Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 68 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1854
    Isaiah Jackson seems like a nice Noel replacement.

And thereís the Kentucky connection of course.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Iím behind on the draft this year. Someone who is catching my eye in our range so far is Cameron Thomas from LSU. His shooting %s are low, but he got to the FT line a ton (7.6 FTA) and shot 88% and scored 23 PPG as a 19 year old freshman. Heís got a smooth jumper with a high release and can get his own. Seems to have solid size/length for the 2.
    Iím pretty sure they promised him at 21!

Jonathan Macri
    @JCMacriNBA

1h
    According to a league source, the Knicks have several notable players in for a workout today, incl. fast rising UVA wing Trey Murphy III, Florida G Tre Mann & Kentucky C Isaiah Jackson.

Murphy & Jackson are on the short list for the final 2 spots in the Green Room next Thursday

2020-21 NCAA Scouting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Jonathan Macri
    @JCMacriNBA

1h
    According to a league source, the Knicks have several notable players in for a workout today, incl. fast rising UVA wing Trey Murphy III, Florida G Tre Mann & Kentucky C Isaiah Jackson.

Murphy & Jackson are on the short list for the final 2 spots in the Green Room next Thursday
    At a glance I donít really care for Murphy (low motor catch and shoot guy) or Jackson (high motor project). I know very little about either though. Out of those 3 Man is my guy bc of his creation. Iím sure I could be totally wrong though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 07-20-2021 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Isaiah Jackson seems like a nice Noel replacement.

And thereís the Kentucky connection of course.
    I keep reading that he can be had as late as the Knicks 32 pick. I would certainly entertain that pick if its to replace Noel on the cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    At a glance I donít really care for Murphy (low motor catch and shoot guy) or Jackson (high motor project). I know very little about either though. Out of those 3 Man is my guy bc of his creation. Iím sure I could be totally wrong though

Murphy has a low motor ? Never came across that appraisal.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 07-20-2021 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    I keep reading that he can be had as late as the Knicks 32 pick. I would certainly entertain that pick if its to replace Noel on the cheap.
    Very small chance of that. He's been invited to the green room to attend the draft. That means other NBA teams perceive his draft stock as top 20ish.

I would be very happy with Jackson at 19 or 21, assuming we stay put. Like Stuna said, he's a good Noel replacement, and he plays very similar to Mitch and Noel. He needs to develop better IQ, but I think Thibs and Kenny Payne can handle that.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksballers View Post
    What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Very small chance of that. He's been invited to the green room to attend the draft. That means other NBA teams perceive his draft stock as top 20ish.

I would be very happy with Jackson at 19 or 21, assuming we stay put. Like Stuna said, he's a good Noel replacement, and he plays very similar to Mitch and Noel. He needs to develop better IQ, but I think Thibs and Kenny Payne can handle that.
    Yeah I donít see that happening either. He seems like a lock to be a solid and cheap rotation player for us. Thatís good value at 19 or 21.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Murphy has a low motor ? Never came across that appraisal.
    Havenít watched a lot. He doesnít seem to be an activity guy to me though.

I thinks itís bc he is flat footed a lot. His hops seem surprising. Could mean nothing but he doesnít have happy feet

Last edited by ewing; 07-20-2021 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Havenít watched a lot. He doesnít seem to be an activity guy to me though.

I thinks itís bc he is flat footed a lot. His hops seem surprising. Could mean nothing but he doesnít have happy feet

I have read and heard the opposite about his defense. He is seemingly a very high energy player. Just does not create his own shot. His shooting is elite. His measurables too. Might be what we hoped Knox would be.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksballers View Post
    Link?

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    I have read and heard the opposite about his defense. He is seemingly a very high energy player. Just does not create his own shot. His shooting is elite. His measurables too. Might be what we hoped Knox would be.
    We expected Knox to be like KD lol. Unfortunately he was way more raw than our scouts understood, and doesn't care much about basketball.

Measurement wise, athleticism wise, shooting ability wise, he has a lot of untapped talent. But hes just not a baller.l

OKC has three picks in front of the Knicks.....wonder if they can move up and get #16

they have 6, 16, 18, 34, 36 they are not going to use all 5 now are they?

no idea if it helps or what it would take

Kemba Walker has a player option for 2022, yes he will make 37m but he may look to get more years and opt out.

One would think OKC would love to lose that 36m next season they traded everything else and Alexander is their highest paid player at 5.5m wow has that every happened lol...

Knicks always liked Kemba, not sure about the gamble in 2022 but that could get us the 16th pick in a deal?

FYI i always liked Kemba. He's 31 so more likely not wanting to wait after 2022 season at 33 for his next contract.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    OKC has three picks in front of the Knicks.....wonder if they can move up and get #16

they have 6, 16, 18, 34, 36 they are not going to use all 5 now are they?

no idea if it helps or what it would take

Kemba Walker has a player option for 2022, yes he will make 37m but he may look to get more years and opt out.

One would think OKC would love to lose that 36m next season they traded everything else and Alexander is their highest paid player at 5.5m wow has that every happened lol...

Knicks always liked Kemba, not sure about the gamble in 2022 but that could get us the 16th pick in a deal?

FYI i always liked Kemba. He's 31 so more likely not wanting to wait after 2022 season at 33 for his next contract.
    No. Why are we so desperate to move up a few spots in a mediocre draft when thereís basically no difference between pick 12 and pick 19? Kembaís contract is one of the worst in the league.

Need it to be Thursday alreadyÖ