Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 65 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 975 of 1854
  1. #961
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,218
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    From what I’ve seen I love Cooper. Even if he isn’t that good I’m sure I will love him


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah he’d be a great pickup imo.

  2. #962
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,054
    Quote Originally Posted by knicksballers View Post
    I’ve heard that the Knicks really like Joshua primo! I think he’s a first round pick maybe at 21?
    I've seen him mocked in the early to mid second round.

  3. #963
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    25,720
    If Knicks get cooper I don't see them trading for Sexton.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

  4. #964
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    37,994

    2020-21 NCAA Scouting Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Between this, the RJ stuff, exploring a Sexton trade but it not being Sexton or bust and them looking ahead at next year’s free agency rather than this one, what more can you ask for?

    Some are for sure going to be disappointed if they don’t spend this offseason, but they didn’t save all these years to blow it all on just decent players.

    Fully expecting one splash move, and then running it back with one year contracts based on what Begley is saying.
    Sexton alleviates the desire to spend at least in my eyes. He’s good enough to take us to another level next year, young enough to have sky high potential still. Couldn’t think of a better fit to fall into our laps this off-season. Especially if we don’t have to extend him until next offseason.

    I’m perfectly fine with trading for Sexton, adding a first round pick, and running it back with Rose and Bullock.

  5. #965
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12,119
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Sexton alleviates the desire to spend at least in my eyes. He’s good enough to take us to another level next year, young enough to have sky high potential still. Couldn’t think of a better fit to fall into our laps this off-season. Especially if we don’t have to extend him until next offseason.

    I’m perfectly fine with trading for Sexton, adding a first round pick, and running it back with Rose and Bullock.
    I would really like us to bring back Noel las well. I think we would still have to add another wing to be serious though.

    Sexton...Rose
    Barton....IQ
    RJ...Bully
    Randle...Lauri Markkanen or Jared Vanderbilt
    Mitch...Noel
    Last edited by Bivory; 07-15-2021 at 09:57 PM.

  6. #966
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12,119
    Sexton and Obi have the same agent at CAA. Awwww sshhiiii. GET ER DONE Finally the Knicks can start benefitting from good relationships. Maybe things are changing in NY. If they get this done, all of us will have to bow down.

  7. #967
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    14,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Sexton and Obi have the same agent at CAA. Awwww sshhiiii. GET ER DONE Finally the Knicks can start benefitting from good relationships. Maybe things are changing in NY. If they get this done, all of us will have to bow down.
    Yo chill

  8. #968
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    52,854
    July 17th, 2021 at 6:44pm CST by Arthur Hill
    Baylor guard Jared Butler has received medical clearance from the NBA’s Fitness to Play panel, writes Shams Charania of The Athletic. Butler, the Most Outstanding Player in this year’s Final Four, had been considered a possible mid first-round pick when the draft process began, but he was sidelined in June due to a heart condition.

    Butler hasn’t been permitted to do anything on the court for the past three weeks, but he was still allowed to meet with teams and go through off-court activities such as interviews and medical exams. He met this week with executives from the Kings, who hold the ninth and 39th picks in the draft.

    “I am fully healthy and cleared to play in the NBA!” Butler wrote on Twitter. “Out of an abundance of care, the NBA is incredibly thorough in vetting the health of every player during the pre-Draft process and throughout our careers. I am forever grateful that their comprehensive and strict health analysis has unanimously confirmed my fitness to play in the NBA. Now, my focus is entirely on the Draft and working daily to prepare myself to fulfill my lifelong dream !!”

    There’s more draft news to pass along:

    Oregon’s Chris Duarte was happy with the results of Friday’s workout for the Warriors, per James Crepea of The Oregonian. Duarte, who is expected to be selected around the middle of the first round, has also visited the Wizards, Hornets, Thunder, Pelicans and Spurs. “It went great,” Duarte said of Friday’s session. “I really love it, enjoying this time here.”
    Butler and Duarte may be possibilities for the Knicks if they hold onto the 19th and 21st picks, ESPN’s Fran Fraschilla tells Steve Serby of The New York Post. Fraschilla also mentions Kentucky center

  9. #969
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    52,854
    Oregon sharpshooter Chris Duarte may be perfect fit for Knicks
    By Marc BermanJuly 17, 2021 | 9:16pm


    He’s 24, can bury the 3-pointer and can play defense. He is the kind of rookie made in Tom Thibodeau’s draft heaven, ready to produce now.

    “I’m ready to step in,’’ Oregon 6-foot-6 swingman Chris Duarte said on a Zoom call Friday after working out for the Warriors in San Francisco. “I’m ready to play.”

    Duarte will likely be on the board at either 19 or 21 when the Knicks select in the NBA Draft on July 29.

    Too many teams consider a 24-year-old rookie a turnoff, especially one whose journey was so unorthodox — from the Dominican Republic, to a boarding school (Redemption Christian Academy) in Troy, N.Y., to a junior college (Northwest Florida State College) in the Florida panhandle town of Niceville.

    But he may not be a turnoff for the win-now Knicks, who will send 25-year-old rookie Luca Vildoza of Argentina into the fray next season.


    “No doubt in my mind, [Duarte is] good enough for an NBA rotation now,’’ said Tony Stubblefield, the former Oregon associate coach who recently accepted the head-coaching job at DePaul. “And he’s ready to impact winning in an NBA franchise. He’s still got more upside to his game.’’

    Duarte did not travel the USA/AAU path, moving to the U.S. from Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic at age 15. He was a baseball player first and didn’t pick up a basketball until age 13.

    SEE ALSO

    ESPN’s Fran Fraschilla breaks down Knicks’ Collin Sexton, NBA Draft possibilities
    “He’s a very humble young man that comes from the Dominican and didn’t grow up with much from a financial standpoint,’’ Stubblefield said. “He’s very appreciative of everything. The kids who didn’t grow up with much in the United States had a great life compared to Chris Duarte.’’

    Duarte speaks with a thick accent and came to the U.S. knowing almost no English. He admitted recently to the Oregonian: “I still can’t speak English that well. Back in that day, I only know how to say, ‘Hey, hey, I’m hungry.’ ”

    On Friday, Duarte, who hasn’t been back to his mother country in two years, declined to talk about the joy of playing in New York, and the city’s vast Dominican population.

    “I can’t think about it because I can’t control that,’’ Duarte said. “Only the [NBA] guys know what will happen.”

    “Not a lot of kids make it out of the DR,’’ Duarte added. “Me being one of those kids, it’s amazing. I’m really proud of myself and the people that helped me to get here.’’

    The Knicks recently interviewed Stubblefield about Duarte. The Knicks, however, are juggling a lot of things — even the chance of trading up or trading out for an established player.

    Thibodeau said at the NBA Draft Combine in June that the Knicks are looking “for wings and guys who can shoot.’’
    –– ADVERTISEMENT ––


    Hello, Chris Duarte.


    He won the Jerry West Award for the nation’s top shooting guard. He averaged 17.1 points, making 53.2 percent of his shots from the field and a sensational 42.4 percent from 3-point range. He also averaged 4.6 rebounds. 2.7 assists and 1.9 steals. He was named Pac-12 Player of the Year by the AP and was a conference first-team all-defense selection.

    “Your numbers are your numbers,’’ Stubblefield said. “I know the NBA 3-point line is different from the college line, but if you look at film, he has no problem shooting NBA 3’s and shot a lot of them. He wasn’t just a 3-point shooter on the line.’’

    Oregon was 24-7 and 21-7 in his two Ducks seasons.

    “Chris is a stud because he’s a winner and plays with no fear,’’ an NBA scout said.

    Damian Lillard hasn’t decided on his Blazers future yet
    After playing at junior college, Duarte was recruited by just Oregon and Houston before he chose the Ducks.

    “Chris wasn’t recruited at that level, he wasn’t recruited by the Kentuckys of the world, North Carolinas, Duke,’’ Stubblefield said.

    He’s the antithesis of the one-and-done college freshman. And that just may be OK for the Knicks. Duarte even skipped the draft combine, eschewing team interviews.

    Duarte has worked out for the Wizards, Thunder, Spurs and Hornets, in addition to the Warriors. He says he’s got a few more upcoming but wouldn’t reveal the schedule. When asked about meeting the Knicks, he said, “That’s something my agent is dealing with.’’

    Rumors among agent circles say Duarte has a guarantee somewhere.

    “We ran things for him, but credit to him for moving without the ball to open spots,’’ Stubblefield said. “He does a great job moving without the ball. He creates for himself, too. He’s a scorer and has a scorer’s mentality.’’

  10. #970
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Oregon sharpshooter Chris Duarte may be perfect fit for Knicks
    By Marc BermanJuly 17, 2021 | 9:16pm


    He’s 24, can bury the 3-pointer and can play defense. He is the kind of rookie made in Tom Thibodeau’s draft heaven, ready to produce now.

    “I’m ready to step in,’’ Oregon 6-foot-6 swingman Chris Duarte said on a Zoom call Friday after working out for the Warriors in San Francisco. “I’m ready to play.”

    Duarte will likely be on the board at either 19 or 21 when the Knicks select in the NBA Draft on July 29.

    Too many teams consider a 24-year-old rookie a turnoff, especially one whose journey was so unorthodox — from the Dominican Republic, to a boarding school (Redemption Christian Academy) in Troy, N.Y., to a junior college (Northwest Florida State College) in the Florida panhandle town of Niceville.

    But he may not be a turnoff for the win-now Knicks, who will send 25-year-old rookie Luca Vildoza of Argentina into the fray next season.


    “No doubt in my mind, [Duarte is] good enough for an NBA rotation now,’’ said Tony Stubblefield, the former Oregon associate coach who recently accepted the head-coaching job at DePaul. “And he’s ready to impact winning in an NBA franchise. He’s still got more upside to his game.’’

    Duarte did not travel the USA/AAU path, moving to the U.S. from Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic at age 15. He was a baseball player first and didn’t pick up a basketball until age 13.

    SEE ALSO

    ESPN’s Fran Fraschilla breaks down Knicks’ Collin Sexton, NBA Draft possibilities
    “He’s a very humble young man that comes from the Dominican and didn’t grow up with much from a financial standpoint,’’ Stubblefield said. “He’s very appreciative of everything. The kids who didn’t grow up with much in the United States had a great life compared to Chris Duarte.’’

    Duarte speaks with a thick accent and came to the U.S. knowing almost no English. He admitted recently to the Oregonian: “I still can’t speak English that well. Back in that day, I only know how to say, ‘Hey, hey, I’m hungry.’ ”

    On Friday, Duarte, who hasn’t been back to his mother country in two years, declined to talk about the joy of playing in New York, and the city’s vast Dominican population.

    “I can’t think about it because I can’t control that,’’ Duarte said. “Only the [NBA] guys know what will happen.”

    “Not a lot of kids make it out of the DR,’’ Duarte added. “Me being one of those kids, it’s amazing. I’m really proud of myself and the people that helped me to get here.’’

    The Knicks recently interviewed Stubblefield about Duarte. The Knicks, however, are juggling a lot of things — even the chance of trading up or trading out for an established player.

    Thibodeau said at the NBA Draft Combine in June that the Knicks are looking “for wings and guys who can shoot.’’
    –– ADVERTISEMENT ––


    Hello, Chris Duarte.


    He won the Jerry West Award for the nation’s top shooting guard. He averaged 17.1 points, making 53.2 percent of his shots from the field and a sensational 42.4 percent from 3-point range. He also averaged 4.6 rebounds. 2.7 assists and 1.9 steals. He was named Pac-12 Player of the Year by the AP and was a conference first-team all-defense selection.

    “Your numbers are your numbers,’’ Stubblefield said. “I know the NBA 3-point line is different from the college line, but if you look at film, he has no problem shooting NBA 3’s and shot a lot of them. He wasn’t just a 3-point shooter on the line.’’

    Oregon was 24-7 and 21-7 in his two Ducks seasons.

    “Chris is a stud because he’s a winner and plays with no fear,’’ an NBA scout said.

    Damian Lillard hasn’t decided on his Blazers future yet
    After playing at junior college, Duarte was recruited by just Oregon and Houston before he chose the Ducks.

    “Chris wasn’t recruited at that level, he wasn’t recruited by the Kentuckys of the world, North Carolinas, Duke,’’ Stubblefield said.

    He’s the antithesis of the one-and-done college freshman. And that just may be OK for the Knicks. Duarte even skipped the draft combine, eschewing team interviews.

    Duarte has worked out for the Wizards, Thunder, Spurs and Hornets, in addition to the Warriors. He says he’s got a few more upcoming but wouldn’t reveal the schedule. When asked about meeting the Knicks, he said, “That’s something my agent is dealing with.’’

    Rumors among agent circles say Duarte has a guarantee somewhere.

    “We ran things for him, but credit to him for moving without the ball to open spots,’’ Stubblefield said. “He does a great job moving without the ball. He creates for himself, too. He’s a scorer and has a scorer’s mentality.’’
    Just read that it sounds like the Knicks made a promise at 21 to Cam Thomas. I wonder if they’re holding out 19 for cooper, Mann, or springer?

    Cam is a legit bucket but no defense also caa client. I like cam and probably could average 20 easily in the NBA now. A 6’4 SG.

  11. #971
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    4,049
    Wow didn't even notice the draft was already coming up.

    I didn't watch any of these dudes this year, barely watched any college bball.

    I think well be very active one way or another trading picks/players, so I won't even get to invested in who we may draft this year.

    If we do draft players, and not trade the picks, just draft BPA, we have to many needs to worry about position, we need modern day nba talent.

  12. #972
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by knicksballers View Post
    Just read that it sounds like the Knicks made a promise at 21 to Cam Thomas. I wonder if they’re holding out 19 for cooper, Mann, or springer?

    Cam is a legit bucket but no defense also caa client. I like cam and probably could average 20 easily in the NBA now. A 6’4 SG.
    Link? Entering the homestretch for draft now ..gonna be misdirection going around..hard to believe a published report on a given target is..

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  13. #973
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,977
    Quote Originally Posted by knicksballers View Post
    Just read that it sounds like the Knicks made a promise at 21 to Cam Thomas. I wonder if they’re holding out 19 for cooper, Mann, or springer?

    Cam is a legit bucket but no defense also caa client. I like cam and probably could average 20 easily in the NBA now. A 6’4 SG.
    Really?
    Not a great playmaker or defender but that 90% FT percentage and 23ppg is encouraging for a team that has trouble getting buckets when opposing defenses put on the clamps.

    Do teams really make promises when no one knows what other players might drop??

  14. #974
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    52,854
    Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    Really?
    Not a great playmaker or defender but that 90% FT percentage and 23ppg is encouraging for a team that has trouble getting buckets when opposing defenses put on the clamps.

    Do teams really make promises when no one knows what other players might drop??
    yea they do and goes something like if your still on the board we will take you with our 21st.

    We also heard that someone, not necessarily Knicks promised Butler he'd be their pick, didn't say what number or who or where in the draft but he's projected mid first so that could be Knicks at 19, who knows.

    Again will the Knicks still have both picks?

  15. #975
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    19,181
    I heard the names Damyean Dotson and Chris Duarte in the same sentence just in terms of examples of players older than 22 when drafted. However, has anyone stopped to make that comparison directly?

    Dotson was cool, but not exactly a keeper. Just like with Obi, I think it’s just assumed that he will be an instant contributor because of age but as we just learned that’s not always the case.

    I would prefer they look elsewhere if they just want shooting or a 3 and D player. Trey Murphy comes to mind. I’m confident Cam Thomas will just be an absolute bucket getter as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •