Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 82 of 85 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1267
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Well going the same as 2002 but I guess you’d have to switch S for the second round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The colts also apparently never made a big signing or drafted a secondary player in his 3 years as the colts DB coach and he made that unit into a really solid group.

It's really tough to gouge, you can make an argument for CB or WR but of course with that said we will probably go DE or something that'll throw us all for a loop.

Aside from Wentz, weve never had a feeling on who the heck they'll take in the first round. I know they were going to take Sidney Jones that year we took Barnett until Jones got hurt.

But Howie the past couple years has repeatedly said in different interviews how the leagues become a passing league and it's a need to have multiple good versatile corners.
    Like last stand said with the hints Caplan has been indirectly dropping, I'm thinking CB and wouldn't mind it.

But it also would suck not giving Hurts any weapons because then the kids not really getting a fair shake.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Let’s go 2002 draft all over again!
    Horn/surtain
    Samuel jr
    Safety
    RB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I favor Eric Stokes slightly over Asante Samuel Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    I favor Eric Stokes slightly over Asante Samuel Jr.
    Not if you’ve taken surtain or horn in the first

Asante is gonna be a monster covering slot and running backs

The colts also apparently never made a big signing or drafted a secondary player in his 3 years as the colts DB coach and he made that unit into a really solid group.

It's really tough to gouge, you can make an argument for CB or WR but of course with that said we will probably go DE or something that'll throw us all for a loop.

Aside from Wentz, weve never had a feeling on who the heck they'll take in the first round. I know they were going to take Sidney Jones that year we took Barnett until Jones got hurt.

But Howie the past couple years has repeatedly said in different interviews how the leagues become a passing league and it's a need to have multiple good versatile corners.
    Like last stand said with the hints Caplan has been indirectly dropping, I'm thinking CB and wouldn't mind it.

But it also would suck not giving Hurts any weapons because then the kids not really getting a fair shake.
    I get the weapons for hurts thing. I’m not going to be upset if they get smith or waddle

But I am partially of the belief that a WR in the 2nd or 3rd like terrace Marshall or maybe dyami brown in the 3rd is gonna be better value

I have high hopes for fulgham and reagor with a new coaching staff

But right now CB is the worst position on the roster. I’d actually take our WRs over our CBs and that’s with slay

As of now we’re looking at jaquet starting or Craig James lol

And WRs in the 20-40 range have been preforming at an incredibly high level the past couple years.

I think CB at 12 and either CB, LB, or WR at 37 is my play

I’m going to go out on a limb and say it’s gonna be

CB
    DE or WR
    WR or DE
    CB
    DT
    OL

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Not if you’ve taken surtain or horn in the first

Asante is gonna be a monster covering slot and running backs
    I get what you are saying. My reason for wanting Stokes in the 2nd over Samuel Jr is I think he will eventually replace Slay. You will have two bookend corners in Surtain/Horn and Stokes. I don't mind Samuel Jr at all if the Eagles go that route.

Is Gannon switching over the Eagles defense to a more zone-coverage type defense?

I think drafting one of the best corners this year in round 1 would be a great idea because Gannon gets the most out of his 2nd-3rd tier type DBs....I'd like to see what he can do with top level type DBs on defense...

Back to the zone coverage type defense....that puts more of an onus on linebackers, doesn't it in the short/mid-range parts of the field...the corners and safeties cover the longer/outside routes.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsNutMike View Post
    Is Gannon switching over the Eagles defense to a more zone-coverage type defense?

I think drafting one of the best corners this year in round 1 would be a great idea because Gannon gets the most out of his 2nd-3rd tier type DBs....I'd like to see what he can do with top level type DBs on defense...

Back to the zone coverage type defense....that puts more of an onus on linebackers, doesn't it in the short/mid-range parts of the field...the corners and safeties cover the longer/outside routes.
    Yep, they're gonna be zone coverage according to Caplan.

Eric Wilson is a great signing that I think hits on those short/mid levels of the field. 3 picks last year.

#24ever

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post

Eric Wilson is a great signing that I think hits on those short/mid levels of the field. 3 picks last year.
    Well caplan says they’ll play a healthy amount of zone and man

Zimmer runs a lot of cover 3 man, quarters, and cover 2

He also likes to press his corners

The main thing is the Vikings and zimmer place huge emphasis on CBs. They draft them a lot. So we’ll definitely be drafting them. They like 6-0 to 6-2 CBs that are physical and can press man

Also I like Wilson. I’m still wanting to draft LB

There’s so many 6-3 guys who can run lol. There’s Zaven Collins, baron browning, jamin Davis, Jabril Cox

I think getting a top flight CB, tall athletic LB, and then a WR and either a S or CB in the 3rd would be incredible for the eagles

That coupled with having 3 first rounders would be unreal

If jalen hurts hits? This teams potential to restock talent will be amazing

Well caplan says they’ll play a healthy amount of zone and man

Zimmer runs a lot of cover 3 man, quarters, and cover 2

He also likes to press his corners

The main thing is the Vikings and zimmer place huge emphasis on CBs. They draft them a lot. So we’ll definitely be drafting them. They like 6-0 to 6-2 CBs that are physical and can press man

Also I like Wilson. I’m still wanting to draft LB

There’s so many 6-3 guys who can run lol. There’s Zaven Collins, baron browning, jamin Davis, Jabril Cox

I think getting a top flight CB, tall athletic LB, and then a WR and either a S or CB in the 3rd would be incredible for the eagles

That coupled with having 3 first rounders would be unreal

If jalen hurts hits? This teams potential to restock talent will be amazing
    yeah that's true, which is why i'm so excited for them to draft surtain or horn and then get a LB in the second? young talent immediately on defense.

The best bet for the Eagles is for Hurts to hit. Three first rounders next year and you can draft whatever WR you want.

#24ever

yeah that's true, which is why i'm so excited for them to draft surtain or horn and then get a LB in the second? young talent immediately on defense.

The best bet for the Eagles is for Hurts to hit. Three first rounders next year and you can draft whatever WR you want.
    The benefit is if he doesn’t they at least can trade up or will likely be in position for one anyways

So regardless it wouldn’t be the worst scenario

But the best is him hitting, and not like Lamar hitting but like dak hitting

Then you just build the weapons and lines back up

The benefit is if he doesn’t they at least can trade up or will likely be in position for one anyways

So regardless it wouldn’t be the worst scenario

But the best is him hitting, and not like Lamar hitting but like dak hitting

Then you just build the weapons and lines back up
    Yep. It's crazy because I actually wanted the Eagles to draft Dak (and Zeke) that year and we may get our own version of him if Hurts can do it. At the very minimum, we know that if Hurts doesn't work out, it's solely based on talent (or lack thereof). Dude is gonna work his *** off regardless.

#24ever

Whoever they draft on defense I want to see someone who hits and is a good tackler....our secondary did way too many body check type tackle attempts last season....Get someone who wraps up and tackles or at least the coaching staff can show them a better technique then what we saw last season.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsNutMike View Post
    Whoever they draft on defense I want to see someone who hits and is a good tackler....our secondary did way too many body check type tackle attempts last season....Get someone who wraps up and tackles or at least the coaching staff can show them a better technique then what we saw last season.
    Surtain's technique is perfect.

#24ever

I get the weapons for hurts thing. I’m not going to be upset if they get smith or waddle

But I am partially of the belief that a WR in the 2nd or 3rd like terrace Marshall or maybe dyami brown in the 3rd is gonna be better value

I have high hopes for fulgham and reagor with a new coaching staff

But right now CB is the worst position on the roster. I’d actually take our WRs over our CBs and that’s with slay

As of now we’re looking at jaquet starting or Craig James lol

And WRs in the 20-40 range have been preforming at an incredibly high level the past couple years.

I think CB at 12 and either CB, LB, or WR at 37 is my play

I’m going to go out on a limb and say it’s gonna be

CB
    DE or WR
    WR or DE
    CB
    DT
    OL
    No I absolutely agree with you and we're thinking similarly.
    I don't want Surtain, I'll prefer a WR over him easily, in my personal opinion I just don't believe in him. If we can get Horn this year and if Hurts pans out perfectly then we can target Stingley next year and we'd suddenly have a nasty group of CBs.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

These are the types of signings Howie made the yeae we won the ring. I just wish these signings would come a year later but hey if they pan out the can't count out a mid-season extension.

Seriously the future prospects of this team is just exciting.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Page 82 of 85 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast