Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 100 of 124 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1854
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Second rnd was overdoing it, but he shouldn't be a lottery pick.

He does not have nba lottery pick athletism.

He's really really slow, when he puts the ball down, it looks like hes moving in slow motion. So yeah, it could make sense GS wants him bad because he won't have to do that much there, but most other teams aren't drafting that high, and willing to take a below average athlete.

I don't know why you keep bringing up projections, as if they haven't been constantly wrong in the past.
    Yes they are wrong, but they are rarely ever wrong to the point where a player is projected in the lottery and almost makes it to the second round. Also, him being invited says something since the NBA tries to invite players that wonít be sitting in the green room for long. Itís embarrassing to the player and they try to avoid it which is why NBA teams collectively vote on invites based on their rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Whether itís GS or some other team, he will be drafted late lottery or close to it.

He was invited to the draft, which means the NBA as a whole considers him a top-20 player. Not only is it ďout thereĒ NBA teams kinda confirmed it as well.

Regardless, the point is he will not even sniff the second round and he might not even be there when the Knicks pick at 19.
    Every year there are the two or three players that drop out of the lottery and some cry when finally drafted. Hey, ESPN loves drama. Maybe they invite him for the drama of watching him fall out of the range. They going to have a few of those players this year too.

2020-21 NCAA Scouting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    I was joking about Garuba cause Leon Roses son is his agent. Murphy, is the man. Geezus did your girlfriend leave you for him or something ??? Listen to the NBA skills trainor breakdown his game. But anyway, we shall see. Don't make me rub it in your face for years when Murphy is good. Don't make me do it !!!! I will lol
    Honestly why is he the man? What does he do other then catch and shoot open 3s and be switchable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Every year there are the two or three players that drop out of the lottery and some into the second round. Hey, ESPN loves drama. Maybe they invite him for the drama of watching him fall out of the range. They going to have a few of those players this year too.
    It happens, but itís not that common.

I think Iím going to say Duarte, Thomas, Springer, or Cooper would all be nice picks for us. If we hit on one of those first, I could definitely see getting one of the PF/C. I wouldnít, though

Every year there are the two or three players that drop out of the lottery and some cry when finally drafted. Hey, ESPN loves drama. Maybe they invite him for the drama of watching him fall out of the range. They going to have a few of those players this year too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Honestly why is he the man? What does he do other then catch and shoot open 3s and be switchable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not going on about it. You don't like him and I do. Let the NBA games make our points.

Yes they are wrong, but they are rarely ever wrong to the point where a player is projected in the lottery and almost makes it to the second round. Also, him being invited says something since the NBA tries to invite players that wonít be sitting in the green room for long. Itís embarrassing to the player and they try to avoid it which is why NBA teams collectively vote on invites based on their rankings.
    I'm agreeing he won't make it to the second round. But I don't see a lottery player.

I also have spent almost no time paying attention to the draft or the prospects this year so maybe in this draft he has more value. But generally, you dont see guys like him in the lottery.

To me he's more like a Saddiq Bey, or Haliburton type, 2 non lottery picks but good players.

I said I wanted us to draft Bey and that he belongs in the lottery above a lot of guys but I also said he wouldn't get drafted there because he doesn't have the lottery level athletism teams want, and I said Halliburton wouldn't be a lottery pick either even though everyone projected him in the lottery, because he didn't have the athletism or skills teams want in the lottery.

Teams aren't looking for good players in the lottery usually, they want players who can be special at something. They want something special. And thats not Duarte, just like it wasn't Bey, or Halliburton.

I'm agreeing he won't make it to the second round. But I don't see a lottery player.

I also have spent almost no time paying attention to the draft or the prospects this year so maybe in this draft he has more value. But generally, you dont see guys like him in the lottery.

To me he's more like a Saddiq Bey, or Haliburton type, 2 non lottery picks but good players.

I said I wanted us to draft Bey and that he belongs in the lottery above a lot of guys but I also said he wouldn't get drafted there because he doesn't have the lottery level athletism teams want, and I said Halliburton wouldn't be a lottery pick either even though everyone projected him in the lottery, because he didn't have the athletism or skills teams want in the lottery.

Teams aren't looking for good players in the lottery usually, they want players who can be special at something. They want something special. And thats not Duarte, just like it wasn't Bey, or Halliburton.
    Haliburton was a lottery pick.

I know tankathon is not an authority on draftees but the list Garuba as a PF. Strengths age and steals. Negatives Points, FTA rate, FG%, Fouls, Blocks and TS%. Why would we be interested in drafting him again?

Excuse me, a top 10 pick, or top 5 which everyone here projected. Top 10 pick is what I meant. Everyone swore he would be a top 5-10 pick, He wasn't, because there is nothing remotely special about him.

Haliburton was a lottery pick.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    I know tankathon is not an authority on draftees but the list Garuba as a PF. Strengths age and steals. Negatives Points, FTA rate, FG%, Fouls, Blocks and TS%. Why would we be interested in drafting him again?
    Didn't you know Scott Perry is the GM and his history of collecting PFs lol

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

2021 NBA Draft Q&A: Intel from Lead Draft Analyst Matt Babcock

The 2021 NBA Draft is coming, rumors are flying and basketball fans are anxiously awaiting where the next generation will land Thursday night.

Draft week has already begun to take off. The New Orleans Pelicans and Memphis Grizzlies reportedly agreed on a layered trade that should only mark the beginning of a chaotic few days.

BasketballNews.com Lead Draft Analyst Matt Babcock recently updated his 2021 NBA Mock Draft with some of his latest predictions and intel. Babcock and his draft team have been full-throttle in recent weeks, so in order to learn more about what went into his predictions, we dug a little deeper to get a pulse on the league ahead of Thursday night.

Below are Babcock's latest insights:

Cade Cunningham has been the public favorite to go No. 1 to the Detroit Pistons since the lottery. While Detroit is surely doing its due diligence, is there any reason to doubt that Cunningham will be the first name we hear on Thursday night?

Matt Babcock: I expect Cade Cunningham to be the top overall pick in this draft, selected by the Detroit Pistons. However, Iíve been told that the Houston Rockets and Oklahoma City Thunder have been knocking the Pistonsí door down. Rumor has it that the Thunder offered the No. 6 pick and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander in exchange for No. 1 -- the Pistons declined. If the Pistons receive an offer better than that one, they may need to seriously consider it.

Scottie Barnes has moved up to No. 4 in your latest mock draft, breaking through what is generally considered to be a four-player top tier of Cunningham, Evan Mobley, Jalen Green and Jalen Suggs. What inspired you to make that change?

Babcock: Scottie Barnesí draft stock seems to be at an all-time high. There's a lot of buzz swirling around that heíll be going to either the Toronto Raptors at No. 4 or Orlando Magic at No. 5. Iím not completely convinced that Barnes will end up in Toronto at No. 4; however, itís what I decided to go with for now.

Another thing worth noting is that Iíve heard Toronto is very high on Evan Mobley, who I do not think will be available at No. 4. I could see a trade between Toronto and either Houston or the Cleveland Cavaliers making sense.

Josh Giddey, Alperen Sengun and Usman Garuba headline the draft's international class. What do you see their respective ranges being?

Babcock: Josh Giddey from Australia seems to be a hot commodity right now. I have been told that Golden State likes him at No. 7, but that the Warriors are supposedly being assertive on the trade market.

I had heard that the Memphis Grizzlies and Houston were teams that could move into the lottery in an effort to select Giddey. Memphis just struck a deal with New Orleans, which now gives them the No. 10 pick. Subsequently, I do not see Giddey getting out of the top 10, much less the lottery.

Alperen Sengun seems to be in a very good situation. Iíve heard his name being suggested as an option for teams picking as high as No. 8, which is Orlandoís pick. Iíve also heard his name linked to the Charlotte Hornets at No. 11, San Antonio Spurs at No. 12, and Oklahoma City Thunder at No. 16. Itís looking as if Sengun's chances of being taken in the lottery are pretty high.

Although maybe not ranked quite as high as Sengun overall, Usman Garuba is also generating a lot of interest from teams. His name has been linked to the New York Knicks as well as Houston.

One interesting note with Garuba: Iíve been told that his buyout with Real Madrid is for $3 million, which is just ungodly. It doesnít sound as if it is going to limit teams from selecting him; however, a large bulk of that buyout will have to come out of Garubaís own pocket, which just doesnít seem fair.

What prospects are elevating their status from the second round to the first round?

Babcock: The pre-draft process has been kind to both Josh Primo from Alabama and Nah'Shon Bones Hyland from VCU, as both have put themselves smack dab in the middle of discussions among teams selecting in the twenties. I would not be surprised to hear one or both of their names called by NBA Commissioner Adam Silver in the first round.

What prospects are seeing their draft stock slip in the closing weeks?

Babcock: Jonathan Kuminga was widely reported as a projected top-5 pick for most of the year; however, itís looking like there is a strong possibility that he goes either No. 7 or No. 8 overall now. Two other names that could potentially slip a little bit are Jalen Johnson from Duke and Sharife Cooper from Auburn.

Five teams (Oklahoma City, Orlando, Golden State, New York and Houston) currently own multiple first-round picks. Do you expect movement from any of these squads?

Babcock: There has been so much trade chatter this year among those teams, but most of the other teams, too. I fully expect there to be a ton of movement prior to, or during, this yearís draft.

Baylor's Jared Butler was recently cleared by the NBA's Fitness-to-Play panel. Now that he has been cleared, what do you anticipate his range to be?

Babcock: One thing to keep in mind is that being cleared by the NBAís Fitness-to-Play panel is completely different from being cleared by each teamís doctors. Iím absolutely hoping for the best for Butler, but I donít think he is completely out of the woods, as I still think itís more than possible that he could be medically red-flagged by some teams.

However, a rumor that I hope to be true, for Butlerís sake, is that the Thunder have their eyes set on Butler with the No. 18 pick.

Have any franchises been particularly tough to get a read on in the pre-draft process?

Babcock: Typically, gathering information about the San Antonio Spursí intentions is comparable to breaking into Fort Knox. This year is not any different.
    https://www.basketballnews.com/stori...mors-offseason

Excuse me, a top 10 pick, or top 5 which everyone here projected. Top 10 pick is what I meant. Everyone swore he would be a top 5-10 pick, He wasn't, because there is nothing remotely special about him.
    He went 12. Thatís not far off from 10 and when we say lottery pick, weíre referring to top-14, not top-5 or 10 specifically. So if someone was arguing with you about that, thatís what they meant.
    Last edited by smood999; 07-26-2021 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    I'm not sure why you feel this way because Cooper is a very quick athlete. In fact that is one of his strengths.
    He has a very quick first step and has zero problems getting ahead of defenders.

Cooper just isn't much of a vertical athlete but neither are guys like Trae Young.
    Yeah I forgot that lottery isn't top 10, which in my mind is what it is.

In any case, You dont see players with little upside going top 10, is the main point I was trying to make. In the top 10 teams want more than a solid player, which is what Duarte projects to at best.

Duarte might be a lottery pick. He wonít even come close to the second round.
    He went 12. Thatís not far off from 10 and when we say lottery pick, weíre referring to top-14, not top-5 or 10 specifically.

He went 12. Thatís not far off from 10 and when we say lottery pick, weíre referring to top-14, not top-5 or 10 specifically. So if someone was arguing with you about that, thatís what they meant.
    Nah everyone last year was saying Haliburton was locked into the top 10 and most said top 5, but dont matter much at this point. Was just proving a point that all the top 10 projections were wrong, and the rumors to GS were wrong.

And I expect the same story for Duarte.