Follow us on Twitter

Page 81 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1854
    1:04 mark - pretty convincing argument for Cooper

https://www.thestrick.land/podcasts/...gg-6wj6a-bp9r7

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    1:04 mark - pretty convincing argument for Cooper

https://www.thestrick.land/podcasts/...gg-6wj6a-bp9r7
    didn't hear anything on Cooper at that point or why to be convinced?

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    didn't hear anything on Cooper at that point or why to be convinced?
    Keep listening. 01:06:00 is when he really gets into it. I hope you didn’t start at the one minute and four seconds mark lol. It was meant to me one hour and four minutes.
    Last edited by smood999; 07-24-2021 at 02:06 PM.

is Cooper a better prospect than a guy like Jennings was?

Keep listening. 01:06:00 is when he really gets into it. I hope you didn’t start at the one minute and four seconds mark lol. It was meant to me one hour and four minutes.
    got it gave up at 1:05 lol kicked in after.

Still has a big if? Actually can't listen to these guys too much lol

Cooper is going to go earlier than 19, he has too much talent with his ball handling and floor leadership and quickness.

He is a more conservative Rod Strickland to me. He has Ja level talent without the vertical leaping ability.

I know this if you get Coop you better run the floor i see lots of transition baskets that we were poor at last year.

He has lots of Sexton ability and if he develops a more productive shot then he's a steal.

July 24th, 2021 at 11:55am CST by Dana Gauruder
    Potential late lottery pick Sharife Cooper has been making the rounds. He’s worked out for the Thunder, Rockets, Warriors, Lakers, Clippers and Celtics, Adam Zagoria of the New York Times tweets. As previously, Cooper has worked out for the Hornets and has also visited the Pacers. The Auburn point guard is currently ranked No. 17 overall on ESPN’s Best Available list.

funny thing about players moving up, someone has to drop lol

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    No comparison in terms of feel, being able to see things others just can’t, and then being able to make the play on top of that. Cooper potentially could be in a class with guys like CP3, Young and the Ball brothers when it comes to that.

Not saying he is those guys, but they all share that special ability and just overall creativity with the ball. That’s why at worst I think he’ll be a good backup if the shot never comes along.

Jennings could make the fancy passes but not sure if he read the game the same.

If Cooper were 3 inches taller or just a better shooter, he’d easily be a top 5 pick. I think Sam Vecenie put it best - if you believe in his shot, you should have him ranked near the top of the draft. If you don’t, then he’s in the 20-30 range.

The situation is similar to LaMelo last year and why he didn’t go number 1. The difference is he’s 6’8” and Cooper is only 6’1”/6’2”.

I think in the late teens/early 20’s he’s as good of a bet as any.
    Last edited by smood999; 07-24-2021 at 02:37 PM.

Cooper is going to go earlier than 19, he has too much talent with his ball handling and floor leadership and quickness.

He is a more conservative Rod Strickland to me. He has Ja level talent without the vertical leaping ability.

I know this if you get Coop you better run the floor i see lots of transition baskets that we were poor at last year.

He has lots of Sexton ability and if he develops a more productive shot then he's a steal.
    Rod Strickland is a good comparison. Rod Strickland was a fringe All Star then. He would be an absolute All Star now.
    Last edited by smood999; 07-24-2021 at 02:43 PM.

July 24th, 2021 at 11:55am CST by Dana Gauruder
    Potential late lottery pick Sharife Cooper has been making the rounds. He’s worked out for the Thunder, Rockets, Warriors, Lakers, Clippers and Celtics, Adam Zagoria of the New York Times tweets. As previously, Cooper has worked out for the Hornets and has also visited the Pacers. The Auburn point guard is currently ranked No. 17 overall on ESPN’s Best Available list.
    It’s good that the Knicks have been so tight-lipped when it comes to who they’ve worked out, but it also stinks because I’m constantly wondering if they’ve brought him in.

We know they were at his pro day but that’s about it. Most of the workouts that I’ve seen for the Knicks have been guys projected to go in the second round and then Duarte, Mann, Murphy and Jackson. Surely there are a lot of others that we don’t know about.

No comparison in terms of feel, being able to see things others just can’t, and then being able to make the play on top of that. Cooper potentially could be in a class with guys like CP3, Young and the Ball brothers when it comes to that.

Not saying he is those guys, but they all share that special ability and just overall creativity with the ball. That’s why at worst I think he’ll be a good backup if the shot never comes along.

Jennings could make the fancy passes but not sure if he read the game the same.

If Cooper were 3 inches taller or just a better shooter, he’d easily be a top 5 pick. I think Sam Vecenie put it best - if you believe in his shot, you should have him ranked near the top of the draft. If you don’t, then he’s in the 20-30 range.

The situation is similar to LaMelo last year and why he didn’t go number 1. The difference is he’s 6’8” and Cooper is only 6’1”/6’2”.

I think in the late teens/early 20’s he’s as good of a bet as any.
    well Cooper is definitely attainable, seems like he's a late lotto guy at best. our picks should be able to get us around 12-15th/ but we shall see, i thought LaMelo was there for the taking last year too.

2020-21 NCAA Scouting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Idk Jennings went 10 despite “character issues” and was a pretty good player. At his best Jennings was very good passing, scoring, and a pesty defender. I think held himself back more then anything. If he is as good a prospect as Jennings was we should take him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 07-24-2021 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Warriors working out prospects who will be available when Knicks pick maybe we will trade for there #7 or #14 pick.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    Possibly 14, doubt we have the assets to move up to 7...But if we didd that would put Bouknight and Mitchell in our wheelhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Idk Jennings went 10 despite “character issues” and was a pretty good player. At his best Jennings was very good passing, scoring, and pesty defender. I think held himself back more then anything. If he is as good a prospect as Jennings was we should take him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did you ever think that Jennings had that level of feel though? All the PG skills and athleticism you’d want, but that’s where I thought he was lacking.

Agreed that if Cooper is the same level of prospect or better he should be the pick.

Page 81 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast