Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 102 of 124 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1854
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Ok. We couldn’t use a smart player that defends, put up 5 assists a game, and shot 47/40.
    I didn't say we couldn't use him.

I said hes not special, hes just a roleplayer, he will never be anything more than what he is, because he doesn't have the athletism or skill for it.

On a good team Haliburton is a 5th option at best, roleplayer. Hes a good player, but not special.

Building NBA teams is about finding ways to be special, not about building a roster of a solid role-players. You want guys that make your team different, that bring mismatches, and cause headaches. Get those guys first, and than get your role-players.

That's why teams dont draft those guys in the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Jackson will be one of the best shot blockers in the nba one day.

But LMAO this forum would melt down if we drafted him. If we draft him Mitch is gone.

It would not surprise me one bit, if thats what we do either. Id be fine with that tbh.
    I actually like this approach and it has nothing to do with Mitch. I just think the C position is going the way of RBs in the NFL.

I would view Jackson or whoever the C is that they draft as insurance in case Mitch costs too much. I don’t the player would be a guaranteed replacement.

I didn't say we couldn't use him.

I said hes not special, hes just a roleplayer, he will never be anything more than what he is, because he doesn't have the athletism or skill for it.

On a good team Haliburton is a 5th option at best, roleplayer. Hes a good player, but not special.

Building NBA teams is about finding ways to be special, not about building a roster of a solid role-players. You want guys that make your team different, that bring mismatches, and cause headaches. Get those guys first, and than get your role-players.

That's why teams dont draft those guys in the top 10.
    BS. I watched him play plenty. He was getting his shot off just fine, even off the dribble. He created his own shot plenty, things you didn’t think he could do. The year he had would have been great for us, not one person would have said “should have never taken him so high”. 100% would have taken him over Obi.

That shooting is pretty special for a rookie, as is his feel for the game
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-26-2021 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I actually like this approach and it has nothing to do with Mitch. I just think the C position is going the way of RBs in the NFL.

I would view Jackson or whoever the C is that they draft as insurance in case Mitch costs too much. I don’t the player would be a guaranteed replacement.
    Not sure why anyone would be upset with Jackson (or Kai Jones). We need a backup C, and can't be using precious cap space on that.

I just hope that if we do plan to draft Jackson (with 19 or 21), then we need to keep the other pick instead of trading both to move up. We need to add a wing/guard no matter what.

Yeah, also, if teams are going after all the skill guys early, and we can grab an elite shot blocking super athletic center because of that, we may as well do that rather than settle on average talent of a different position.

I mean really, Jackson would be rated WAY higher in drafts 4 or more years ago. We wouldn't have any shot at him in years past.

Taj is old, Mitch may not be here, and the other dude could be gone too.

Also, we dont have any players who are really in the Elite category at anything they do. Jackson could become one of those guys. You need guys who are special in what they do to build a real contender.

2020-21 NCAA Scouting Thread

[QUOTE=YankeeFanAlways;34026204]
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    That is literally the only combo I would be upset with. Based on what we know I just can’t imagine why they would take Garuba instead of Lewis and I think Murphy is too one dimensional. both guys seemed to overvalued based on some defensive versatility to me

Who is Lewis ???
    Sorry meant Kai Jones and thought of Kira Lewis from last year for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Haliburton is a very good role player. However anyone would anyone be shocked if Butler, Mann, or some like Hyland or McBride turns out as good as Haliburton ? For me Tre Mann is my choice and he or Butler can give us what Haliburton provides. This draft is deep, let me even dare say it, maybe Luca Vildoza can give us what Haliburton provides. Put your knives down Haliburton fans you know it might be true. So give me Tre Mann or Butler at 21 and Murphy at 15-19 even if we have to add pick 32. Then in the second round we trade up from 58 with cash and Knox for 31 for Wieskamp. Haha we trade Knox to the Bucks and he turns into Giannani 2.0 If we pass at point guard in the draft team is high on Luca and getting a point with a trade or in free agency. Then take a wing with 21 and maybe even Cam Thomas.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 07-26-2021 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Not sure why anyone would be upset with Jackson (or Kai Jones). We need a backup C, and can't be using precious cap space on that.

I just hope that if we do plan to draft Jackson (with 19 or 21), then we need to keep the other pick instead of trading both to move up. We need to add a wing/guard no matter what.
    Agreed. You and I are completely on the same page with this draft.

I lean towards the three guards I keep mentioning over the wings because of on the ball ability and self creation (along with shooting outside of Cooper). You’d just add Mann into that mix, which is fine.
    Last edited by smood999; 07-26-2021 at 08:28 PM.

As long as we also get a guard/wing that can score and shoot, it’s fine using the other pick on a big

Need to get that though

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Every year there are the two or three players that drop out of the lottery and some cry when finally drafted. Hey, ESPN loves drama. Maybe they invite him for the drama of watching him fall out of the range. They going to have a few of those players this year too.
    This draft has so many options, can't really go wrong. Lots of talent and possibilities. Are people begining to appreciate the opprtunities. It's a very deep draft. I am very optimistic. We are going to have to be really dumb to mess it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    BS. I watched him play plenty. He was getting his shot off just fine, even off the dribble. He created his own shot plenty, things you didn’t think he could do. The year he had would have been great for us, not one person would have said “should have never taken him so high”. 100% would have taken him over Obi.

That shooting is pretty special for a rookie, as is his feel for the game
    He was what I expected him to be for the most part. He got his shot off in a lot of games that didn't matter, but when playoff contending teams wanted that win bad, and stepped up on him, he wasn't doing much.

Thats why nba stats are so garbage. You can play for a bad team and the opposing team doesn't care to play defense until the game is almost over, meanwhile you blow up the stat sheet.

I was the first poster here to bring up haliburton as a player I liked, and said he was undervalued when at the time he was projected to be a late teens pick. I rated him a mid teens pick and said Id be happy to take him there.

I like Halliburton, but hes not the player some of you guys think he is. The regular season is nothing like the playoffs, those stats a guy like Halliburton gets in the regular season he won't sniff in playoffs.

I lean towards the three guards I keep mentioning over the wings because of on the ball ability and self creation. You’d just add Mann into that mix, which is fine.
    Agreed, and yes I'd prefer the guards to the wings for sure. I actually see Cam, Butler, and maybe even Mann as wings in a sense, so that's why I referred to both.

He was what I expected him to be for the most part. He got his shot off in a lot of games that didn't matter, but when playoff contending teams wanted that win bad, and stepped up on him, he wasn't doing much.

Thats why nba stats are so garbage. You can play for a bad team and the opposing team doesn't care to play defense until the game is almost over, meanwhile you blow up the stat sheet.

I was the first poster here to bring up haliburton as a player I liked, and said he was undervalued when at the time he was projected to be a late teens pick. I rated him a mid teens pick and said Id be happy to take him there.

I like Halliburton, but hes not the player some of you guys think he is. The regular season is nothing like the playoffs, those stats a guy like Halliburton gets in the regular season he won't sniff in playoffs.
    We’ll see. Personally, I wanted nothing to do with Obi. Still haven’t seen anything that makes me think otherwise. There’s zero reason then, or today, that makes me feel differently

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post

I dont think this front office sees it the way a lot of us do.

We all look at the draft and look at players of position of need. But this staff isn't doing that. I'm sure they would love to draft ace 3 point shooters and pgs, but they showed last year they won't chase a position, and take a player of lesser talent over a player of better talent, just because the position or skill is needed.

This team isn't a finished product by any means, so getting elite players is what's most important right now, not filling positions. A lot of these guys you saw last season you be hear for very long, so drafting for need makes no sense.

I dont think this front office sees it the way a lot of us do.

We all look at the draft and look at players of position of need. But this staff isn't doing that. I'm sure they would love to draft ace 3 point shooters and pgs, but they showed last year they won't chase a position, and take a player of lesser talent over a player of better talent, just because the position or skill is needed.

This team isn't a finished product by any means, so getting elite players is what's most important right now, not filling positions. A lot of these guys you saw last season you be hear for very long, so drafting for need makes no sense.
    Finished product or not, you can never have enough shooters/scorers. Or guys to match up against them

Most other teams seem to know this

Also, what are the odds of getting elite guys where we pick? I don’t think you go into the pick with that thinking, necessarily
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-26-2021 at 08:38 PM.