Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 85 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2018
  1. #1261
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Scouts believe Marshall is best suited to play on the outside even though he has success in the slot. I like Terrace Marshall over Bateman. That's just me.
    See thatís what Iíve read as well and I think it just fits the eagles roster pretty well because reagor might be best suited in the slot.

  2. #1262
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,005
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...er-report/amp/

    These rumors wonít go away. The fact that we keep hearing about it makes me think they actually wonít do it. Howie likes to send out all kinds of smokescreens and this one seems like a juicy opportunity for him to throw out some smoke.

  3. #1263
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,134
    Oh Boy this is ugly.

    Philadelphia Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie and general manager Howie Roseman "ridiculed and criticized" every decision former head coach Doug Pederson made, a source told Sheil Kapadia, Bo Wulf, and Zach Berman of The Athletic.

    The former Eagles head coach was brought in for weekly meetings. During those sessions, the Eagles' top lieutenants criticized his in-game decisions, and the outcome of the previous contest didn't matter. Pederson was treated "like a baby," a source told The Athletic.

    "If you won by three, it wasnít enough. If you lost on a last-second field goal, youíre the worst coach in history," The Athletic's source said.

    The Eagles fired Pederson after a 4-11-1 showing in 2020, but his tenure was very close to ending the year prior as well.

    Lurie demanded his head coach fire former offensive coordinator Mike Groh and wide receivers coach Carson Walch following the 2019 season, an order Pederson fought against. Pederson was then given a 24-hour window to terminate his coaches or be fired himself, The Athletic adds. Groh and Walch were dismissed the following day.

    Members of the Eagles organization believed Lurie was planting the seeds for Pederson's dismissal in 2017 too, The Athletic notes. The executive met for a long time with former defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz before the season opener, leading some to feel Lurie was grooming the coordinator to take over if Pederson struggled out of the gate. The Eagles went on to win the Super Bowl in 2017 after a 13-3 campaign.

    Philadelphia's brass also often wasn't united on personnel decisions. Lurie is an "active participant" in the pre-draft process, while Roseman influenced the gameday status of players and playing time, according to The Athletic. The Eagles have been questioned about their personnel decisions after drafting Jalen Reagor, Jalen Hurts, and J.J. Arcega-Whiteside in recent years.

    The team brought in Nick Sirianni to replace Pederson, and Hurts is expected to become the full-time starting quarterback following the Carson Wentz trade.

  4. #1264
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,310
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    See thatís what Iíve read as well and I think it just fits the eagles roster pretty well because reagor might be best suited in the slot.
    Same for me. I always thought Reagor is best suited for the slot. More reason why I hated the pick over Jefferson LOL.

  5. #1265
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,005
    Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    Oh Boy this is ugly.
    Itís sad. I hope they donít do that with sirianni

  6. #1266
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,310
    Mel Kiper latest mock for the Eagles.

    12. Patrick Surtain
    37. Nick Bolton

  7. #1267
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    358
    I like Mel Kiper's thinkin...

  8. #1268
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Mel Kiper latest mock for the Eagles.

    12. Patrick Surtain
    37. Nick Bolton
    And horn was on the board but eagles still took surtain. Interesting. Iím cool with doubling up on defense in the first 2 rounds but I gotta feeling itíll be CB/WR or WR/CB/LB. I think WR somewhere in the first 2 rounds, sirianni is a WR guy so I feel like howie is gonna let him get a shiny new WR that he can mold himself into the next great NFL WR.

  9. #1269
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,005

    2021 Draft Discussion

    There was a trade proposal by an eagles beat writer (not a trade rumor) but it was:

    Eagles trade: Zach ertz and #37

    Bills trade: #30

    I like the idea of this trade because it makes it so that howie doesnít have to trade too much draft capital to move back into the 1st round if he wants to. The difference between #37 and #30 is the equivalent of like an early 4th round draft pick which is around what ertz should be valued at. The eagles may also have to top it off with a 5th or 6th or something if this or a similar trade happens but I like the idea of the overall trade.

  10. #1270
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,997
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    There was a trade proposal by an eagles beat writer (not a trade rumor) but it was:

    Eagles trade: Zach ertz and #37

    Bills trade: #30

    I like the idea of this trade because it makes it so that howie doesnít have to trade too much draft capital to move back into the 1st round if he wants to. The difference between #37 and #30 is the equivalent of like an early 4th round draft pick which is around what ertz should be valued at. The eagles may also have to top it off with a 5th or 6th or something if this or a similar trade happens but I like the idea of the overall trade.
    I think that's a great trade.

    #24ever

  11. #1271
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    35,385
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    What reports are saying heís a 1 trick pony? Thatís interesting to me. He played primarily on the outside in 2019 and primarily in the slot in 2020. Thatís almost like 2 different positions and he excelled at both. Yeah, maybe route running needs some work but thatís something I feel like sirianni and his coaches can definitely help with. Attention to detail with WR routes is his specialty. Also not sure Iíd compare him to John hightower since Marshall is a more physical player and makes more contested catches. Iíd say Marshall is much more of a 50/50 WR than hightower. According to PFF, Marshall has caught the highest percentage of contested balls in college football in the 2020 season.

    Anyway, who do you like as a 2nd-3rd round guy?
    I cant copy and paste stuff because I always post from my phone but look at Daniel Jeremiah's write up of him and listen to Craig cosell on his twitter. That's just two examples.

    Also playing slot or outside doesn't mean you can't be a one trick pony.

    Again I'm going based of what's collectively being said about him. He has the potential if groomed to potentially become solid WR2 according to Pauline.

    They all say he has potential if he puts it together, but he seems to have the same questions I remember hearing about Reagor, how he lacked focus and had drops.

    He's only an inch and 15 pounds heavier than Hightower currently.
    Hightower also was seen as a vertical threat that needed to refine his routes and work on his ability to uncover against press, which is practically what I'm similarly reading about Marshall.

    Basically the point I'm trying to make is he's raw and needs a lot of work to his game. Sirrianni can be a great WR developer but it doesn't happen over night or right away in year 1. Hurts needs help now and more refined players now not raw players. We still need to see what can be made of the other raw players we drafted last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

    Homerism at its finest

  12. #1272
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    35,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    I think that's a great trade.
    Didn't Bills sign a tight end already?I thought they did
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

    Homerism at its finest

  13. #1273
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    42,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Didn't Bills sign a tight end already?I thought they did
    Like a depth guy.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  14. #1274
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,005

    2021 Draft Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    I cant copy and paste stuff because I always post from my phone but look at Daniel Jeremiah's write up of him and listen to Craig cosell on his twitter. That's just two examples.

    Also playing slot or outside doesn't mean you can't be a one trick pony.

    Again I'm going based of what's collectively being said about him. He has the potential if groomed to potentially become solid WR2 according to Pauline.

    They all say he has potential if he puts it together, but he seems to have the same questions I remember hearing about Reagor, how he lacked focus and had drops.

    He's only an inch and 15 pounds heavier than Hightower currently.
    Hightower also was seen as a vertical threat that needed to refine his routes and work on his ability to uncover against press, which is practically what I'm similarly reading about Marshall.

    Basically the point I'm trying to make is he's raw and needs a lot of work to his game. Sirrianni can be a great WR developer but it doesn't happen over night or right away in year 1. Hurts needs help now and more refined players now not raw players. We still need to see what can be made of the other raw players we drafted last year.
    I checked out what Daniel Jeremiah and Greg cosell said about terrace Marshall, both like him.

    I guess I just donít understand what 1 trick pony means. I interpret it as somebody that is only good at one thing but Marshall is fast, he was the #1 50/50 WR in college football last year, he has long arms and a big frame and a very good vertical so heís very good at high pointing a football, he can be successful in the slot, he can be successful outside (supposedly better outside which might fit the eagles pretty well).

    Yeah he might have some route issues (or might not). Usually LSU WRs are good route runners and again, thatís something sirianni can help with if it is an issue. Most rookies come in with weaknesses, you arenít gonna get a rookie without flaws unless a team drafts a generational talent. This is a 2nd round WR so itís not surprising that he might have some flaws.

    Itís also not like he needs to shine right away anyway. The eagles will likely take a few years to rebuild. Heís 20, not like heís an old prospect that needs to contribute immediately to be considered a good pick.

    Oh and I think the height/weight thing is a little bit overrated. Randy moss was 1 inch taller and 5 pounds heavier than terrace Marshall but I donít think that necessarily means anything about Marshall since they have a similar body.

  15. #1275
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    I cant copy and paste stuff because I always post from my phone but look at Daniel Jeremiah's write up of him and listen to Craig cosell on his twitter. That's just two examples.

    Also playing slot or outside doesn't mean you can't be a one trick pony.

    Again I'm going based of what's collectively being said about him. He has the potential if groomed to potentially become solid WR2 according to Pauline.

    They all say he has potential if he puts it together, but he seems to have the same questions I remember hearing about Reagor, how he lacked focus and had drops.

    He's only an inch and 15 pounds heavier than Hightower currently.
    Hightower also was seen as a vertical threat that needed to refine his routes and work on his ability to uncover against press, which is practically what I'm similarly reading about Marshall.

    Basically the point I'm trying to make is he's raw and needs a lot of work to his game. Sirrianni can be a great WR developer but it doesn't happen over night or right away in year 1. Hurts needs help now and more refined players now not raw players. We still need to see what can be made of the other raw players we drafted last year.
    I think we just disagree about this which is fine. But anyway, who do you like as a 2nd/3rd round WR? I mentioned Marshall as an option if the eagles go CB at #12. Personally I would love horn/surtain at #12 and Marshall at #37.

Page 85 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •