Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Yeah thatís why I am against taking a QB.

I know the whole Dak Wentz thing is on standby right now but Dak is still a solid to above average QB 7-14 range. Heís also pretty above average due to his surroundings. Letís see if Hurts can be like Dak so letís build those surroundings. Hell, letís build those surroundings and if Hurts isnít that guy, it should be easier to plug in a QB.

Iíd rather a rookie QB come in to an excellent situation and possibly win a SB with him on his rookie deal because the foundation is there than have a rookie QB come into a situation where the team just isnít good.

There are definitely starting caliber QBs that arenít top 10 or so picks. Mahomes was 10 and Watson was 12. Bridgerwater and Carr were basically both 2nd rounders. Wilson a 3rd, cousins a 4th. Dalton, kaep were seconds. I could go on. The idea is most of these QBs in the late 1st and seconds and thirds went into pretty solid situations. Some didnít and still developed.

Basically build the foundation and then get your QB. Even if you still suck but have a solid foundation, then get your QB high. Just not now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All depends on evaluation. If you evaluate a guy and deem him a franchise guy, top 10 QB potential. Itís negligent to pass him up

But just taking a QB to compete with hurts is also negligent.

I donít want a QB, but if you fall in love with a guy and think heís gonna be that guy everyone wishes they had. Then you have to take him, thereís no guarantee you feel that way about hurts, about anyone in the next draft or subsequent drafts. When the eagles saw wentz they knew he was their QB. They did everything they could to position themselves to trade up for him.

2017 had mahomes and Deshaun, 2018 had Allen, 2019 had Kyler, 2020 had burrow and Herbert

Talented QBs do come around but that doesnít mean you get them. If youíre in position to get a guy you think is on the level of those guys you take him now. Figure the other stuff out as you go.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    All depends on evaluation. If you evaluate a guy and deem him a franchise guy, top 10 QB potential. Itís negligent to pass him up

But just taking a QB to compete with hurts is also negligent.

I donít want a QB, but if you fall in love with a guy and think heís gonna be that guy everyone wishes they had. Then you have to take him, thereís no guarantee you feel that way about hurts, about anyone in the next draft or subsequent drafts. When the eagles saw wentz they knew he was their QB. They did everything they could to position themselves to trade up for him.

2017 had mahomes and Deshaun, 2018 had Allen, 2019 had Kyler, 2020 had burrow and Herbert

Talented QBs do come around but that doesnít mean you get them. If youíre in position to get a guy you think is on the level of those guys you take him now. Figure the other stuff out as you go.
    You keep saying this fall in love with a QB thing. I donít trust this drafting team to have a genuine love for a guy. I feel like theyíre going to ďfall in loveĒ with a guy just for the sake of falling in love and thinking they need to get a QB.

Fell in love with Carson: divorce. Fell in love with Hurts; spurned by missing Wilson.

Are they going to Ďfall in loveí with a QB that winds up just being the rebound?

Build the home first. Get yourself in a good place. Enjoy being single for a bit. Find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

You keep saying this fall in love with a QB thing. I donít trust this drafting team to have a genuine love for a guy. I feel like theyíre going to ďfall in loveĒ with a guy just for the sake of falling in love and thinking they need to get a QB.

Fell in love with Carson: divorce. Fell in love with Hurts; spurned by missing Wilson.

Are they going to Ďfall in loveí with a QB that winds up just being the rebound?

Build the home first. Get yourself in a good place. Enjoy being single for a bit. Find yourself.

This. This right here.

At the end of the day, the Eagles shouldn't make the pick at 6, or anywhere else for that matter based off of the current depth chart. At each pick the question needs to be "which of these guys has the best chance to become elite" and go from there.

I just finished watching all of trey lance games and hereís my personal scouting report for anybody that cares. Lmao..

I think heís got inconsistent accuracy. Sometimes it looks like he has drew brees type of accuracy. Other times he misses super easy throws or throws really off target on short passes which makes the receiver have to come back to the ball allowing the defender to get in position to make the tackle. Iíll say most times I think heís pretty on target but there are consistent easy misses for sure too.

Heís got amazing arm strength. Iíd say elite NFL arm talent. He throws on a dime, like no lob, easily like 35+ yards consistently. The camera has had issues keeping up with it a few times.lol Honestly, just my opinion, but I think his arm strength is even better than Carson wentz.

He can definitely run but heís not a ďrun firstĒ QB like some fans might think. Heís almost always looking to throw unless itís a designed run or coverage breaks down. I also think heís great at throwing on the run, he doesnít lose much accuracy or arm strength while running to either side.

I think he does have issues at times going through progressions. Iíve seen him a few times throw the ball to one guy that is in coverage when another guy was wiiide the **** open on the other side of the field.

Similarly, I think he has poor decision making at times. For example, one time he had two receivers on one side of the field so it was easy for him to see both guys, however he threw to the player that had 2 defenders close to the receiver instead of throwing to the inside of the other receiver which would have been an easy catch and run play. This play ended in an incompletion and might have even been a catch and run TD if he threw to the other guy.

I think his mechanics are pretty good. He seems to always try to get his legs and body squared up before he throws, even while heís running to his left.

His ball security is pretty good. He always seems to try to remember to keep two hands on the ball unlike Carson wentz. He also doesnít seem to force throws as often either. That being said, when he is running with the ball he seeks contact, just like Carson wentz did. Must be a North Dakota state QB thing.. Iíve never seen him slide once, though there are like 1-2 games that I couldnít find film on so maybe he did in those games. This is concerning because 1. Itís an easy way to get injured and 2. Itís an easy way to fumble the football. He can take those kind of hits against the weak level of competition heís facing but itís way different in the NFL. Hopefully he adjusts that somewhat at the next level.

Just my personal opinion, but I think he is a better prospect overall than Carson wentz was coming out. That being said, there was a LOT more tape on Carson wentz so I think wentz was a ďsafer pickĒ coming out. Trey lance has only played one season but that one season was pretty damn impressive. If the eagles want to research lance to see if heís worthy of the #6 pick, I hope they pick his brain nonstop. His talent on the field is there, the question is between the ears, can he take in all of the info that a nfl QB needs to? Can he process plays consistently fast enough to succeed in the nfl? Can he read NFL coverages both before and after the snap? Also, have to get a feel for his work ethic and what kinda person he is off the field. I havenít looked into his off field stuff much but what Iíve heard heís very smart so thatís a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    At the end of the day, the Eagles shouldn't make the pick at 6, or anywhere else for that matter based off of the current depth chart. At each pick the question needs to be "which of these guys has the best chance to become elite" and go from there.
    Youíd hope that BPA would apply at #6 but it doesnít always work out that way, especially under howie roseman. Well, maybe it is how he works and his BPA is just way far off from what everybody else thinks.

Personally, I want that #6 pick to be a WR. Iíd absolutely love that. I think itís the last thing the offense really needs. Chase/smith and Iíd be happy. I think sirianni could do so much with either of those guys

What is up with the recent surge of rashawn slater? I havenít watched any tape but why is this small OT spec getting a lot of hype? I feel like heíd get overpowered at tackle and also with his small arms heíd get man handled at the point of attack.

My opinion on the QBs is that the only ones I would draft in the top 10 are Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson. I think Fields was way too inconsistent in his decision making and I hate his mechanics. I have not seen enough from Trey Lance that I would draft him top 10. If Eagles decided to take a QB Wilson and Lawrence are the only 2 I would support in any way.

My order of wants are:
    Smith/Chase
    Parsons
    Zach Wilson (highly unlikely that he'll be there and I'm assuming no trade up)
    Trade back (ideally for Parsons)
    Pitts (not in love with this pick)
    Anything else for me would be very disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    What is up with the recent surge of rashawn slater? I havenít watched any tape but why is this small OT spec getting a lot of hype? I feel like heíd get overpowered at tackle and also with his small arms heíd get man handled at the point of attack.
    I think Slater is a guy I wouldn't touch in the top 10. I think 14-20 is a fair spot for him but I don't like him as a top 10 pick personally.

Quote Originally Posted by abelugawhale View Post
    My opinion on the QBs is that the only ones I would draft in the top 10 are Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson. I think Fields was way too inconsistent in his decision making and I hate his mechanics. I have not seen enough from Trey Lance that I would draft him top 10. If Eagles decided to take a QB Wilson and Lawrence are the only 2 I would support in any way.

My order of wants are:
    Smith/Chase
    Parsons
    Zach Wilson (highly unlikely that he'll be there and I'm assuming no trade up)
    Trade back (ideally for Parsons)
    Pitts (not in love with this pick)
    Anything else for me would be very disappointing
    Parsons is going to be nasty...I would be upset to miss out on Chase or Smith, but Parsons would soften the blow for sure.

Are we talking football or personal life? This makes me laugh

Chase, Pitts, Smith. I get the sense the Eagles are blowing smoke on taking a QB and are going to trade down to acquire more capital.

#24ever

I think trading back ultimately makes the most sense for where this teams at. If you can get into the 9-12 range whilst getting another 2nd or something youíre in business

Team needs bodies

And id argue that in the 9-12 range guys like waddle, pitts, Rousseau, paye will all be there

Would I rather have chase/smith or waddle and a 2nd

I think probably waddle and a 2nd tbh.

With 2 2s and 2 3s you can really start to get some guys in here or trade up if someone slips to the late 1st high 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I think trading back ultimately makes the most sense for where this teams at. If you can get into the 9-12 range whilst getting another 2nd or something youíre in business

Team needs bodies

And id argue that in the 9-12 range guys like waddle, pitts, Rousseau, paye will all be there

Would I rather have chase/smith or waddle and a 2nd

I think probably waddle and a 2nd tbh.

With 2 2s and 2 3s you can really start to get some guys in here or trade up if someone slips to the late 1st high 2nd
    Honestly, the only way I trade back is if Parsons, Chase, and Smith are all still available. That said, I think you have to take Chase at 6 if he's there...I really think he's going to be the next Hopkins. I don't think you can pass that up.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Honestly, the only way I trade back is if Parsons, Chase, and Smith are all still available. That said, I think you have to take Chase at 6 if he's there...I really think he's going to be the next Hopkins. I don't think you can pass that up.
    If Chase is there at 6, I'm running up there my damn self to make the pick. Otherwise, I'll take Pitts or Smith if I'm trading back. Parsons is interesting too. I think we're in a really good spot. I believe absolutely nothing about QB talk. They'll do research, but Hurts is the guy for next season.

#24ever

Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast