Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 58 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    I still wonder if Mayo was interviewed as a DC candidate. Maybe the plan is to bring in Mayo as the DC with Duce as head coach and then theyíll bring in some college guy as an OC.
    Mayo makes more sense as a DC. Ran a 3-4 most of his career though and while that doesnít mean heíll have to run one it is an odd fit. Usually guys who run 3-4s believe in them. Having said even that whether itís 4-3 or 3-4 most teams rarely run a base set anymore for most of the game

Nickel is probably the most widely used set at this point. If thatís the case the only difference between a 3-4 and 4-3 is do your ends stand or have their hand in the dirt lol

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Mayo makes more sense as a DC. Ran a 3-4 most of his career though and while that doesnít mean heíll have to run one it is an odd fit. Usually guys who run 3-4s believe in them. Having said even that whether itís 4-3 or 3-4 most teams rarely run a base set anymore for most of the game

Nickel is probably the most widely used set at this point. If thatís the case the only difference between a 3-4 and 4-3 is do your ends stand or have their hand in the dirt lol
    Right, because itís more of a passing league these days teams generally use more nickel than base defenses like 3-4 and 4-3. I could be wrong (I havenít seen the actual data) but I think the eagles under Schwartz mostly ran a 4-2-5 concept.

Right, because itís more of a passing league these days teams generally use more nickel than base defenses like 3-4 and 4-3. I could be wrong (I havenít seen the actual data) but I think the eagles under Schwartz mostly ran a 4-2-5 concept.
    Iím sure they did when Malcolm was here. Itís actually the best defense you can run if you have a safety like Malcolm who can essentially play safety, nickel, LB and cover slot or TEs

I think within the next year or so that type of player is going to become as valuable as any defensive player not named DE or CB1

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Iím sure they did when Malcolm was here. Itís actually the best defense you can run if you have a safety like Malcolm who can essentially play safety, nickel, LB and cover slot or TEs

I think within the next year or so that type of player is going to become as valuable as any defensive player not named DE or CB1
    Agreed. Malcolm was already regressing before he left the eagles but that type of versatility is very underrated for a defense. Itís part of the reason 2017 had such a great defense.

hedraftnetwork.com/articles/2021-nfl-mock-draft-solak-1.0

I didn't know OT Slater is rated that high.

Agreed. Malcolm was already regressing before he left the eagles but that type of versatility is very underrated for a defense. Itís part of the reason 2017 had such a great defense.
    How did Malcom do for the Saints this year? I didn't follow him after he left.

Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    How did Malcom do for the Saints this year? I didn't follow him after he left.
    Neither did I to be honest but going through the saints Reddit it sounds like he did good but not worth that contract.

Would you draft RB Najee Harris in the 2nd round?

Its not necessarily a need but he compliment Sanders perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Would you draft RB Najee Harris in the 2nd round?

Its not necessarily a need but he compliment Sanders perfectly.
    Personally, I think the 2nd is a little high for the eagles to go running back. Thereís other needs on this team and Iíd build somewhere else first. If a guy the eagles like comes along in the 3rd or 4th though then go for it. Thereís been RBs in the 3rd and 4th rounds that have done well in the NFL lately.

Also, something that I was thinking about, with the lions saying that they will move on from stafford that gives another team in the top 10 that will want to draft a QB. Eagles sit at #6 and lions sit at #7.

The eagles might now be a good spot for a team that wants to trade up for a QB.

We don't even use Miles a lot, what's the point. I rather draft TE and WR and sign a veteran thumper ala AP or Blount during our SB run. I'm also cool bringing Jordan Howard back if he's cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Also, something that I was thinking about, with the lions saying that they will move on from stafford that gives another team in the top 10 that will want to draft a QB. Eagles sit at #6 and lions sit at #7.

The eagles might now be a good spot for a team that wants to trade up for a QB.
    I was thanking my Lions friend for this exact thing. Our pick will be coveted if one of the 4 start dropping. Only 4 first round projected QBs and all 4 potentially can go top 10. I'm cool moving back onky if Smith is gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

I was thanking my Lions friend for this exact thing. Our pick will be coveted if one of the 4 start dropping. Only 4 first round projected QBs and all 4 potentially can go top 10. I'm cool moving back onky if Smith is gone.
    With sirianni as the head coach I think that gives the eagles 3 prospects in the first round that would be great for his offense. Devonta smith and jamaar chase for obvious reasons. The 3rd, is Kyle pitts. I think Kyle pitts in sirianniís system could be like Travis kelce in the chiefs system, line him up as a TE or as a WR.

Thing is, Iíd only go with Kyle pitts if both devonta smith and jamar chase are gone and the eagles trade back but I think it could be a great pick for sirianni and what he wants to do. Pitts and goedert would be killer in a sirianni system.

well the thing about Sirianni is he will (allegedly) develop his system based on personnel

I get Kyle Pitts on paper, but I do think nick will gladly run 11 personnel if we have the guys on the outside.

I'm actually lost on what I want from the draft now, because with Sirianni having such a great track record with WRs I can't help but wonder if he can make reagor, Watkins, Fulgham, and Hightower work? I mean all 4 showed something at some point. if that's the case why not draft parsons, Farley, surtain, or pitts

it's interesting.

Page 32 of 58 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast