Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Who do you want for Head Coach?

I want Eric Bieniemy.

this is an offensive league... it's time to finally bring in an offensive coach. I have confidence in his ability to be a good leader and someone the players can respect.

Former RB at Colorado and NFL player. been around Football a long time, i'm sure he knows how to run a defense too so i wouldn't worry about that. he'll put around the right people/players on this team

Eric has earned his shot by now

I have no clue who I want. I want Bieniemy I guess...I'm just really concerned that Andy Reid is the real brains there (similar to MP with BB).

Agreed on Bienemy.

Robert Saleh would be awesome as well. The work he has done in SF, especially this year with all the injuries, is impressive. He's also reportedly flexible and diverse in his scheme and as we've seen they can rush the passer (something we desperately need after the mess Bluto left behind). Personally as an Arab American it would be awesome to see him become the first Arab American HC in the NFL, especially in Detroit given the large amount of Arab Americans that live in the Metro Detroit area.

I'll go with Saleh if we go from the pro ranks

if we go college ranks give me Lincoln Riley from Oklahoma.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    I want Eric Bieniemy.

this is an offensive league... it's time to finally bring in an offensive coach. I have confidence in his ability to be a good leader and someone the players can respect.

Former RB at Colorado and NFL player. been around Football a long time, i'm sure he knows how to run a defense too so i wouldn't worry about that. he'll put around the right people/players on this team

Eric has earned his shot by now
    let's not forget he has the Berman name "Sleeping with Bieniemy"

that's way better than the bonafides "played RB for colorado and played in NFL"

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Agreed on Bienemy.

Robert Saleh would be awesome as well. The work he has done in SF, especially this year with all the injuries, is impressive. He's also reportedly flexible and diverse in his scheme and as we've seen they can rush the passer (something we desperately need after the mess Bluto left behind). Personally as an Arab American it would be awesome to see him become the first Arab American HC in the NFL, especially in Detroit given the large amount of Arab Americans that live in the Metro Detroit area.
    The thing I'd love about Saleh is that he's most likely a Lions fan and understands our pain.

Now idk if that would translate to anything but it's cool

Iím from Cali and I am not in favor of the 9erís defensive coordinator. The last few coaches we had were supposed to be defensive guruís and we got bupkis. I say we move on from stafford while we can still get something decent for him and let the new coach draft his QB of the future.

At this point the only guy Iíd seriously be excited about (if itís not the Chief OC) would be Jim shwartz or Caldwell. I know, I know... but Iím serious. I donít wat to get too excited for a new guy bringing in a new system with new coaches. Letís just stick with what we know. A .500 team who is sometimes fun to watch.
    ^#BEEF^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Robert Saleh or Eric Bieniemy are my top 2. Ipersonally think Bieniemy is going to take the Jets or Jaguars job just the simple fact that he will have either Lawerence or Fields to utilize. Saleh was born in Dearborn and grew up a Lions fan. So he knows the pain us fans have. He can clean up the mess that Fatricia left and clean up the locker room culture. If we somehow nab John Dorsey as our GM he maybe able to convince Bieniemy to come here. Dorsey is the one who drafted Mahomes, Kelce and Tyreek Hill. He also drafted Baker Mayfield, Nick Chubb and Denzel Ward while with Cleveland. He also made key trades to bring in Jarvis Landry to Cleveland as well. He actually knows what he is doing.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions Welcome to Detroit Brad Holmes and Welcome Back DCam aka The Dude. Thanks for the Memories Stafford.
    Detroit Tigers Welcome to Detroit AJ Hinch!
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

looking back on an older thread I saw JackB wanted Gruden, I wanted Greg Schiano lol (even looking back on myself I can't tell if I'm serious or not), rocket wanted Patricia (and then also wanted two others), Whool wanted Schwartz again, idunno, maybe not, my brain gave up after the old 50 paragraph posts by Spooner

I wanted to look up the old comments to check who said what, and gave up quickly, true Lions work ethic at it's finest
    Last edited by GuySir; 12-02-2020 at 03:27 AM.

looking back on an older thread I saw JackB wanted Gruden, I wanted Greg Schiano lol (even looking back on myself I can't tell if I'm serious or not), rocket wanted Patricia (and then also wanted two others), Whool wanted Schwartz again, idunno, maybe not, my brain gave up after the old 50 paragraph posts by Spooner

I wanted to look up the old comments to check who said what, and gave up quickly, true Lions work ethic at it's finest
    I think I wanted Patricia too and boy was I ever wrong about that. After the first season I was like OK BB went 5-11 in his first year. The next year BB went 11-5 and won the Super Bowl. So I was like maybe Patricia could do the same since he was dubbed the best of the BB disciples. Again boy was I wrong. I personally think both he and Quinn should have been fired last year.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions Welcome to Detroit Brad Holmes and Welcome Back DCam aka The Dude. Thanks for the Memories Stafford.
    Detroit Tigers Welcome to Detroit AJ Hinch!
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

Pretty sure I wanted Matty P too. I still don't think the hire in itself was a bad decision. You can't grade decisions after you already know the results. It made sense, it didn't work out...we probably could have fired him sooner and that would have been better.

How do you guys feel about:

John Mitchell
    ASSISTANT HEAD COACH
    John Mitchell, the longest-tenured member of the Steelersí coaching staff, will enter his 27th season with the franchise in 2020 having served as the teamís defensive line coach from 1994-2006, before being named assistant head coach/defensive line (2007-17). He remained with the team following Mike Tomlinís hiring in January 2007. Mitchell was promoted to assistant head coach in 2018.
    As assistant head coach, Mitchell oversees staff development among the coaching staff, works with current and former players in career development, and assists Head Coach Mike Tomlin in community-related events.
    ^#BEEF^

Greg Roman

Greg Roman was named Baltimore's offensive coordinator in January 2019. He immediately led Baltimore's attack to record-setting heights, ultimately earning him NFL Assistant Coach of the Year honors. In Roman's first season as offensive coordinator, the "revolutionary" Ravens posted the best offensive season in team history, helping the team to a franchise-best 14-2 record. Led by 2019 NFL MVP QB Lamar Jackson, the Ravens ranked No. 1 in points (33.2) and rushing yards (206.0) per game, while they finished No. 2 in total yards (407.6). The Ravens set a new NFL single-season rushing record (3,296), besting the 1978 Patriots (3,165). Baltimore became the first team ever to average 200 passing and 200 rushing yards per game in a season. The 2019 Ravens also set season team records for TDs (64), points (531), net yards (6,521), rushing yards (3,296), first downs (386) and fewest turnovers (15). Jackson accounted for a league-high 43 total TDs, including an NFL-best (and franchise-record) 36 passing scores. Jackson also rushed for 1,206 yards (sixth most in the league), setting a new NFL single-season record by a QB. TE Mark Andrews had 10 receiving TDs, ranking No. 1 among all NFL tight ends and tying (Cooper Kupp) for second by all players. RB Mark Ingram II posted 15 total TDs, tying a single-season team record (Ray Rice, 2011) and ranking fourth overall in the NFL. In 2018, Roman coached a young group of tight ends, all of whom played a role in the team's offense. Rookie Andrews (third-round draft pick) ranked No. 1 among rookie NFL tight ends in receiving yards (552) and No. 3 in receptions (34). Another rookie, first-rounder TE Hayden Hurst, became more involved in the offense after missing the first four games due to injury. Veteran TEs Nick Boyle (16 games & a then-career-high 213 receiving yards) and Maxx Williams (13 games, 143 receiving yards and 1 TD) contributed both in the passing game and rushing attack. In Roman's first season (2017) back with the team, the offense made significant strides, particularly in the latter part of the year. Following that season, Roman was promoted to assistant head coach/tight ends coach. Since his first term in Baltimore (2006-07), Roman has been a successful NFL offensive coordinator both in San Francisco and Buffalo. With each team, Roman worked with NFL QBs who totaled their highest single-season passer ratings under his guidance: SF's Alex Smith (104.1 in 2012) and Colin Kaepernick (98.3 in 2012) and Buffalo's Tyrod Taylor (99.4 in 2015).
    ADDITIONAL COACHING HIGHLIGHTS: Roman has 23 years experience coaching in the NFL for five teams, including as offensive coordinator for three of them. With Roman as OC, San Francisco earned three-straight trips to the NFC Championship game (2011-13) and a Super Bowl appearance against the Ravens in 2012. As the Bills' OC, Roman helped Buffalo's run game excel in 2015, as it led the NFL with 152.0 rushing yards per game and 4.78 yards per carry.
    ^#BEEF^

Robert Saleh, defensive coordinator, San Francisco 49ers
    I didnt realize that he worked with Bevell back in Seattle from 2011-2013... the same year Bevell was hired as OC. Bothe offense and defense steadily improved for that team during those years. Iíd assume thereís a chance for Bevell to stay if Saleh is hired?
    ^#BEEF^

Given that we have so many ďpatriot way playersĒ...
    what about Bill Belichickís son?

Stephen Belichick, outside linebackers coach, New England Patriots

(Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sports)

NFL teams have tried with predictable repetition to grab a bit of Bill Belichickís juice over the last two decades by pilfering promoting his assistant coaches, with varying degrees of success. Okay, thatís too kind. Most of the Belichick acolytes have not been able to coach their way out of a paper bag when asked to take the whistle at the highest level of responsibility.

So, with that in mind, maybe a team will take the next step and hope for some genetic juice. Stephen Belichick, his fatherís oldest son, first joined the team as a defensive assistant in 2012, before moving to safeties coach in 2016, then to secondary/safeties coach in 2019. 2019 was, of course, the year in which New Englandís man-based secondary clamped down on nearly every opponent it faced, and the players are aware that the younger Belichick is an increasingly big part of that equation.

ď[Steve has] always been a guy thatís extremely knowledgeable, and heís been around this organization for so long,Ē cornerback Jason McCourty recently told ESPNís Mike Reiss. ďI know it was cool when I first got here [in 2018] to sit and talk to him about the history of the organization. As he talked about past players and the excitement comes into his eyes. You just see how much he loves and cares about the team and this sport.

ďThat just carries over into his coaching, the way heís able to relate to guys, his ability to command a room and stand up there and tell guys what they have. And when questions are fired, [heís] able to get guys in the right position. Thatís carried over for him, no matter where heís coaching. Thatís continued to help us grow as a defense.Ē

Moving to coach the outside linebackers in 2020 is an example of what Bill Belichick has always asked his assistants to do ó get as much experience as possible at as many positions as possible so youíre not overwhelmed when you get a head coaching opportunity.

Perhaps the younger Belichick is the one to buck the trend of Patriots assistant failure.
    ^#BEEF^

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast