Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Nah... his 2021 salary is guaranteed but not for retirement.

Ben's contract is quite a bit different.
    His money may not be guaranteed but the cap hit still applies. There’s no way out of that even if he retires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    I think there’s a difference between having a love for playing the game and having a love for playing the game in the NFL.

Monday through Saturday football might not be a love of his right now. It looks to me like his preparation for games this year have been pretty bad. Every week he gives the same answers to questions “I’m not on the same page as my receivers”. Well, getting on the same page starts with Monday through Saturday. There was a rumor a month or so ago that his practice habits were getting bad, maybe this relates (if the rumor is true of course)?

And fwiw, I’m not saying that this is what I believe, but I do think it’s a possibility and would make a lot of sense if true given the way that he’s currently playing. I just think a better prepared QB wouldn’t make the mistakes he’s consistently making
    Well said

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    I haven't been in this thread for the conversation, but what would starting Hurts do? The play calling has been pathetic all season and with five games left we're expecting this coaching staff to put a productive new offense on the field? Throwing Hurts out there with this mess will not validate the draft pick one way or the other with no training camp to boot.

There is no debate that Wentz looks absolutely pathetic out there, but you don't have a whole lot of options. He's shown immense flashes and literally carried the team on his back last season while being highly efficient. Do you bench him and move on? I find that unlikely given that they are financially tied to him for multiple seasons (at the very least 2021). Do you bench him and then turn back to him in 2021? Does it make more sense to roll with him now, attempt to salvage his talent, and then see what 2021 brings? Hurts would still be waiting in the wings

I'm at peace with moving on from Doug, but I don't think you can with Wentz yet..
    It is not so much of what Hurts can do, but it is more so holding Wentz accountable for what he has done. I think it sends a bad message to the team to have someone play this bad and not have his job in jeopardy. Plus, you get a look at Hurts and see if he has potential. I know the offense is not in a great situation but I think it is possible that Hurts is a good player and maybe he hits the open guys, gets the ball out quicker, and makes some plays with his legs. Maybe it forces the Eagles to rely on the run as well.

Also, I'm not saying move on from Wentz. They basically have to try to salvage him which can only be done if they get a new coaching staff. Some believe that benching Wentz means you can never go back to him. I think that is crazy. One, if it destroys him mentally(not that he isn't already) then he doesn't have the mental toughness to be a good QB. Two, I am actually the opposite, I think sending him out there with no chance each week just further destroys him and his confidence. Each week nothing gets better, he is off on every throw down the field, he isn't seeing anything, he has mentally completely fallen apart. I think it is best to pull him and let him reset his mind and take some time off. I feel like each week he gets more and more in his own head and it is killing him.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    So there no cap hit on guaranteed money from retirement? Does he need to pay it back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He would need to. Yes. A lot of teams make players pay their bonus back when they retire

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Sticking up for his QB. The play was cover 1 meaning that it was man coverage across the board with 1 safety in zone over top. Goedert was running an option route. So depending on the coverage, he'd run a streak to the end zone or run a curl. Goedert saw the safety over the top and broke into the curl. Who knows what Wentz saw because he clearly didn't think the safety would be there and thought that Goedert would run the streak.
    DB had inside leverage, expected him to go the other way.

**** happens.

Well according to you Doug should lose his job.

So why he shouldn't he rely on veterans to try and keep it?
    Well, when the veterans are worse than the young guys that point doesn't really help. Everyone knew benching Mailata for Peters was ridiculously dumb. Doug did that to save his job? When Mailata is clearly better? That decision may have cost Doug his job with how Peters got absolutely abused against the Browns to no ones surprise...well expect maybe Dougs. Now he plays a washed up Peters with a messed up foot over Herbig who has been the Eagles best guard this season. Doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Eagles line isn't great by any means but Wentz likes to hold onto the ball for an eternity as well

DB had inside leverage, expected him to go the other way.

**** happens.
    Yeah and with a safety over top, a QB should know that route isn't available and look for another option. That's an easy easy read for a QB to make

You can't coach heart.

Humans have agency.
    And? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    His money may not be guaranteed but the cap hit still applies. There’s no way out of that even if he retires.
    Players don't get the remaining salary on their contracts when they retire.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    And? Lol
    So you blame Doug for choosing the players that he thinks give him the best performance?

The hate is unreal.

He spent most of last year inured.

Low 1, competent 2, we can split hairs if we must.

Regardless, he's toast.
    Butter him up baby.

Eagles line isn't great by any means but Wentz likes to hold onto the ball for an eternity as well
    No denying that.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Huh? I wasn’t aware the issue was Bdawks player evaluation of alshon as a #1 prior to this season

I thought the issue was Bdawk changing his opinion of alshon

Those are 2 totally different conversations lol
    Well that was the debate lol. Of course we couldn't know what Alshon was just based on this year because he hadn't played. But based off of previous years, I was saying Alshon returning isn't going to magically fix the lack of talent on the outside.

It's not a big deal, I just like giving BDawk **** about it.

Yeah and with a safety over top, a QB should know that route isn't available and look for another option. That's an easy easy read for a QB to make
    If Goedert breaks the other way it's an easy completion.

Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast