Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Who knew it would take EDP to realize how naiive I've been in wanting to keep Doug.
    He's been 7-9 first year, which is condemnable.
    But 13-3 with a superbowl then he's been
    9-7
    9-7 and 3-7-1 thus far.

Aside from the one outlier year he's been mediocre in a bad division. Sure a 56% winning percentage is solid for a coach but there is nomore upward trend and instead its been a heavy decline in all facets.

Can we chalk it up to the lack of talent? Sure
    But aren't you thr same coach who went toe for toe with Tom Brady in the SB.

Question is he gets fired, who the hell do we hire? We always do the most unconventional hires.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Gonna be pretty hard to afford robinsons price tag with our current cap situation

Iím ok with

Chase
    Sewell
    Parsons
    Surtain

I really like the idea of Gregory Rousseau

But he missed an entire year of football. But if he tests well? I mean itíd be nice to finally have a dominant edge rusher

6-7? Jesus

Any of those 5 Iíd be happy.

Iíd prefer signing Robinson, heís 27 and proven.

I think we need to retake over the trenches through the draft

Sewell and Rousseau fit that

Then take a LB with proper talent early round 2

Then a guard round 3

Etc
    Its easy to fit Robinson in if we trade guys like Ertz and get rid of Alshon and Desean. Along with restructuring guys like Malik Jackson.

Also Bengals would be absolutely nut cases if they passed on Sewell. I also don't see us passing them to get a higher pick so he's most likely going there.
    I'm down for a shutdown corner but with Slay already here I would prefer a linebacker. We need that elite guy in the middle. We have a nasty dline but they just get no time because our safeties are meh and linebackers are blah.

But im down to go guard/center in the 2nd round. I don't see Kelce playing much longer and we can't get stuck at that position if he leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Who knew it would take EDP to realize how naiive I've been in wanting to keep Doug.
    He's been 7-9 first year, which is condemnable.
    But 13-3 with a superbowl then he's been
    9-7
    9-7 and 3-7-1 thus far.

Aside from the one outlier year he's been mediocre in a bad division. Sure a 56% winning percentage is solid for a coach but there is nomore upward trend and instead its been a heavy decline in all facets.

Can we chalk it up to the lack of talent? Sure
    But aren't you thr same coach who went toe for toe with Tom Brady in the SB.

Question is he gets fired, who the hell do we hire? We always do the most unconventional hires.
    Doug isnít perfect but there has been a supreme lack of talent

7-9 in his first year was outstanding. It was a 4-12 decimated team with a rookie QB

13-3 was a Super Bowl year

9-7 we made it to the divisional round

9-7 our QB got injured on the first series

3-7-1 the team is devoid of talent

Iím not saying Doug had done a good job this year. But the biggest issue is roster construction

We hit on a bunch of free agents in 2017 who were all towards the end of their primes. And the nucleus of the team were Andy Reid picks

Kelce, Cox, Graham

For this team to miss so much on picks in rounds 1-3 the past decade is why weíre here. Our best picks happened in 2012 and 2013 thatís 8 and 7 years ago

And then in 2016 we took carson

To me thatís an utter failure of drafting. That means weíve really hit on 3 out of 10 drafts lol

Thatís abysmal. Howie is batting .300 in the draft. Thatís bottom of the league

Doug isnít perfect but there has been a supreme lack of talent

7-9 in his first year was outstanding. It was a 4-12 decimated team with a rookie QB

13-3 was a Super Bowl year

9-7 we made it to the divisional round

9-7 our QB got injured on the first series

3-7-1 the team is devoid of talent

Iím not saying Doug had done a good job this year. But the biggest issue is roster construction

We hit on a bunch of free agents in 2017 who were all towards the end of their primes. And the nucleus of the team were Andy Reid picks

Kelce, Cox, Graham

For this team to miss so much on picks in rounds 1-3 the past decade is why weíre here. Our best picks happened in 2012 and 2013 thatís 8 and 7 years ago

And then in 2016 we took carson

To me thatís an utter failure of drafting. That means weíve really hit on 3 out of 10 drafts lol

Thatís abysmal. Howie is batting .300 in the draft. Thatís bottom of the league
    Pretty much hit the nail on the head. The rebuild really kind of needed to start last year at a minimum, but the front office was still under the delusion that the same group of guys would be able to turn it around and get it done. The biggest issue has been the offensive line play. The Eagles went from having a top 3 offensive line in the NFL to having arguably the worst this season. Part of that has to do with losing Brooks for the year before the season even started and Seumalo and Johnson being in and out of the lineup. It's only going to get worse though with Kelce potentially retiring and not knowing if Brooks or Johnson will ever be the same again.

The defensive line as many resources as they've dumped into it has been mediocre. Cox isn't an elite player anymore. He's still good, but he's been in decline for a couple years. Hargrave...lol! Jackson? Lol! Barnett is fine on a rookie deal, but not super excited about dumping huge funds on him. Sweat has turned into a really nice rotational pass rusher. And then Graham is really the only guy on the line playing at his Super Bowl level, but I fear his decline is coming.

That's where things have really deteriorated for the Eagles. They've gotten away from the identity they've had dating back to the early Andy Reid days. They are no longer among the best teams in the trenches on either side of the ball.

You just canít fail draft after draft. Listening to frank and zangaro they pointed out something that was troubling. In 18 years weíve only drafted 2 defensive pro bowlers

Cox and Trent cole

Thatís absurd

That means in 18 drafts with 7 rounds worth of picks weíve missed that many times lol

Obviously not all on roseman as heís only been GM since 2010 I believe. But what a mess

Honestly Doug has his issues, especially with playcalling right now. But the first thing that needs to go is the entire scouting department and GM

Howies gotta go

Do that, move forward from there. Let Doug and this new scout team take a swing at drafting. Maybe the new GM and scout team will present Doug with better players to pick from on draft day

I trust Howie when it comes to the cap but evaluating and drafting talent its a hard PASSED.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    One of the knocks on Reagor at TCU was a lack of consistent effort. I don't like seeing that in a rookie year already.

It's a tough year. But this is the professional level. Effort isn't an option.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    I get that his effort hasnít looked good at times and it was a concern in college but he had terrible QB play in college, thatíd get frustrating for any receiver. Now that heís in the nfl he still has terrible QB play (so far).

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    I get that his effort hasnít looked good at times and it was a concern in college but he had terrible QB play in college, thatíd get frustrating for any receiver. Now that heís in the nfl he still has terrible QB play (so far).
    Absolutely

However his lack of separation is moreso my concern. At least in the Seahawks game it was. Moving forward Iím not selling on him at all

Carson has absolutely played a factor but thereís other things involved

Absolutely

However his lack of separation is moreso my concern. At least in the Seahawks game it was. Moving forward Iím not selling on him at all

Carson has absolutely played a factor but thereís other things involved
    Agreed

I want Trevor Lawrence so bad LOL.

Eagles MUST lose out 3-12-1.

Chargers have 2 winnable games remaining Falcons and Broncos.

1. Jets
    2. Jaguars
    3. Bengals

Dear Joe Douglas and the NY Jets. Please accept this trade proposal.

Eagles trade Wentz, Ertz, Reagor, a 1st and 3rd in 2021, and 4 future 1st rounders for the 1st and 4th round pick in 2021. Thank you kindly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Dear Joe Douglas and the NY Jets. Please accept this trade proposal.

Eagles trade Wentz, Ertz, Reagor, a 1st and 3rd in 2021, and 4 future 1st rounders for the 1st and 4th round pick in 2021. Thank you kindly.
    5 first rounders, well 7 if you include wentz and reagor. Thatís a lot man.lol that seems like a madden type of trade.

That being said itís probably is gonna have to take a crazy trade to pry the 1st away from the jets. Some say Trevor Lawrence is the best QB prospect ever

Gotta Do It bro LOL.

Trevor Lawrence needs to be the face of this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Gotta Do It bro LOL.

Trevor Lawrence needs to be the face of this franchise.
    Lmao.. you might be right

Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast