Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 101 of 124 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1854

2020-21 NCAA Scouting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    I know tankathon is not an authority on draftees but the list Garuba as a PF. Strengths age and steals. Negatives Points, FTA rate, FG%, Fouls, Blocks and TS%. Why would we be interested in drafting him again?
    He’s switchable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

SI did their 6.0 Mock today.
    19 Isaiah Jackson
    21 Garuba
    32 Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Excuse me, a top 10 pick, or top 5 which everyone here projected. Top 10 pick is what I meant. Everyone swore he would be a top 5-10 pick, He wasn't, because there is nothing remotely special about him.
    Take the L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Nah everyone last year was saying Haliburton was locked into the top 10 and most said top 5, but dont matter much at this point. Was just proving a point that all the top 10 projections were wrong, and the rumors to GS were wrong.

And I expect the same story for Duarte.
    I agree Duarte isn’t a top 10 pick. I don’t even want the Knicks to trade up for him.

[QUOTE=ewing;34026178]Take the L

Thank You ewing

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I agree Duarte isn’t a top 10 pick. I don’t even want the Knicks to trade up for him.
    Why didn't you just say that in the first place lol

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    SI did their 6.0 Mock today.
    19 Isaiah Jackson
    21 Garuba
    32 Cooper
    ESPN has something similar, but Garuba and Kai Jones. It will be ridiculous if they draft two bigs. Cam (or Murphy, Duarte, Butler, Mann, etc.), Garuba (or Jackson or Jones) and Cooper makes sense.

Why didn't you just say that in the first place lol
    Because we weren’t talking top 10. You said lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Because we weren’t talking top 10. You said lottery.
    got it, also not to mention he's 25....

Obi was old too, but he has elite athletic and size traits, which gives him much more upside, and also has the possibility to become a really good shooter which would sky rocket his nba value.

Duarte has none if that and is a finished product at this point. I just dont see top 10, I still dont see top 15, even 20 is a stretch.

but there's always a chance a win now team could take him because he fits their timeline of win now. But I dont see any rebuilding team taking him in the top 25.
    Last edited by TakeAnotherL; 07-26-2021 at 07:46 PM.

Nah everyone last year was saying Haliburton was locked into the top 10 and most said top 5, but dont matter much at this point. Was just proving a point that all the top 10 projections were wrong, and the rumors to GS were wrong.

And I expect the same story for Duarte.
    He should have been…

We should have taken him

12. Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    He should have been…

We should have taken him
    I don't agree, Hes a roleplayer and nothing more.

Obi even though I hated the pick can be a really good mismatch player, can bring high energy off the bench, who can outrun any big up and down the court, get easy dunks, and Hopefully become a knock down shooter. His upside has way more value than what Halliburton is, which is a roleplayer who can stuff some stats, but really isn't good enough to be counted on to do anything more than that.

Now if Obi doesn't reach his upside obviously Halliburton would of been the better pick, but as I said before, teams want more than just a solid player in the top 10.

[QUOTE=ewing;34026051]That is literally the only combo I would be upset with. Based on what we know I just can’t imagine why they would take Garuba instead of Lewis and I think Murphy is too one dimensional. both guys seemed to overvalued based on some defensive versatility to me

Who is Lewis ???

Jackson has been a constant. First time seeing Butler.

If we’re keeping track:

Jackson
    Garuba
    Butler
    Murphy
    Duarte
    Thomas

Murphy and Duarte might go higher so if they don’t trade up, that could potentially leave:

Jackson
    Garuba
    Butler
    Thomas

I haven’t bought into this, but Garuba, Jackson and Thomas are all CAA, with Jackson being a Kentucky player and Garuba’s agent being Rose’s son.[/QUOTE]

Jackson will be one of the best shot blockers in the nba one day.

But LMAO this forum would melt down if we drafted him. If we draft him Mitch is gone.

It would not surprise me one bit, if thats what we do either. Id be fine with that tbh.

I don't agree, Hes a roleplayer and nothing more.

Obi even though I hated the pick can be a really good mismatch player, can bring high energy off the bench, who can outrun any big up and down the court, get easy dunks, and Hopefully become a knock down shooter. His upside has way more value than what Halliburton is, which is a roleplayer who can stuff some stats, but really isn't good enough to be counted on to do anything more than that.

Now if Obi doesn't reach his upside obviously Halliburton would of been the better pick, but as I said before, teams want more than just a solid player in the top 10.
    Ok. We couldn’t use a smart player that defends, put up 5 assists a game, and shot 47/40, as a rookie. If we had him right now, we wouldn’t be so thirsty for guards. He would be starting at one if the spots right now
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-26-2021 at 08:04 PM.