Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 58 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    also Kyle Pitts is from Philadelphia lol

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    well the thing about Sirianni is he will (allegedly) develop his system based on personnel

I get Kyle Pitts on paper, but I do think nick will gladly run 11 personnel if we have the guys on the outside.

I'm actually lost on what I want from the draft now, because with Sirianni having such a great track record with WRs I can't help but wonder if he can make reagor, Watkins, Fulgham, and Hightower work? I mean all 4 showed something at some point. if that's the case why not draft parsons, Farley, surtain, or pitts

it's interesting.
    Oh I agree. I think reagor quez hightower and fulgham could really benefit in his system but is sirianni good enough to make the 32nd best WR group in the NFL go to be respectable? I wonder if they need at least one more guy. Pitts could be a WR/TE combo like kelce is.

That being said, I wouldnít be mad if they trade back and take one of the CBs or parsons as those are positions of need. Our new DC is a guy that prioritizes the secondary so thatíd be interesting to get some top end talent there

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Oh I agree. I think reagor quez hightower and fulgham could really benefit in his system but is sirianni good enough to make the 32nd best WR group in the NFL go to be respectable? I wonder if they need at least one more guy. Pitts could be a WR/TE combo like kelce is.

That being said, I wouldnít be mad if they trade back and take one of the CBs or parsons as those are positions of need. Our new DC is a guy that prioritizes the secondary so thatíd be interesting to get some top end talent there
    Well thatís the thing. They were all rookies, so he might. I mean if all 4 of those guys letís say that a step forward (not saying they will) you probably jump up to the 20th ranked WRs

Iíd love chase or smith

But Iíve seen it argued that pitts for example is a top 3 prospect, may be top 2

If we need weapons would be be the best bet? Idk

You could argue position doesnít matter, talent does. And with both goedert and pitts being hyper athletic could could really mess people up lol

But that would depend on reagor, Watkins, Hightower and fulgham developing to a point of competence which is to me highly possible

But you could argue weíre hurting on defense

Thereís a lot of tough decisions to be made lol

Well thatís the thing. They were all rookies, so he might. I mean if all 4 of those guys letís say that a step forward (not saying they will) you probably jump up to the 20th ranked WRs

Iíd love chase or smith

But Iíve seen it argued that pitts for example is a top 3 prospect, may be top 2

If we need weapons would be be the best bet? Idk

You could argue position doesnít matter, talent does. And with both goedert and pitts being hyper athletic could could really mess people up lol

But that would depend on reagor, Watkins, Hightower and fulgham developing to a point of competence which is to me highly possible

But you could argue weíre hurting on defense

Thereís a lot of tough decisions to be made lol
    Right and Iím not completely campaigning for pitts here but like I said, if chase and smith are off the board at the eagles pick and they want an offensive weapon, then I wouldnít be mad with pitts. Iím also cool with parsons or surtain or Farley. Lotta holes, lotta different ways to go about building the team back up.

Farley is an interesting name. They say that the reason cornerbacks are cornerbacks is because they canít catch the ball like a WR can but Farley was actually a WR at first in college. He could be developed into a nasty play maker for the eagles defense under Gannon.

And you could even argue something as simple as drafting a transcendent TE talent like pitts can suddenly slide everyone else into place. Like reagor, Watkins

If defenses are like holy crap pitts and goedert dominate the middle of the field

Then you have safeties having to help and reagor, Watkins (who I really like a lot), Hightower and fulgham may have one on one coverage constantly

Or if you take chase or smith you could argue that goedert can have free reign of the middle and sirianni can devise having reagor and chase/smith all over the place on offense doing all sorts of things

Or you could argue we need just one guy at LB to go with singleton to kind sure up that run defense and pass defense as parsons athletic ability likely does both (and maybe he becomes a future leader of the defense as well)

Or something Iíve thought about is our CB situation sucks. But if you drafted surtain or Farley suddenly Maddox and Leblanc slide back to where they belong in the nickel and with slay and either Farley or surtain suddenly with those guys back to where they belong you went from sucky CBs to actually really good there

Thatís why this is so tough.

And you could even argue something as simple as drafting a transcendent TE talent like pitts can suddenly slide everyone else into place. Like reagor, Watkins

If defenses are like holy crap pitts and goedert dominate the middle of the field

Then you have safeties having to help and reagor, Watkins (who I really like a lot), Hightower and fulgham may have one on one coverage constantly

Or if you take chase or smith you could argue that goedert can have free reign of the middle and sirianni can devise having reagor and chase/smith all over the place on offense doing all sorts of things

Or you could argue we need just one guy at LB to go with singleton to kind sure up that run defense and pass defense as parsons athletic ability likely does both (and maybe he becomes a future leader of the defense as well)

Or something Iíve thought about is our CB situation sucks. But if you drafted surtain or Farley suddenly Maddox and Leblanc slide back to where they belong in the nickel and with slay and either Farley or surtain suddenly with those guys back to where they belong you went from sucky CBs to actually really good there

Thatís why this is so tough.
    Right and thatís something to take into account that taking a guy with a top 10 pick will likely slot everybody down on the depth chart and because they move down a spot, their value would be higher as a #2 or for the CBs theyíd be moved down to a #3. Maddox and Leblanc both seemed to be better as a slot corner anyway.

I think thereís already a decent amount of young talent in the eagles WR group that has upside, canít really say the same with the secondary. Singleton is looking like a good linebacker but seems like he can be a liability in pass coverage. I wish Shaun Bradley and Davion Taylor got more reps because then weíd know if thereís something there or not. I do know both have made good plays with the small time theyíve been given but obviously more plays would give a chance to show more of what they can and canít do.

Dorsey is going to Detroit as senior personnel exec.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Dorsey is going to Detroit as senior personnel exec.

Came in here to comment on that.. damn man.. Dorsey is hit or miss, but howie is almost always miss.. I just want this year to be different, howie canít lead the draft process

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Came in here to comment on that.. damn man.. Dorsey is hit or miss, but howie is almost always miss.. I just want this year to be different, howie canít lead the draft process
    He will almost assuredly be doing just that, sadly.

I'm sad knowing Howie is in charge of the draft once again. I just don't have the confident or trust.

I'm NOT drafting a TE in the top 10 period

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    He will almost assuredly be doing just that, sadly.

Yeah...

Chase
    Smith
    Surtain

Receiver is who I want. His name is Ja'Marr Chase.

If we draft Pitts, Iím all in.

If we draft Pitts, Iím all in.

Page 33 of 58 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast