Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 59 of 124 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast
    Elf was awful. I'm sorry.

That's one player that Knicks fans are not polarized by. Remember if Thibs doesn't force the Front Office to get Derrick Rose, this team probably doesn't make the playoffs. They were struggling at .500 and the ball movement was horrific. More than 33% of Elf's assists were to Julius Randle. RJ Barrett went close to a quarter without getting a pass from Elf per game.

The Knicks need no further than to look at the NBA Finals at what a Point guard can do. Look at the semi-finals. Look at the Quarter finals. Unless you have Lebron James or Kawhi Leonard caliber player, you NEED a dynamic point guard.

Ask Patrick Ewing how important a great point guard can be.

I hope the Knicks trade up and draft a brilliant guard but geezus, they had that opportunity last draft and blew it harder than Jenna Jameson and 6 feet of garden hose.

An article about Cooper you guys might find interesting.

I think he's the right pick for the Knicks along with Springer and maybe Duarte.

https://empiresportsmedia.com/new-yo...r-point-guard/

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Elf was awful. I'm sorry.

That's one player that Knicks fans are not polarized by. Remember if Thibs doesn't force the Front Office to get Derrick Rose, this team probably doesn't make the playoffs. They were struggling at .500 and the ball movement was horrific. More than 33% of Elf's assists were to Julius Randle. RJ Barrett went close to a quarter without getting a pass from Elf per game.

The Knicks need no further than to look at the NBA Finals at what a Point guard can do. Look at the semi-finals. Look at the Quarter finals. Unless you have Lebron James or Kawhi Leonard caliber player, you NEED a dynamic point guard.

Ask Patrick Ewing how important a great point guard can be.

I hope the Knicks trade up and draft a brilliant guard but geezus, they had that opportunity last draft and blew it harder than Jenna Jameson and 6 feet of garden hose.
    if Haliburton duplicates his 13 and 5 season in year two does he make the hall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post

I think he's the right pick for the Knicks along with Springer and maybe Duarte.

I’d be excited for the possibilities if we drafted this kid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

This draft is deep some teams are going to get great value in both rounds. I think we are getting Duarte, one of Mann or Cooper and a shooter with 32. But maybe Miles Bridges or Bones Hyland or some other wings. Players will drop, they always do and maybe we can benefit. I anticipate we will move up a few spots but nothing dramatic if needed, just hope scouting is up to the task

Saw an oddball mock this morning. Matt Norlander in an article for CBS Sports IMO had a few strange picks.

He had Kuminga going 13th. He had Bouknight and Kispert going 7 and 8 respectively.

He had us drafting Franz Wagner at 19 and Butler at 21.

He also had Mann and Coopr falling out of the first round.

I don't know where to start. But as a Knicks fan, "Ba da ba ba ba I'm lovin it".

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    Saw an oddball mock this morning. Matt Norlander in an article for CBS Sports IMO had a few strange picks.

He had Kuminga going 13th. He had Bouknight and Kispert going 7 and 8 respectively.

I don't know where to start. But as a Knicks fan, "Ba da ba ba ba I'm lovin it".
    In the beginning of the College season Mann and Cooper were high second round picks. Some players projected to be In the second round now were procterd to be first rounders. Who knows what will happen but when you read a mock draft does that mock report their accuracy in previous drafts not really. The writers go based on what other writers say and what they hear. They are not scouts and they don't know when GMs are keeping their real thoughts to themselves. When Thibs said at the combine that the team wants shooters, he may also want to not reveal what points and bigs the team may want for teams picking around 19 and 21,and 32.

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post

If we stay at 19 and 21, starting to really like the combo of Cooper and Duarte...

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    When Thibs said at the combine that the team wants shooters, he may also want to not reveal what points and bigs the team may want for teams picking around 19 and 21,and 32.
    As far as bigs go, I know I'm on an island so far but I like Neemias Queta in the 2nd round. His floor from what I've seen is definitely better then Norvel Pelle as a young backup big. He just passes the eye test, he's 7'0, 250lbs, 7'4 wingspan with feet that appear to be just fast enough. He's got more to his game then a typical "tall that's all" rim runner with size...

He's got this intriguing stat combination:

"Since '08, only four D-I players had a DRB% > 20, ORB% > 10, BLK% > 10 and AST% > 10 over the course of their NCAA careers.

Joel Embiid
    Karl-Anthony Towns
    Robert Williams
    Neemias Queta (2021 NBA draft prospect)

Queta has a rare blend of rebounding, rim protection and passing."

He's got kind of a Big Bamba/young Dalembert fluidity to him + good reads on both ends of the court.

I could see him developing into a good backup to Mitch for a long time, maybe more.

Would be solid 2nd round pick imo.

New rumor I heard that I don't 100% believe but if true and the chips fall the right way I would ABSOLUTLEY do.

If Jalen Suggs falls somehow to Orlando at 5...

Obi, 19th pick this year, and one of the picks next year...

I 1000% do that deal if it's more then just smoke & Suggs is there.

I'd go one step even further to sweeten that deal if it's not enough... I take Bledsoe off the Pels hands to swap 19 (& a 2nd if needed) for 10, then serve up the 10th with Obi & next year's first if it meant landing Suggs...

He'd be a LOCK to be the best Knicks PG since Clyde

Quote Originally Posted by NYK2RIP View Post
    New rumor I heard that I don't 100% believe but if true and the chips fall the right way I would ABSOLUTLEY do.

I'd go one step even further to sweeten that deal if it's not enough... I take Bledsoe off the Pels hands to swap 19 (& a 2nd if needed) for 10, then serve up the 10th with Obi & next year's first if it meant landing Suggs...

That would be our off season if we could pull that off. Imagine a lineup of:

Suggs/Rose
    IQ/Bledsoe
    RJ/Bullock
    Randle/Taj/ Pick 21-Draft Isaiah Jackson
    Mitch/Noel

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post

That dude is nuts.
    Kuminga is not falling out of the Top 8 picks that's crazy talk.
    Cooper is moving UP before he drops out of the 1st round. Knicks will be lucky to get him at 19.
    Tre Mann is a guy someone will take a chance on purely because of his shooting potential. We're talking Steph Curry shooting potential here. Doubt he drops to the 2nd round.

Quote Originally Posted by NYK2RIP View Post

That's the type of move that changes a team's fortune. Adding a guy like Suggs. That's why the Knicks have so many assets.
    Please be true pleeeeeeeease be true.....

Wonder if NY made a promise to Dayron Sharpe or Cam Thomas. Both haven’t worked out for anyone and Cam is in hiding!

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    This draft is deep some teams are going to get great value in both rounds. I think we are getting Duarte, one of Mann or Cooper and a shooter with 32. But maybe Miles Bridges or Bones Hyland or some other wings. Players will drop, they always do and maybe we can benefit. I anticipate we will move up a few spots but nothing dramatic if needed, just hope scouting is up to the task
    This might be the best draft since 2003 and it might be a better draft once you get out of the lottery.