Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 93 of 124 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1854
    Seems like Isaiah Jackson is being heavily linked to the Knicks also. If they stay put or trade up while still keeping 19 or 21, Iím guessing heís one of the picks.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    This conversation keeps coming up lol. Just like the ďthereís no value in tanking, you can get good players in the late first/2nd roundĒ. Those should be the marketing slogans for this board
    You can get good players late in the 1st early 2nd but the players that change franchises mostly go in the lottery.

The KG's, LeBron, MJ's, D Wade, CP3, Melos, Tim Duncan, etc.

The Butlers and Jokic types are aberrations in comparison to picking Franchise changing talent high in the lottery.

Now you can still get good players late in the 1st but the Hawks are nothing without 5th pick Trae Young that allows 19th pick John Collins to look so good.

If we trade an extra pick to move up and get Duarte I am in as long as the FO believes this is their player. The same for Cooper. We all know we are not drafting four players this year. I am probably one of the few who would like to draft to build instead of who we believe has the greatest upside. God forbid we draft another PF because of upside. Either way I am in. We need a PG we need wings. Just please whoever it is make sure they can shoot, dribble and shoot off the dribble.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Heís not Mikal Bridges and Bridges was also 2 years younger.

My issue isnít Duerte as a player. Youíre right about his skills likely translating. I donít like the idea of trading up for him, which they would have to do. If he falls, I would be completely fine with it.
    Yes but posters used that same age argument against Mikal

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Yes but posters used that same age argument against Mikal
    Youíre right.

Seems like Isaiah Jackson is being heavily linked to the Knicks also. If they stay put or trade up while still keeping 19 or 21, Iím guessing heís one of the picks.
    So the Knicks want their own Jonathan Isaac?
    That would be Isaiah's comparison.

Hopefully Isaiah isn't as injury prone as Isaac.

Isaac is a very good player when healthy but is almost always injured.
    Those 6'10" frames at only 206 lbs are prone to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    So the Knicks want their own Jonathan Isaac?
    That would be Isaiah's comparison.

Hopefully Isaiah isn't as injury prone as Isaac.

Isaac is a very good player when healthy but is almost always injured.
    Those 6'10" frames at only 206 lbs are prone to injury.
    I donít think heís like Isaac. Isaac can shoot and plays on the perimeter. Heís also played both F positions. Jackson is a rim running C.

How about Kai Jones

I donít think heís like Isaac. Isaac can shoot and plays on the perimeter. Heís also played both F positions. Jackson is a rim running C.
    Well that makes it even worse since Isaiah is going to be banging down low with 250+ lbs centers.

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    Well that makes it even worse since Isaiah is going to be banging down low with 250+ lbs centers.
    He would basically be a replacement for Noel. Heís a ridiculous shot blocker. Very light though like you mentioned.

Wassermanís Final Big Board - https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...p-60-prospects

Heís a lot higher/lower on a few players compared to the consensus.

Another Kentucky player with CAA to make it a trifecta is Leon Rose's son his agent?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Thatís a good point. However, that was a 2nd round pick, not a mid-first. Big difference
    True but if you were to trade for Brogdon now how many first rounders would it take to get him ? So you would not trade up to get a player who would give you such value ?

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    True but if you were to trade for Brogdon now how many first rounders would it take to get him ? So you would not trade up to get a player who would give you such value ?
    How many firsts would I trade now? I donít know. Considering his salary, age, and injury history. But itís easy to say now. How many players you think you would trade up for, that pay off?

I would have made him an aggressive offer when he hit RFA, though. I was following that closely, as I thought he would be great here. That S/T was not necessary, Milwaukee had no interest in matching. They only went up in salary after falling flat, and needing to entice Giannis to extend

I really donít see a ton of value in trying to trade up a couple spots at the expense of a first. Iíd much prefer to get higher, or use those picks to trade for a pro, not a pick
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-26-2021 at 11:42 AM.

No idea if warriors would do Randle and Mitch #21 for #7 Wiggins Wiseman. If it happens Knicks could end up with Bouknight Cooper Wiseman RJ IQ Obi young team.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Page 93 of 124 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast