Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 80 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2037
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    They got pretty good value in the trade. There will be very good players still available at #12 and next year everyone will love having the Miami pick
    Laughable that people think, you get firsts in trade backs very often. That year Bills moved up 5 spots to draft Josh Allen they onky gave up 2 2nds and 3ven got a late round pick back.
    We got a damn first and an upgrade from the 5th to the 4th round. Thats Hella good.

Even if Pitts and 3 WRs go in front of us there's still 5 QBs going no matter what. That leaves CBs and elite OL potentially for us. We're sitting really pretty and I'll still do the trade 10 times out of 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Laughable that people think, you get firsts in trade backs very often. That year Bills moved up 5 spots to draft Josh Allen they onky gave up 2 2nds and 3ven got a late round pick back.
    We got a damn first and an upgrade from the 5th to the 4th round. Thats Hella good.

Even if Pitts and 3 WRs go in front of us there's still 5 QBs going no matter what. That leaves CBs and elite OL potentially for us. We're sitting really pretty and I'll still do the trade 10 times out of 10.
    While I agree with this, I think you still give up that 3rd rounder (probably the colts 3rd) to jump up to 8 or 9 if someone we really want is there. You do that to jump the Cowboys and Giants to make sure you don't have to watch 'your guy' tear it up in your division for the next 7-10 years. I get what you're saying, but I don't think anyone is complaining about the return here...unless I missed that. I mean, we can be sad that Chase and Pitts won't be in an Eagles uni and think the return is nice right now. That said, I think the Eagles know that Cincy might be going for Chase and ATL will grab Pitts or something like that, which is why they went ahead and traded out of their spot.

Just to appease you and to draft your man crush we should do something dumb and mortgage the good assets were building for the future? Gotchu
    Sure

Schefter said with confidence that he believes the 49ers will take Mac Jones at 3. Makes sense for the Falcons to trade down to a team that wants either Justin Fields or Trey Lance.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    While I agree with this, I think you still give up that 3rd rounder (probably the colts 3rd) to jump up to 8 or 9 if someone we really want is there. You do that to jump the Cowboys and Giants to make sure you don't have to watch 'your guy' tear it up in your division for the next 7-10 years. I get what you're saying, but I don't think anyone is complaining about the return here...unless I missed that. I mean, we can be sad that Chase and Pitts won't be in an Eagles uni and think the return is nice right now. That said, I think the Eagles know that Cincy might be going for Chase and ATL will grab Pitts or something like that, which is why they went ahead and traded out of their spot.
    Who is "your guy". The Eagles wouldn't trade down that far if they didn't have a plethora of guys rated the same.

Last I checked the only can't miss talent in this draft is Trevor Lawrence. For the past 2 and a half years, everyone waited for his draft year because they knew he'd be a franchise altering talent.

Everyone else in this draft will have a clone in the next draft and the draft after that but Trevor Lawrence's don't grow on trees.
    That's not to say there aren't players who can become generational too in other picks of the draft, but the Eagles probably feel that Chase, Pitts, Smith, Horn, Surtain aren't incredibly far apart from on3 another.

The Cowboys or Giants can take those guys if they want, doesn't scare our FO one bit. In fact let the Cowboys draft offense, everytime they score we will go back down the field with ease and score too. Atleast our defense will be capable of creating a stop.
    Last edited by Eagles4Lyfe; 04-07-2021 at 10:52 AM.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Schefter said with confidence that he believes the 49ers will take Mac Jones at 3. Makes sense for the Falcons to trade down to a team that wants either Justin Fields or Trey Lance.
    Good job by Niners FO. Hope it works out for them.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

I kind of want Surtain or Horn, guys.

#24ever

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    I kind of want Surtain or Horn, guys.
    Iím cool with that. The eagles have been talking to a lot of late 1st/2nd round WRs so that may be their preference too depending on whoís there at #12

All signs point to Mac Jones

The Shannahan's have had a ton of similar players -- Brian Griese, Jake Plummer, Matt Schaub, Matt Ryan, Kirk Cousins, etc

It'll be real telling for me if they pass on Lance for Jones in that the former was supposed to have the most experience at the line of scrimmage. The 49ers want a pocket passer who can read the defense and facilitate the offense enough to get that monster zone run blocking scheme churning.

I think we're a lock for Lawrence - Wilson - Jones -- but I could definitely see 1 of Fields/Lance falling past 12.

2021 Draft Discussion

I just donít see him as being special. He had a heisman trophy winner to throw to in devonta smith and according to ďeverybodyĒ, smith wasnít even the best Alabama WR. Before waddle got hurt, waddle was the guy. Oh and Alabama also had the best RB in the country, a very good OL and elite defense..lmao

I just think teams should be cautious with QBs in these kinda situations. Mac Jones doesnít have any traits that stand out. Was he a product of a system or is he really an elite talent? I think heís just a product of the system but hey maybe thatís just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    All signs point to Mac Jones

The Shannahan's have had a ton of similar players -- Brian Griese, Jake Plummer, Matt Schaub, Matt Ryan, Kirk Cousins, etc

It'll be real telling for me if they pass on Lance for Jones in that the former was supposed to have the most experience at the line of scrimmage. The 49ers want a pocket passer who can read the defense and facilitate the offense enough to get that monster zone run blocking scheme churning.

I think we're a lock for Lawrence - Wilson - Jones -- but I could definitely see 1 of Fields/Lance falling past 12.
    I donít think fields or lance falls past Denver at #9 but if they do I kinda expect the patriots to trade up with the cowboys at #10. They probably donít want to leave a QB on the board at #12 and hope that the eagles wonít take him. Dallas and New York are unlikely to take a QB so they could be trade partners with the pats.

Iím cool with that. The eagles have been talking to a lot of late 1st/2nd round WRs so that may be their preference too depending on whoís there at #12
    I've been starting to really think they don't have WR on the radar at 12 as much as the fans have wanted them to.

Just have spent a lot of capital on the position lately without a ton of results. Have other major needs and we often build from the trenches outwards.

We saw the receiver market was a little suppressed this year and with another talented receiver draft class incoming we could sign some talent next year to fill that void.

I'd give about anything to sign Chris Godwin..

I donít think fields or lance falls past Denver at #9 but if they do I kinda expect the patriots to trade up with the cowboys at #10. They probably donít want to leave a QB on the board at #12 and hope that the eagles wonít take him. Dallas and New York are unlikely to take a QB so they could be trade partners with the pats.
    Dallas could have their shot at one of the best defensive players or offensive lineman at 10. They need depth on the defense so I definitely could see them trading down...but we're talking about Jerry Jones with shiny new toys. The Giants need a premium offensive lineman, Slater? They have a GM who almost never ever moves down either.

I see us as a trade up spot for one of those quarterbacks

Broncos (9), Vikings (14), Patriots (15), Raiders (17), and Washington Football Team (19) are all in the market for a QB

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    Dallas could have their shot at one of the best defensive players or offensive lineman at 10. They need depth on the defense so I definitely could see them trading down...but we're talking about Jerry Jones with shiny new toys. The Giants need a premium offensive lineman, Slater? They have a GM who almost never ever moves down either.

I see us as a trade up spot for one of those quarterbacks

Broncos (9), Vikings (14), Patriots (15), Raiders (17), and Washington Football Team (19) are all in the market for a QB
    Don't forget saints, steelers, bears
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Yeah and I think there's no way we use all 11 of our picks. We'll be trading up for who we want. The more I process, the more I'm thinking we go corner to put someone opposite of Slay (we still have not signed a corner at all). And go with a receiver later. I would love Terrace Marshall with our second pick.

#24ever