Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 90 of 135 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2022
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Well that’s why I say if they had the balls

I know they’ll go Jason oweh or Jalen Phillips

But in reality if everyone is gone I’m taking Farley. Highest ceiling
    Wait you have No issues with Farley at 12?

If the Eagles were able to land Surtain/Horn at 12.....and Farley is still on the board in the 20's....would you make a deal to go up and get him? Giving us, possibly, 3 legit CBs in our suddenly WR heavy division? I know the Eagles are going more of a zone type defense so there may not be a need for all three....or do you stick with 37 and wait to see if a WR (like Marshall) is still available?

Quote Originally Posted by SportsNutMike View Post
    If the Eagles were able to land Surtain/Horn at 12.....and Farley is still on the board in the 20's....would you make a deal to go up and get him? Giving us, possibly, 3 legit CBs in our suddenly WR heavy division? I know the Eagles are going more of a zone type defense so there may not be a need for all three....or do you stick with 37 and wait to see if a WR (like Marshall) is still available?
    If it's me my question would be is someone like Bateman, or Bolton still on the board. I think Avonte Maddox is fine for playing in the slot. Could look at someone like Marshall at 37, or Cox, but not sure if I'd personally double dip on CB like that

Quote Originally Posted by abelugawhale View Post
    If it's me my question would be is someone like Bateman, or Bolton still on the board. I think Avonte Maddox is fine for playing in the slot. Could look at someone like Marshall at 37, or Cox, but not sure if I'd personally double dip on CB like that
    I'll take a defensive end truthfully over Surtain. Horn is the only first round CB that interests me personally. I don't like Surtain at all and would be kinda sad if we took him. I hope the Cowboys take Surtain.

However I love trading back into the first or top of 2nd. The Jags have 5 or 6 picks I believe in the first 3 rounds.

Bolton or Cox would be nice but so will Richie Grant, Dylan Moses, Meinerz. Soo many great guys available in rounds 2 and 3 which is why I don't want to give one of those picks up.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by urban85disciple View Post
    I'd be fine with Slater at this point.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I think he’d be a very good pick actually. Not a sexy pick but one that will help the eagles for years

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Wait you have No issues with Farley at 12?
    A lot of people considered Farley to be the #1 cb in this draft till his back injury showed up. If it’s an injury that isn’t too concerning then I’d be cool with him there at #12

Quote Originally Posted by SportsNutMike View Post
    I like the combo of taking a WR at #12 and then trading up for Farley. Fills two huge holes in the 1st round

Farley gives me Sydney Jones vibes.
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Quote Originally Posted by philsphan123 View Post
    Yupppppp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by philsphan123 View Post
    Farley tore his ACL in 2017. Too many red flags.

I'll take a defensive end truthfully over Surtain. Horn is the only first round CB that interests me personally. I don't like Surtain at all and would be kinda sad if we took him. I hope the Cowboys take Surtain.

However I love trading back into the first or top of 2nd. The Jags have 5 or 6 picks I believe in the first 3 rounds.

Bolton or Cox would be nice but so will Richie Grant, Dylan Moses, Meinerz. Soo many great guys available in rounds 2 and 3 which is why I don't want to give one of those picks up.
    I agree that personally I have Horn is the #1 CB in the class by a pretty large margin as well. He has everything a shutdown CB needs and from what I hear lots of current CBs absolutely love his game. Rashawn Slater I'm fine taking at 12 if available, I think from a technical standpoint he's even better than Sewell in my mind. Out of the WR I like DeVonta Smith at 12 a lot, Waddle isn't my 1st pick, but I think he definitely helps the team (he just reminds me of what Reagor was supposed to be). Dylan Moses I at least had a huge draft crush on many months ago, haven't been following him as closely lately.

My concerns at defensive end in this class were Kwity Paye is a specimen, but didn't have a lot of production. Rousseau I don't see enough to get excited about. Jaelan Phillips is an incredibly great player, but he has severe medical red flags that I can't get past
    Last edited by abelugawhale; 04-22-2021 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by abelugawhale View Post
    I agree that personally I have Horn is the #1 CB in the class by a pretty large margin as well. He has everything a shutdown CB needs and from what I hear lots of current CBs absolutely love his game. Rashawn Slater I'm fine taking at 12 if available, I think from a technical standpoint he's even better than Sewell in my mind. Out of the WR I like DeVonta Smith at 12 a lot, Waddle isn't my 1st pick, but I think he definitely helps the team (he just reminds me of what Reagor was supposed to be). Dylan Moses I at least had a huge draft crush on many months ago, haven't been following him as closely lately.

My concerns at defensive end in this class were Kwity Paye is a specimen, but didn't have a lot of production. Rousseau I don't see enough to get excited about. Jaelan Phillips is an incredibly great player, but he has severe medical red flags that I can't get past
    Yup plus he already quit once because of his injuries so Phillips in the first round will be a major scare.
    The more I read and watch Barmore, the more I'm impressed.
    Horns been my number 1 from the beginning and the funniest part is Smith is the only receiver to go for 60 yards receiving on him. Smith ate Horn that game btw, flipped him inside out and around it was incredible to watch.

Smiths resume against top CB prospects is just too impressive to pass up if he's there IMO. Whoever gets him is going to be extremely happy and for a change I hope it's us.

Also Surtain wasn't even a lock down corner in college but in the NFL he's going to miraculously become that? I don't believe that.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Roseman can’t please everyone. But recent results have been subpar, and to some Eagles scouts, the primary reason has been the GM’s indifference to the boards Weidl, and before him Douglas, put together with assistance from their staff after months of assessing and living with the prospects. “It would always frustrate the guys,” a member of the personnel department said recently, “because we’re sitting here in meetings, watching tape, grinding it out, talking about players, and [scouts] are out for months away from their families, and then Howie walks in with his top 50 no matter what our board says. “And that’s obviously what happened last year.” What happened last year has been well established through prior reporting by The Inquirer. Roseman drafted wide receiver Jalen Reagor and quarterback Jalen Hurts with the first two picks when, based upon Weidl’s board, receiver Justin Jefferson and safety Jeremy Chinn would have been the selections, according to Eagles sources.
    Howie is such a pos. Scouts board said to draft Justin Jefferson and Jeremy Chinn and he used his top 50 board instead.

That's a slap to the face of your scouting department, make them do all the work and ignore it 100%. Guess it's a good thing everything was remote last year because if I was a scout and did that I'd quit on the spot and tell Howie to shove his list up his you know what

What I took from that article is that Roseman and Lurie play their own little game with this team. Don't really understand the hiring of a scouting staff if the GM and Owner know more then anyone in the draft room?

I hope the video of Minnesota LAUGHING at the Eagles last year in the first round wakes him and Lurie up....or maybe the damning article of the team culture will wake them up. I doubt it, but we'll see next week.

Page 90 of 135 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast