Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LA Clippers to sign Nic Batum after clearing waivers

They’ve had the strongest offseason by far

Replaced a choker coach in Doc with 2016 championship coach Ty Lue

Yes they lost McGruder, Shamet and Harrell. But let’s be real, they kept Kawhi, PG, Bev & Lou.

Now they’ve added Ibaka, Kennard & Batum.

They’ll have the best mix of perimeter + interior defense

Thoughts
    Last edited by LaVar Ball; 11-29-2020 at 03:49 PM.

Despite the sensationalism, I think it's a good signing for them to get Batum.

Whats he got left in the tank, hes prolly our best passer lol

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    They’ve had the strongest offseason by far

Replaced a choker coach in Doc with 2016 championship coach Ty Lue

Yes they lost McGruder, Shamet and Harrell. But let’s be real, they kept Kawhi, PG, Bev & Lou.

Now they’ve added Ibaka, Kennard & Batum.

They’ll have the best mix of perimeter + interior defense

Thoughts
    LOL! No, they haven't had the best off-season or even a good off-season really. Maybe they are slightly improved but I don't think it's unfair to say they've taken a step back like most the "pros" are saying. I do like that really "smart" talking heads like Nick Wright are kicking dirt on them and saying they have the worst backcourt in the Western Conference. I wonder if he knows Paul George plays SG. I know the internet is down on George now, so maybe Wright thinks he's worse than guys like George Hill, Derek White, Eric Bledsoe, Lonzo, Dillon Brooks, Buddy Hield, Tim Hardaway Jr, Caldwell-Pope, Matthews, ect. I like that the Clippers are back to an underdog role and hated that almost every talking head picked them to win it all last year. There are reasons to be cautiously optimistic about the team, but no they haven't had the best off-season by a long shot.

Hasn't this guy sucked ever since he left Portland?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    LOL! No, they haven't had the best off-season or even a good off-season really. Maybe they are slightly improved but I don't think it's unfair to say they've taken a step back like most the "pros" are saying. I do like that really "smart" talking heads like Nick Wright are kicking dirt on them and saying they have the worst backcourt in the Western Conference. I wonder if he knows Paul George plays SG. I know the internet is down on George now, so maybe Wright thinks he's worse than guys like George Hill, Derek White, Eric Bledsoe, Lonzo, Dillon Brooks, Buddy Hield, Tim Hardaway Jr, Caldwell-Pope, Matthews, ect. I like that the Clippers are back to an underdog role and hated that almost every talking head picked them to win it all last year. There are reasons to be cautiously optimistic about the team, but no they haven't had the best off-season by a long shot.
    Yeah Nick Wright is an overly educated idiot, hes one of those stat head figures that doesn't really understand the numbers. Hes the worst kind of analyst, a master of nothing, jack of none. I would be OK if we simply ran it back but getting a better fit at C is definitely an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Yeah Nick Wright is an overly educated idiot, hes one of those stat head figures that doesn't really understand the numbers. Hes the worst kind of analyst, a master of nothing, jack of none. I would be OK if we simply ran it back but getting a better fit at C is definitely an upgrade.
    I agree, I like the roster a little better than last year but I think losing Green without a replacement is a step back. Last year's team was 12 or 13 deep and this team is 9 deep. Hopefully coaching will the biggest improvement because I think the roster is a wash or maybe a little worse from top to bottom.

Didn’t this dude punch a dude in the D in the olympics or some other tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Didn’t this dude punch a dude in the D in the olympics or some other tournament?
    Oh yes the infamous crotch shot. Considering guys don't wear cups in basketball, i don't know how anyone could recover from such an intentional blast down low 🤢

well we get to see if his last few years in charlotte were just cause he didn't care or he really is just that washed.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    well we get to see if his last few years in charlotte were just cause he didn't care or he really is just that washed.
    He's hardly washed up and has one of the sweetest strokes in the gane. Better looking shot than Gordon and their both around the same age.

https://youtu.be/VjFbuA8DYwA

He's just an unselfish player, the crotch shot notwithstanding 🤦.

for having one of the sweetest strokes he sure hasn't shot it very well lately

I've always been a fan of Batum and have though of him as "Iggy light." Love his jack-of-all-trades game and length on defense, but it's hard to know what he's got left in the tank. Maybe signing with a contender and getting past that atrocious contract he was handed will help resurrect his career. Or it won't, and he'll slowly disappear from the league while cashing checks to sit on benches the next 4-5 years.

Either way it's a low-risk, moderate reward move for the Clippers, who recovered a bit from the slow start to the offseason. OP is clearly trolling about them having the best offseason, but I do think they're getting slept on a bit because of a lackluster postseason last year and the coaching change. Nobody should sleep on them. They have Kawhi and George and a stacked 7-8-man rotation that's as strong as any team in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    for having one of the sweetest strokes he sure hasn't shot it very well lately
    Yeah, I was looking at his numbers, and he went from topping 36%+ in five of his first six seasons in the league to shooting below 35% in five of his last six seasons. Not sure what happened to his shot, but it's rare to see a player's shooting decline that significantly in their later years. Usually it's the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Getting Ibaka was huge for you guys. This is not the same Ibaka from OKC or Orlando. In OKC he was all defence and athleticism. In Orlando he was transitioning in to a 3 point shooter and focusing more on the offensive end. The Ibaka you're getting is a combination of both as hes become a well rounded veteran who found a way to put it all together.

- He has a rare and very unique skillset of being able to shoot 3's/ spread the floor & protect the rim. Hes not the shot blocker he use to be, but he can still alter shots, and make it hard to score in the paint as he is still very disruptive in the paint.
    - His mid range jumper and pick and pop game is money. His range from 3 point range is consistent (shot atleast 36% in 5 different seasons)
    - His defence is always consistent, and the guys ability to stay in shape through injuries is impressive. Theres never a time you worry about his conditioning as he can run the floor with the best of them.
    - He also has no ego and will come off the bench behind Zubac no problem. In fact he just had his best season and it was off the bench.
    - You can use him as a 4 or 5 depending on match ups
    - He also plays with a chip on his shoulder, and brings a certain toughness to your team.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 11-30-2020 at 03:09 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast