Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

2021 QBs where do they end up?

All these guys are UFA but where do they if any end up? Now I donít know what the cap are for these teams these are just a guesstimate on how much I believe these guys can/could get in FA.

Dak stays with Dallas

Rivers Stays with Indy

Brissett signs with the Jets for 2 yrs at 20 million

Trubisky signs with the Jacksonville for 5 yrs 45 million

Fitzpatrick signs with the Lions for 2 yrs 25 million

Taylor stays with the Chargers

Dalton signs with the Patriots for 3 yrs 20 million

Flacco signs with the Chicago for 4 yrs 30 million

Cam signs with the Giants for 3 yrs 15 million
    Last edited by BSF101; 11-29-2020 at 05:24 PM.

Vince to Gronk

In no universe is Flacco going to make even a quarter of that kind of money at his age. He's better off hanging his cleats.

Why would Jacksonville throw that kind of money at a failed project like Trubisky when they're still in the Trevor Lawrence race? Even if they don't get the first pick, they'll still be in position for Justin Fields or Trey Lance.

Matt Stafford to New England - Perhaps Detroit opts for a hard reset with both Patricia and Quinn fired? If not Stafford, Andy Dalton is an option as well.

Ryan Fitzpatrick to Las Vegas - I don't think Gruden is happy with Derek Car, whose cap hit for 2021 is only $2.5m. We also know about Gruden's affinity for older quarterbacks as well and Fitz would be a perfect fit for his system. New England is also a possible destination due to Belichick's history of signing players that give him trouble.
    Last edited by d.m.g.; 12-01-2020 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    All these guys are UFA but where do they if any end up? Now I donít know what the cap are for these teams these are just a guesstimate on how much I believe these guys can/could get in FA.

Dak stays with Dallas

Rivers Stays with Indy

What is your reasoning on this? Signs on to back up Stafford or signs on because Stafford is moved on with and a younger QB is drafter for him to develop?

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    What is your reasoning on this? Signs on to back up Stafford or signs on because Stafford is moved on with and a younger QB is drafter for him to develop?
    Good question havenít thought about it. Who is the Lions current backup QB?

Good question havenít thought about it. Who is the Lions current backup QB?
    The great Chase Daniel currently on a 3-year deal

How does the guy do it? His ratio of money earned vs. actual impact on the field is off the charts.

Dak stays with Dallas

Rivers Stays with Indy

Lmao, be honest. Was the entire point of this thread so you could imply Cam will sign a 3 year deal at 5M/season because you're pouting about a bad game?

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Lmao, be honest. Was the entire point of this thread so you could imply Cam will sign a 3 year deal at 5M/season because you're pouting about a bad game?
    horrific game and horrific season... maybe the patriots dont actually lack help its just the last 2 QBs they have had stink?

dont worry.... he getting that 25 mill

Lol. Iíll never tell. But in all seriousness I donít think Cam returns but the Giants I can see go after Cam.

Vince to Gronk

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    horrific game and horrific season... maybe the patriots dont actually lack help its just the last 2 QBs they have had stink?

The Giants would be dumb enough to pay him.

Vince to Gronk

Iíll be honest the name rings a bell but Iím not all that familiar with him though.
    I say Fitzpatrick goes to the lions as a potential Starter because I can see Stafford signing with either the Washington or Atlanta but since heís not a FA or UFA I didnít put him on the list.

Vince to Gronk

Quote Originally Posted by MTM

Awful game for sure, but he's been solid most of the season considering the **** he's surrounded by. And BB is defending him, so it's pretty safe to say the Pats will at least try to bring him back next season.

Here's three charts showing Cam's CPOE vs EPA:
    Weeks 1-3: Cam's a bit above average. Not bad for the situation, and looking promising.
    Weeks 6&7: Cam had COVID and then had one practice in a 2 week span. He was by far the worst QB in the league.
    Weeks 8-11: Cam was in the top 10.

Obviously that will change, but Cam is criminally underrated due how bad the Pats actually are. He's been far from perfect, but most people are judging his season based entirely on his TD/INT ratio which is skewed due to NE's awful pass offense and personnel miscues that aren't necessarily on Cam. He's had his **** ups, particularly in weeks 6 and 7 (and then wasn't good today), but otherwise he's playing very well in spite of lack of talent and atrocious play calling.

Here's another thing to consider with the play calling:

Newton is 21-of-34 (61.8 percent) for 532 yards with a touchdown and interception (103.2 passer rating) on passes that traveled 15 yards or more this season.

Heís 148-of-211 (70.1 percent) for 1,368 yards with three touchdowns and six interceptions (80.4 passer rating) on short passes this season.

Over the last four weeks, Newton is 11-of-17 (64.7 percent) for 294 yards with a touchdown and no interceptions (127.7 passer rating) on deep passes.

Newton is 70-of-97 (72.2 percent) for 637 yards with one touchdown (93 passer rating) on short passes in that same span.

Newton isnít throwing deep enough. That should change moving forward.
    It's basically the same issues Wilson dealt with in recent years. The team is too conservative and gets themselves in too many 2nd/3rd and longs because of bad running plays, then the QB looks awful because he's being asked to thrive in high pressure passing situations with awful surrounding support. Today, 15 of his 18 pass attempts came on 2nd and 3rd downs. The average distance to-go on those drop backs was 9.8 yards. That's absurd given what that offense has to work with.

Give Cam more deep balls and stop killing drives by running every 1st down. And more importantly, cut out the ****ing pitch plays from the playbook that almost never get more than a yard.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Awful game for sure, but he's been solid most of the season considering the **** he's surrounded by. And BB is defending him, so it's pretty safe to say the Pats will at least try to bring him back next season.

Here's three charts showing Cam's CPOE vs EPA:
    Weeks 1-3: Cam's a bit above average. Not bad for the situation, and looking promising.
    Weeks 6&7: Cam had COVID and then had one practice in a 2 week span. He was by far the worst QB in the league.
    Weeks 8-11: Cam was in the top 10.

Obviously that will change, but Cam is criminally underrated due how bad the Pats actually are. He's been far from perfect, but most people are judging his season based entirely on his TD/INT ratio which is skewed due to NE's awful pass offense and personnel miscues that aren't necessarily on Cam. He's had his **** ups, particularly in weeks 6 and 7 (and then wasn't good today), but otherwise he's playing very well in spite of lack of talent and atrocious play calling.

Here's another thing to consider with the play calling:

It's basically the same issues Wilson dealt with in recent years. The team is too conservative and gets themselves in too many 2nd/3rd and longs because of bad running plays, then the QB looks awful because he's being asked to thrive in high pressure passing situations with awful surrounding support. Today, 15 of his 18 pass attempts came on 2nd and 3rd downs. The average distance to-go on those drop backs was 9.8 yards. That's absurd given what that offense has to work with.

Give Cam more deep balls and stop killing drives by running every 1st down. And more importantly, cut out the ****ing pitch plays from the playbook that almost never get more than a yard.
    Enlightening post but I disagree with ditching the pitch plays as it gives running QB the option to pitch it to keep the defense guessing who to cover on those slant runs. You never see them with Brady under center but it does benefit Cam as long as he knows when to or not the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by cattusmaru View Post
    Enlightening post but I disagree with ditching the pitch plays as it gives running QB the option to pitch it to keep the defense guessing who to cover on those slant runs. You never see them with Brady under center but it does benefit Cam as long as he knows when to or not the pitch.
    Oh, I don't mean the read option pitch plays, I mean the standard RB toss/pitch plays. It worked like 2 times several weeks ago and McDaniels has been trying to run it 5-10 times per game since.

Jags sign Trubisky for 5 years? GTFO. May as well bring back Minshew.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast