runner, and has already shown some aptitude as a blocker. He may be a name to watch for coming this draft. He's a perfect fit for this offense system, but we're not alone in interest in him either.

The Green Bay Packers will have a virtual pre-draft meeting with one of the most electric offensive playmakers in the 2021 NFL draft.

According to Justin Melo of The Draft Network, the Packers have a meeting scheduled with Purdue receiver Rondale Moore for next month. Moore has been busy, meeting virtually with at least 10 teams already.
    https://packerswire.usatoday.com/202...re-2021-draft/

According to Justin Melo of The Draft Network, the Packers and New Orleans Saints both recently met virtually with Auburn linebacker K.J. Britt, a defensive captain for the Tigers who broke out in 2019 but missed all but two games in 2020.
    https://packerswire.usatoday.com/202...tt-2021-draft/

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I like Rondale Moore a lot. He fits perfect with what we need and with the WR group we have. Not sure I want to use a first rounder to do that tho.

Rondale Moore, if not him, but the type of player is really one that I think they will add this draft. Moore is an electric player, the big knock on him is he's only played 7 games in the last 2 seasons. Injuries plus his already small size are going to be a major factor. Outside that there's not much to dislike. He can take over the Austin/Ervin roles immediately and take that role to a new level, but also has the skill to contribute in other areas. He would be an upgrade in the return game as well. I've seen some mocks with him going in round 1 and given his injuries I think that is a bit of a reach, but I would be willing to take a look at him perhaps in the second. But give the questions that may not be answered and the depth at WR again I wonder if he could slip into the 3rd and be a guy we could move up for to get.

KJ Britt seems like a Barry guy. I think he likes developing players. Martin and Barnes will be good fits for him, but Britt is a hard player to read. His 2019 number gives you a look into how he might be able to develop. But if they think they have what it takes to mold him. On the other side, a lot of people have him as a special teams guy and he might be initially. He is a project player at LB, and perhaps that's what Barry/Olivaodotti wants to work with. If you're buying 2019 he could be a stellar selection. I think he's a guy you take if you trust your coaches to develop him.

Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    I like Rondale Moore a lot. He fits perfect with what we need and with the WR group we have. Not sure I want to use a first rounder to do that tho.
    I agree it would be a huge risk given his injuries to take him in the first. Ton's of intrigue around him though. I think one of two things is going to happen with him a team will fall in love with his athletic gifts and take him early or teams are going to be weary with a deep class at WR and he slides into the mid-2nd or very early 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    I agree it would be a huge risk given his injuries to take him in the first. Ton's of intrigue around him though. I think one of two things is going to happen with him a team will fall in love with his athletic gifts and take him early or teams are going to be weary with a deep class at WR and he slides into the mid-2nd or very early 3rd.
    I think with the way guys like Ty Hill dominate, someone will fall in love with him. May not be in the first. But I'd be surprised if he falls too far into the 2nd, assuming there's nothing major about his medicals.

But I agree well definitely be looking at that type of player and this draft has a few of those guys. Moore and Toney are the first round guys but I think there's a few "Great Value" brand version of those guys that may go in the 3rd-ish round. I think it makes sense for us to wait until then for a guy like that. That being said, I'd get on board pretty quickly on draft night if we walked away with Moore or Toney.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I think with the way guys like Ty Hill dominate, someone will fall in love with him. May not be in the first. But I'd be surprised if he falls too far into the 2nd, assuming there's nothing major about his medicals.

But I agree well definitely be looking at that type of player and this draft has a few of those guys. Moore and Toney are the first round guys but I think there's a few "Great Value" brand version of those guys that may go in the 3rd-ish round. I think it makes sense for us to wait until then for a guy like that. That being said, I'd get on board pretty quickly on draft night if we walked away with Moore or Toney.
    Yeah, I really think mid-two is where he lands. I think given the depth he could potentially slip a little further. The reason I'm thinking it's potentially possible is that a few years ago with DK Metcalf slipping to the 3rd. Metcalf has a neck injury though, maybe a better comparison would be last year a lot of people think Shenault would have gone higher but slipped to the mid-second because of the unanswered injury question. But again someone will roll the dice here.

You're right though there are about 10 guys who fit that role who could go a little lower than Toney and Moore. I'd be interested in Amari Rodgers a bit later. Clemson has been magic with WR's. He could be another solid player out of Clemson may not reach the star level, but has a good amount of upside to him.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    Yeah, I really think mid-two is where he lands. I think given the depth he could potentially slip a little further. The reason I'm thinking it's potentially possible is that a few years ago with DK Metcalf slipping to the 3rd. Metcalf has a neck injury though, maybe a better comparison would be last year a lot of people think Shenault would have gone higher but slipped to the mid-second because of the unanswered injury question. But again someone will roll the dice here.

You're right though there are about 10 guys who fit that role who could go a little lower than Toney and Moore. I'd be interested in Amari Rodgers a bit later. Clemson has been magic with WR's. He could be another solid player out of Clemson may not reach the star level, but has a good amount of upside to him.
    Yes we are very fortunate that it's a pretty deep draft for those gadget-y type slot guys. Last year was actually pretty weak in that regard. Lots of good WR prospects but it seemed to be more size/speed combo guys later on.

I don't scout near as in depth as many on here, but it'll be interesting with that small WR group. I like Rodgers too and last year I may have punished guys like Jefferson too much for playing with other talent. But on the flipside, we do need to acknowledge the talent gap some guys deal with though too. That was one of my points with aiyuk last year in particualur. Most fans weren't as high on him as NFL types were because his qb play was awful. So it'll be interesting to see how Rodgers is evaluated compared to some of the others who didn't play with Lawrence.

All that being said, Bateman absolutely feels like a Packers WR though. I think we are looking at a gadget type guy but wouldn't at all be shocked if we took Bateman either. Not a need, but he seems to fit the profile of guys we've looked for forever.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 02-25-2021 at 07:19 PM.

Bateman would be a great pick, and the big reason behind it would be too is developing the next in line its been the pattern of the team we've basically gone from Sharpe to Brooks to Freeman to Driver to Jennings to Nelson to Adams etc. I think Bateman could be a beast in this scheme he's one of those guys you take and figure it out. He's versatile and can play the slot or be an outside threat. With the versatility of most of our receivers he should fit in and we can use the group in many looks.

Packers meet virtually with Louisville RB Javian Hawkins
    Much like Jefferson a great fit for this offense. All signs seem to point to them looking for a change of pace electric RB to complement Dillon. I like Hawkins skillet as well would be a great pair with Dillon.

Thoughts on going OL at the end of round 1? I wanted to type RT, but maybe with Jenkins they’re not really locked into 1 position

Quote Originally Posted by MFNkingAC View Post
    Thoughts on going OL at the end of round 1? I wanted to type RT, but maybe with Jenkins they’re not really locked into 1 position
    I'm all for going early if it's the right fit. You can never really knock adding to your OL. It's not sexy, but it needs to be done. When it comes to the OL our line is so versatile and deep still we can watch and get the right fit. My big thing of adding one early is if they will be starting at some point this season or contributing. Our starting group is pretty well-set give or take with Bak-Jenkins-Patrick-Runyan-Turner, swap a name or two maybe Hanson or Stepaniak can step in for example. Even after cutting Wagner and likely losing Linsley on the OL, this is still a solid OL group we have the luxury of picking strictly be scene fit and the ability to move guys like Jenkins or Turner to play multiple spots. I mean if Slater or Darrisaw is there absolutely zero question. Perhaps if they like guys like Mayfield or Radunz may be worth taking a look too. At the same time, I see no harm in waiting on the position too. We do a great job drafting and developing guys. With our current depth, we can afford to do that and get's crafty. Even if you hold off to the second round there could be some scenarios that benefit us. For example I think you could IOL guys maybe a guard or say a Landon Dickerson or Josh Myers, they could immediately start you then have Runyan and Patrick competing for the RG spot and Turner on the right side with Stepaniak developing as the heir. We could add a guard to two in plans to slot Jenkins at tackle. I think too we could get away with a guy like James Hudson from Cincinnati would be a nice fit to develop and could probably be available in the 3rd a high potential developmental guy. I pretty good wherever they chose to draft one.

Quote Originally Posted by MFNkingAC View Post
    Everything we've done leads me to believe they would prefer to keep Jenkins on the interior. Even when turner and Wagner struggled we didnt kick him out, as turner can play on the interior. So I'd be surprised if we view Jenkins as a tackle. That being said, he does have the versatility where you can afford to be a bit more shallow at OT since Jenkins can do it in an emergency.

I would be shocked if we don't take any OL in the draft, but beyond that nothing would surprise me. I could see us taking one early or taking a few late again. As things stand right now, if Bak is ready to go fairly early on in the season, you have 5 potential starters on the roster right now. I wouldnt feel terrible about some combo of Bak, Patrick, Jenkins, Runyan and turner. But you need depth. So I think we draft at least one guy, possibly turners longer term replacement. Also wouldn't he surprised if we bring in a cheap vet, possibly Lane Taylor, to compete on the interior. And that's where Jenkins flexibility comes in. If we draft a tackle, if he's not ready to start the year, you put Jenkins at OT and slide Taylor inside until Bak is back.

We just need our picks to help the team in 2021. We need OL, RB and WR on offense. Defense needs DL, CB and some depth at LB. honestly those are kinda in order for me too.

Can we accomplish all that in one draft?

Gonna be hard. After last years draft I don’t have much faith.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast