Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 85 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Scouts believe Marshall is best suited to play on the outside even though he has success in the slot. I like Terrace Marshall over Bateman. That's just me.
    See thatís what Iíve read as well and I think it just fits the eagles roster pretty well because reagor might be best suited in the slot.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...er-report/amp/

These rumors wonít go away. The fact that we keep hearing about it makes me think they actually wonít do it. Howie likes to send out all kinds of smokescreens and this one seems like a juicy opportunity for him to throw out some smoke.

Oh Boy this is ugly.

Philadelphia Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie and general manager Howie Roseman "ridiculed and criticized" every decision former head coach Doug Pederson made, a source told Sheil Kapadia, Bo Wulf, and Zach Berman of The Athletic.

The former Eagles head coach was brought in for weekly meetings. During those sessions, the Eagles' top lieutenants criticized his in-game decisions, and the outcome of the previous contest didn't matter. Pederson was treated "like a baby," a source told The Athletic.

"If you won by three, it wasnít enough. If you lost on a last-second field goal, youíre the worst coach in history," The Athletic's source said.

The Eagles fired Pederson after a 4-11-1 showing in 2020, but his tenure was very close to ending the year prior as well.

Lurie demanded his head coach fire former offensive coordinator Mike Groh and wide receivers coach Carson Walch following the 2019 season, an order Pederson fought against. Pederson was then given a 24-hour window to terminate his coaches or be fired himself, The Athletic adds. Groh and Walch were dismissed the following day.

Members of the Eagles organization believed Lurie was planting the seeds for Pederson's dismissal in 2017 too, The Athletic notes. The executive met for a long time with former defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz before the season opener, leading some to feel Lurie was grooming the coordinator to take over if Pederson struggled out of the gate. The Eagles went on to win the Super Bowl in 2017 after a 13-3 campaign.

Philadelphia's brass also often wasn't united on personnel decisions. Lurie is an "active participant" in the pre-draft process, while Roseman influenced the gameday status of players and playing time, according to The Athletic. The Eagles have been questioned about their personnel decisions after drafting Jalen Reagor, Jalen Hurts, and J.J. Arcega-Whiteside in recent years.

The team brought in Nick Sirianni to replace Pederson, and Hurts is expected to become the full-time starting quarterback following the Carson Wentz trade.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    See thatís what Iíve read as well and I think it just fits the eagles roster pretty well because reagor might be best suited in the slot.
    Same for me. I always thought Reagor is best suited for the slot. More reason why I hated the pick over Jefferson LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    Oh Boy this is ugly.
    Itís sad. I hope they donít do that with sirianni

Mel Kiper latest mock for the Eagles.

12. Patrick Surtain
    37. Nick Bolton

I like Mel Kiper's thinkin...

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Mel Kiper latest mock for the Eagles.

12. Patrick Surtain
    37. Nick Bolton
    And horn was on the board but eagles still took surtain. Interesting. Iím cool with doubling up on defense in the first 2 rounds but I gotta feeling itíll be CB/WR or WR/CB/LB. I think WR somewhere in the first 2 rounds, sirianni is a WR guy so I feel like howie is gonna let him get a shiny new WR that he can mold himself into the next great NFL WR.

2021 Draft Discussion

There was a trade proposal by an eagles beat writer (not a trade rumor) but it was:

Eagles trade: Zach ertz and #37

Bills trade: #30

I like the idea of this trade because it makes it so that howie doesnít have to trade too much draft capital to move back into the 1st round if he wants to. The difference between #37 and #30 is the equivalent of like an early 4th round draft pick which is around what ertz should be valued at. The eagles may also have to top it off with a 5th or 6th or something if this or a similar trade happens but I like the idea of the overall trade.

There was a trade proposal by an eagles beat writer (not a trade rumor) but it was:

Eagles trade: Zach ertz and #37

Bills trade: #30

I like the idea of this trade because it makes it so that howie doesnít have to trade too much draft capital to move back into the 1st round if he wants to. The difference between #37 and #30 is the equivalent of like an early 4th round draft pick which is around what ertz should be valued at. The eagles may also have to top it off with a 5th or 6th or something if this or a similar trade happens but I like the idea of the overall trade.
    I think that's a great trade.

#24ever

What reports are saying heís a 1 trick pony? Thatís interesting to me. He played primarily on the outside in 2019 and primarily in the slot in 2020. Thatís almost like 2 different positions and he excelled at both. Yeah, maybe route running needs some work but thatís something I feel like sirianni and his coaches can definitely help with. Attention to detail with WR routes is his specialty. Also not sure Iíd compare him to John hightower since Marshall is a more physical player and makes more contested catches. Iíd say Marshall is much more of a 50/50 WR than hightower. According to PFF, Marshall has caught the highest percentage of contested balls in college football in the 2020 season.

Anyway, who do you like as a 2nd-3rd round guy?
    I cant copy and paste stuff because I always post from my phone but look at Daniel Jeremiah's write up of him and listen to Craig cosell on his twitter. That's just two examples.

Also playing slot or outside doesn't mean you can't be a one trick pony.

Again I'm going based of what's collectively being said about him. He has the potential if groomed to potentially become solid WR2 according to Pauline.

They all say he has potential if he puts it together, but he seems to have the same questions I remember hearing about Reagor, how he lacked focus and had drops.

He's only an inch and 15 pounds heavier than Hightower currently.
    Hightower also was seen as a vertical threat that needed to refine his routes and work on his ability to uncover against press, which is practically what I'm similarly reading about Marshall.

Basically the point I'm trying to make is he's raw and needs a lot of work to his game. Sirrianni can be a great WR developer but it doesn't happen over night or right away in year 1. Hurts needs help now and more refined players now not raw players. We still need to see what can be made of the other raw players we drafted last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    I think that's a great trade.
    Didn't Bills sign a tight end already?I thought they did
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Didn't Bills sign a tight end already?I thought they did
    Like a depth guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

2021 Draft Discussion

I cant copy and paste stuff because I always post from my phone but look at Daniel Jeremiah's write up of him and listen to Craig cosell on his twitter. That's just two examples.

Again I'm going based of what's collectively being said about him. He has the potential if groomed to potentially become solid WR2 according to Pauline.

They all say he has potential if he puts it together, but he seems to have the same questions I remember hearing about Reagor, how he lacked focus and had drops.

Hightower also was seen as a vertical threat that needed to refine his routes and work on his ability to uncover against press, which is practically what I'm similarly reading about Marshall.

Basically the point I'm trying to make is he's raw and needs a lot of work to his game. Sirrianni can be a great WR developer but it doesn't happen over night or right away in year 1. Hurts needs help now and more refined players now not raw players. We still need to see what can be made of the other raw players we drafted last year.
    I checked out what Daniel Jeremiah and Greg cosell said about terrace Marshall, both like him.

I guess I just donít understand what 1 trick pony means. I interpret it as somebody that is only good at one thing but Marshall is fast, he was the #1 50/50 WR in college football last year, he has long arms and a big frame and a very good vertical so heís very good at high pointing a football, he can be successful in the slot, he can be successful outside (supposedly better outside which might fit the eagles pretty well).

Yeah he might have some route issues (or might not). Usually LSU WRs are good route runners and again, thatís something sirianni can help with if it is an issue. Most rookies come in with weaknesses, you arenít gonna get a rookie without flaws unless a team drafts a generational talent. This is a 2nd round WR so itís not surprising that he might have some flaws.

Itís also not like he needs to shine right away anyway. The eagles will likely take a few years to rebuild. Heís 20, not like heís an old prospect that needs to contribute immediately to be considered a good pick.

Oh and I think the height/weight thing is a little bit overrated. Randy moss was 1 inch taller and 5 pounds heavier than terrace Marshall but I donít think that necessarily means anything about Marshall since they have a similar body.

I think we just disagree about this which is fine. But anyway, who do you like as a 2nd/3rd round WR? I mentioned Marshall as an option if the eagles go CB at #12. Personally I would love horn/surtain at #12 and Marshall at #37.

Page 85 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast