Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 55 of 86 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I think trading back ultimately makes the most sense for where this teams at. If you can get into the 9-12 range whilst getting another 2nd or something you’re in business

Team needs bodies

And id argue that in the 9-12 range guys like waddle, pitts, Rousseau, paye will all be there

Would I rather have chase/smith or waddle and a 2nd

I think probably waddle and a 2nd tbh.

With 2 2s and 2 3s you can really start to get some guys in here or trade up if someone slips to the late 1st high 2nd
    I wouldn't. I wanted Waddle before the year and brought his name up in a thread before seeing his was projected top 10 after September.

But afyer watching this year and last I realized we can't take a Waddle over a Smith or Chase.

We drafted our Waddle in the first last year his names Jalen Reagor. We can't spend a first in back to back years drafting speedy guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

If Carolina or Denver come calling to move up to 6 and Pitts, Smith, Chase, are still on the board... do you move back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

2021 Draft Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I think trading back ultimately makes the most sense for where this teams at. If you can get into the 9-12 range whilst getting another 2nd or something you’re in business

Team needs bodies

And id argue that in the 9-12 range guys like waddle, pitts, Rousseau, paye will all be there

Would I rather have chase/smith or waddle and a 2nd

I think probably waddle and a 2nd tbh.

With 2 2s and 2 3s you can really start to get some guys in here or trade up if someone slips to the late 1st high 2nd
    Yeah trading back seems like the best idea but howie doesn’t think logically. I really sincerely believe he’s locked in on taking a QB in round 1 this year. Only question for me is whether he trades up for Wilson or stays at #6 and drafts trey lance.

Marc farzetta made a good point, he said that if the eagles don’t draft a QB at #6 and Jalen hurts plays bad this year, this is probably howie rosemans last year in philly. However, if he drafts a QB then it essentially buys howie a few years because he will be tied to that QB as well as Jalen hurts. Even if one fails and the other succeeds, howie is probably safe for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    If Carolina or Denver come calling to move up to 6 and Pitts, Smith, Chase, are still on the board... do you move back?

I would. Would howie? Ehhh..

If howie trades back, adds a 2nd, and then selects one of the top 2 WRs or pitts, then I’d say it’s a great move by howie. I can’t remember the last time I said that in the draft “great move howie”. Usually it’s “what the **** are you thinking howie”

Hell ya because one of the WRs would still be there because the team trading up probably would be for a QB.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Hell ya because one of the WRs would still be there because the team trading up probably would be for a QB.
    Pitts is a "No" for me. I just don't feel good about him tbh. Look, if the Panthers call and say, "We want to trade into your spot because we want such and such" that is not Smith or Chase and both are on the board, you make the move. You are still guaranteed one of those two guys. Detroit is likely going to take one of them in my opinion. I personally believe that the Texans are going to be sitting at that 8 spot and not Carolina. That pick may be part of the Deshaun Watson deal that evening. The question then becomes who will the Texans want...that would answer whether I would trade to Denver as well.

All of this being said, per the pt. value charts, it would be a gross overpayment for someone to move from 8 or 9 to 6 and throw in a 2nd. It's more likely going to be a 3rd.

6th pick = 1600 pts
    8th pick = 1400 pts
    9th pick = 1350 pts

Car 3rd = 225 pts
    Den 3rd = 235 pts

Their 2nds are 500 pts

I wouldn't. I wanted Waddle before the year and brought his name up in a thread before seeing his was projected top 10 after September.

But afyer watching this year and last I realized we can't take a Waddle over a Smith or Chase.

We drafted our Waddle in the first last year his names Jalen Reagor. We can't spend a first in back to back years drafting speedy guys.
    Same reason why I don't want Waddle.

Perfect Storm

Dream trade.

Carolina get #6 pick and JJAW

Eagles get #8 and DJ Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Dream trade.

And then pitts falls to 8? Lol. Or chase.
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Yeah I’d probably not trade back further than the 9th pick if they are set on one of these WR.

I’ll say that Pitts falling to Dallas (not sure if they’d go to him or defense) would be pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Pitts is a "No" for me. I just don't feel good about him tbh. Look, if the Panthers call and say, "We want to trade into your spot because we want such and such" that is not Smith or Chase and both are on the board, you make the move. You are still guaranteed one of those two guys. Detroit is likely going to take one of them in my opinion. I personally believe that the Texans are going to be sitting at that 8 spot and not Carolina. That pick may be part of the Deshaun Watson deal that evening. The question then becomes who will the Texans want...that would answer whether I would trade to Denver as well.

All of this being said, per the pt. value charts, it would be a gross overpayment for someone to move from 8 or 9 to 6 and throw in a 2nd. It's more likely going to be a 3rd.

6th pick = 1600 pts
    8th pick = 1400 pts
    9th pick = 1350 pts

Car 3rd = 225 pts
    Den 3rd = 235 pts

Their 2nds are 500 pts
    This is true about the draft value chart, that being said teams will get desperate after the 3rd QB comes off the board (which might happen at pick #4 or #5 in event of a trade). Plus, if teams want to trade up for a QB, they have to pay a premium because they will have to beat out other teams offers. Throwing in a 3rd round pick that barely makes up the value of the 6th overall pick probably won’t cut it. Why would the eagles take that deal? If a team wants to trade up, they will have to make it worth it to the eagles. Maybe not a 2nd in 2021, but definitely more than a 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Dream trade.

Is DJ Moore on the block?

I think Pitts is an incredible talent and likely mismatch player in the long run. He's similar to Marques Colston, expect that he's a much better prospect that has a body to stick on the TE position.

My problem with taking someone like Pitts is that we all saw what happened to Goedert these past two seasons. A highly talented young player who was probably all set to walk into that starting role after his rookie season. Not that his production was terrible by any means, but we didn't get to fully utilize him because of Zach Ertz.

Zach Ertz | 90% of the snaps with 29.8% in the slot
    Dallas Goedert | 69.3% of snaps with 21.5% in the slot (2020 led to 80% snap share in 11 GMs)

If we're taking a WR/TE in the top 10 then he better be someone who can grab you 1,250 + 7 TDs fairly regularly. Is Pitts able to do that with Goedert in town? We already have utilized the tight end position more than most teams the past few seasons so I can't really imagine that much of an increase with that.

Just not sure Ertz / Goedert were ever able to really 90-100% coexist production wise

I'm also cautiously optimistic about Hakeem Butler moving to the TE position. He has the long speed, athleticism, and frame to absolutely be a force, but he didn't have the short area quickness to stick at receiver. He's the perfect guy you build up behind Goedert -- hoping that he becomes another receiving threat even 1/3 as talented as Darren Waller.

Going to end this by saying...I do love me some Pitts

Page 55 of 86 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast