Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 86 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Ya Hakeem butler with Jason Michel the new TEs coach is worth watching. I mean they have identical physical profiles (butler and pitts) obviously thereís a talent disparity but I think if weíre talking TE I think developing butler and taking something else at 6 is smarter

Depending on who I listen to Iím convince of something different. But I can be happy with any of these players

Chase
    Smith
    Fields
    Lance
    Sewell

At 6

Trading back I can be happy with

Pitts
    Farley
    Surtain
    Parsons
    Waddle

Also very high on Eric stokes at 38

Whatís the story on Butler? Any chance he actually makes the team as the TE2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Whatís the story on Butler? Any chance he actually makes the team as the TE2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thereís a chance lol. How good of a chance I have no clue. I mean heís 6-5 and change and runs really well I believe he ran a 4.48 40. Which is actually faster than reagors 40 looool

His physical profile is kinda what we want outta pitts but the obvious difference comes in pitts route running, toughness, and talent level

But if you trust your coaches and you can develop butler into even 75% of what pitts can become thatís just better value in the long run

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    If howie trades back, adds a 2nd, and then selects one of the top 2 WRs or pitts, then Iíd say itís a great move by howie. I canít remember the last time I said that in the draft ďgreat move howieĒ. Usually itís ďwhat the **** are you thinking howieĒ
    Unfortunately for me it was the Sidney Jones pick. I was in love with him leading into the draft and it didn't pan out. Only other time I felt that way about an Eagles pick was Fletcher

Quote Originally Posted by abelugawhale View Post
    Unfortunately for me it was the Sidney Jones pick. I was in love with him leading into the draft and it didn't pan out. Only other time I felt that way about an Eagles pick was Fletcher
    That was high risk high reward type of move. He was considered by most to be a top 10 pick before the combine but a torn Achilles tends to create future injuries which has definitely been the case with Sidney. Personally, I donít like these kinds of picks. Itís way too risky. I feel like the risk to reward wasnít there in the 2nd. Maybe the 3rd, but not 2nd. Somebody woulda probably taken him somewhere in the 2nd though. Jaylon smith was a similar example that happened just the year before if I remember correctly, top 10 pick then got injured and cowboys took him in the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Is DJ Moore on the block?
    He's not BUT the Panthers will have to give up something to move up right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    He's not BUT the Panthers will have to give up something to move up right?
    Oh yeah for sure but I feel like thatís a lot. That kids a baller

2021 Draft Discussion

Been watching some Justin fields games. Bro.. heís starting to change my mind on him. He might actually be the fastest QB in the draft and his arm looks special. On one play he outran everyone into the end zone when he handed the ball off to his running back.

Justin fields has loads of potential, heís just got a lot of mechanical issues that a coach has to fix. Heís like Carson wentz or josh Allen in that if you bring him in and work with him, tighten his mechanics and really grind him he can realize his potential and become the best QB in this draft.

If he goes somewhere where their like oh heís great already, let him be him, he will stand no chance

He has to go somewhere where the they want to really groom and teach him. Even if they play him right away. He has to be coached up heavily

Zach Wilsonís my favorite but I do know lance and fields can both be far better. It boils down to who goes to what team and who gets coached up the best.

After watching the jalen hurts piece on YouTube that he did with nfl network before the draft last year thereís not chance in hell Iím drafting a QB lol. Iíve read before that his work ethic is unreal but seeing 30 min of him working and interviewing I think dude has all the ďitĒ factor and then some. Guy is jacked, squats 700lbs and cleans 300lbs. I just think his work ethic is worth betting on. I just donít see any chance he doesnít reach his full potential and become our franchise guy. He works way too hard.

And I laughed at the part where the scouts were talking about how much the ball shoots off his hands and the kind of arm strength he has and how itís actually a strength of his and that at the combine his throwing was comparable to all of the first round picks. And then you see him in games and he throws such a good ball

I just think this guy has all of it and more. Charisma, confidence, ridiculous work ethic. Roll with him and see what he has for a full season

Block for him, get him weapons. Guy has more potential than people (including me) want to give him credit for

With the amount of holes on this team, drafting a QB in the first round would, be in my mind, a major mistake. With holes/questions at CB, LB, DL, OL, WR those high draft picks would be better served on filling those holes.

The video I've been watching on Parsons I wouldn't be against them drafting Parsons with that first round pick. He's a major playmaker on the defense that they've been lacking since probably the Axe man....I know the Eagles don't value the position, but maybe it's time they did. They need a leader of that defense and I think Parsons could be that guy.

Kadarius Toney would be a WR I'd keep my eye on....If Howie decides to trade back or use the first on a different position I'd try to get Toney either in the 2nd or with a move back in the later first....He's another guy who can do alot of things with the ball in his hand...Howie brought in 3 receivers last season through the draft: Hightower, Watkins, and Reagor....I would hope that one of them takes a step forward next year. Fulgham is a nice receiver, but he's not a #1...he's a #2 or #3 receiver...as is, I think Reagor (for now)....

From there I'd look for Secondary and Linebackers....You have one LBer on this squad who's starter quality - Singleton....If Slay isn't traded you have one one good CB so you need someone to play opposite him and you need safety help (LeBlanc, Mills, Maddux - not a fan wouldn't be sad if they're released)....The DLine is fine so this season doesn't need a 1st or 2nd rounder pick used on it (maybe next season)...OL needs some help - not much but young backups who can improve.

I hope the eagles donít draft a QB in the first round but I fully expect them to.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    After watching the jalen hurts piece on YouTube that he did with nfl network before the draft last year thereís not chance in hell Iím drafting a QB lol. Iíve read before that his work ethic is unreal but seeing 30 min of him working and interviewing I think dude has all the ďitĒ factor and then some. Guy is jacked, squats 700lbs and cleans 300lbs. I just think his work ethic is worth betting on. I just donít see any chance he doesnít reach his full potential and become our franchise guy. He works way too hard.

And I laughed at the part where the scouts were talking about how much the ball shoots off his hands and the kind of arm strength he has and how itís actually a strength of his and that at the combine his throwing was comparable to all of the first round picks. And then you see him in games and he throws such a good ball

I just think this guy has all of it and more. Charisma, confidence, ridiculous work ethic. Roll with him and see what he has for a full season

Block for him, get him weapons. Guy has more potential than people (including me) want to give him credit for
    People have doubted him since high school. Heís gotta be hungry. When #6 is on the board, I hope itís a WR or a trade back.

Itís dumb as **** to give a QB 128mill one year, then draft a QB in the 2nd round the next year, then draft a QB with the #6 overall pick the next year. Thatís 3 years in a row the eagles have invested heavily in 3 different QBs, but this is howie logic: ďif at first it doesnít make any ****in sense, keep doing it...Ē

https://youtu.be/pc-QgQAvtOM

By the way is this the clip you are talking about last stand?

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post

Yup I've learned in sports never doubt the gym rats. That's why I'm going to just let the season play out.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Page 56 of 86 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast