Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 104 of 124 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1854
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Regarding Garuba and Jackson being the two bigs mostly linked to the Knicks, I think I would prefer Kai Jones over both. Part of me wonders if he’s not linked to them because they thought he’d go higher.
    Kai definitely has the crazy offensive upside, but I've been burned too many times before not to prefer the Kentucky guy...

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Every year there are the two or three players that drop out of the lottery and some cry when finally drafted. Hey, ESPN loves drama. Maybe they invite him for the drama of watching him fall out of the range. They going to have a few of those players this year too.
    I’m also talking about how fluid Kai is. He actually handles the ball, is capable of driving and finishing and flashes shooting ability. Jackson does not move as well as him.
    Both are good. Kai is the better athlete, best athlete in the draft. Kai also ran track in HS and has mechanics and balance learned in training to sprint. Both are good players. Kai has poor hands catching the ball but can shoot. I would say both will be good players. I have the Knicks taking him at 19 if Murphy or Duarte are not available. 21 I am thinking Mann/Butler or a wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Kai definitely has the crazy offensive upside, but I've been burned too many times before not to prefer the Kentucky guy...
    Very true.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Jacksons athletism is in the top top tier for bigs. Id take Jackson. When he jumps in the air to block shots, it looks like he pauses in the air. hes so light on his feet too, he gets up without any effort in a instant.

I haven't watched enough if Kai to say much about him, but if thibs likes shot blocking as much as I think he does, I think Jackson would be the preferred choice.
    Yeah Jackson has a lot of potential, especially as a defender. He has some potential on the offensive end too. He gets those easy dunks like Mitch, but he has that short midrange shot, and he can put the ball on the floor. He’s a steal at where we’re picking.

If they say if we stay at 19 and 21 we will pick Butler and Jackson then that is who we will have on the team next year. Scott Perry has never traded up in the draft and will not start now. I am expecting to be at the bottom half of the league offensively again next year.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    If they say if we stay at 19 and 21 we will pick Butler and Jackson then that is who we will have on the team next year. Scott Perry has never traded up in the draft and will not start now. I am expecting to be at the bottom half of the league offensively again next year.
    Didn’t we trade up last year?

Butler helps a lot in that regard. I would consider that a good draft. Do that and add Lonzo and they may be a middle of the pack offense instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Didn’t we trade up last year?
    They did.

Butler helps a lot in that regard. I would consider that a good draft. Do that and add Lonzo and they may be a middle of the pack offense instead.
    From what I’ve been looking into, I like Butler a lot. I’d be very happy with him

Oregon guard Chris Duarte is not anticipated to fall beyond the No. 15 pick in Thursday’s upcoming NBA draft, per J. Michael of the Indianapolis Star. For the 2020/21 season, the 6’6″ Duarte was named to the All-Pac-12 First Team and the All-Defensive Team.
    6’4″ LSU shooting guard Cameron Thomas, expected to be a first-round selection in the upcoming draft, has thus far worked out for the Pacers, Warriors, Hornets, Grizzlies, Hawks, Knicks and Lakers, according to Chase Hughes of NBC Sports Washington (via Twitter). Hughes adds (Twitter link) that Thomas is also set to work out for the Wizards July 27. Thomas was a 2020/21 All-SEC selection.

Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    Yeah Jackson has a lot of potential, especially as a defender. He has some potential on the offensive end too. He gets those easy dunks like Mitch, but he has that short midrange shot, and he can put the ball on the floor. He’s a steal at where we’re picking.
    yeah hes shown he has the ability to put the ball down and shoot it or get to the rim, he looks pretty natural doing it too, hes just not consistent at it yet.

Its a big stretch to think for sure he will become a really good offensive center, but he has shown he has the tools, but for sure he will be a defensive juggernaut.

They did.
    Oh yea they traded up to trade back. LMAO. Your right they traded up to trade back to take someone they could have taken without trading at all. That was pretty slick.

Oh yea they traded up to trade back. LMAO. Your right they traded up to trade back to take someone they could have taken without trading at all. That was pretty slick.
    In the end they netted extra picks and finished with two higher picks than what they started with. That was pretty slick honestly.

No one knows if we could of got that player had we sat still, and it doesn't matter, because they identified a player they thought was under valued, and they wanted him, and got him and lost nothing of value.

Thats a damn good job.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    No one knows if we could of got that player had we sat still, and it doesn't matter, because they identified a player they thought was under valued, and they wanted him, and got him and lost nothing of value.

Thats a damn good job.
    Agreed. IQ looks like an absolute steal regardless of whether or not they could have gotten him later.

There was also a report that a team was going to take him a few picks later so he wasn’t going to make it to the second round.

Also, they received extra picks while ending up with two higher picks than what they started with. I’ve honestly never seen an NBA team maneuver the board like that.