Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 57 of 124 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Considering heís already pretty much at that level at 22, 3 years into his career, I think itís pretty hard to say thatís his ceiling. Are you suggesting heís not going to get any better. Even if he has a relatively healthy full season, and plays a few more minutes, at the level heís at, heís valuable

I like how people think itís simple to replace him. When we had Noel doing a very good job, and we still missed him. It was obvious
    He hasn't progressed offensively much at all during his 3rd season.

He sustained 2 injuries and the Knicks played just fine without him.

Mitch wasn't going to make a difference in the Playoffs. The Knicks needed more scoring and better play at he guard position.

Next season, is Mitch going to suddenly develop a post up game that he's never had in the first place? No.

Next season, is Mitch going to suddenly develop a legit jump shot to spread the defense? No.

Next season will knobby knee Mitch stay healthy? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post

Mitch wasn't going to make a difference in the Playoffs. The Knicks needed more scoring and better play at he guard position.

Next season, is Mitch going to suddenly develop a post up game that he's never had in the first place? No.

Next season, is Mitch going to suddenly develop a legit jump shot to spread the defense? No.

They played fine without him, but they wouldnít be better with him? Heís better on the boards, better playing the PnR, with more range. And he can catch the ball. I think he absolutely would have made a difference in the playoffs. You still have to respect him rolling to the rim, and respect lobs, besides him being better in areas I mentioned

Who knows what he develops, or doesnít. Itís pretty crazy to say a 22 year old, 3rd year player isnít going to improve at all, or that heís already at his ceiling. If he stays healthy, and plays 30 a night, heís a double/double, 2+ blocks a night, all-nba defender. Itís not ridiculous to think he learns a few short range shots here and there, at least
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-02-2021 at 04:52 PM.

Considering they lived in the ****ing paint and capela murdered us Iíd say Mitch being an elite paint presence and always in the right position would have made a difference but yeah youíre clearly right
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Mitch has gained weight gotten stronger, heís so much better than Noel itís not even funny. Youíre tripping if you donít think heís a difference maker
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Mitch has gained weight gotten stronger, heís so much better than Noel itís not even funny. Youíre tripping if you donít think heís a difference maker
    He might very well be better. But I still question his injury history.

Saw a ESPN mock that had Moses Moody chosen at 18, with us taking Cooper at 19 and with 21 take Murphy 3. If Moody indeed should fall to that range I hope we can flip 32 with 19 to move up a spot or two for him. Moody and Murphy would be a terrific draft day. Murphy seems like a better Knox type talent. A long defensive player with excellent shooting. I wanted Vassell last season, Moody could bring a player like Vassell in the fold. Or Tre ann to replicate a Haliburton. Heck, Mann and Murphy may be a good haul

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Getting in the gym is one thing, but forcing weight gains on a player who's biggest strength is based on his agility and athleticism, may help, but it takes away from his biggest strength. Mitch shouldn't be all about gaining weight or muscle mass...Its likely that Mitch will never be a plus defensive post up defender but now, you risk taking away from his biggest strength.

I don't like it. Get in the gym do hit the weights some and shoot. Much more important than post defense imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Getting in the gym is one thing, but forcing weight gains on a player who's biggest strength is based on his agility and athleticism, may help, but it takes away from his biggest strength. Mitch shouldn't be all about gaining weight or muscle mass...Its likely that Mitch will never be a plus defensive post up defender but now, you risk taking away from his biggest strength.

I don't like it. Get in the gym do hit the weights some and shoot. Much more important than post defense imo.
    you didn't see the pic's, he looks just right for what he does, that muscle he put on isn't what your thinking, he needed a that muscle mass and it's not like he looks like he's on steroids or anything, in fact from the couple shots a saw it's noticeable but really nothing earth shattering.

Now all that time off he had and commented on to free him, hope he took an exhausting amount of shots to at least be able to look at the basket.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    you didn't see the pic's, he looks just right for what he does, that muscle he put on isn't what your thinking, he needed a that muscle mass and it's not like he looks like he's on steroids or anything, in fact from the couple shots a saw it's noticeable but really nothing earth shattering.

Now all that time off he had and commented on to free him, hope he took an exhausting amount of shots to at least be able to look at the basket.
    I was hoping he was on roids. HGH works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Saw a ESPN mock that had Moses Moody chosen at 18, with us taking Cooper at 19 and with 21 take Murphy 3. If Moody indeed should fall to that range I hope we can flip 32 with 19 to move up a spot or two for him. Moody and Murphy would be a terrific draft day. Murphy seems like a better Knox type talent. A long defensive player with excellent shooting. I wanted Vassell last season, Moody could bring a player like Vassell in the fold. Or Tre ann to replicate a Haliburton. Heck, Mann and Murphy may be a good haul
    Doubt Moody falls that far. But a duo of Mann or Cooper and Murphy would be a solid draft. Although I'm still for trading up for a more solid PG.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    Doubt Moody falls that far. But a duo of Mann or Cooper and Murphy would be a solid draft. Although I'm still for trading up for a more solid PG.
    So many possible scenarios. I confess I am of the persuasion we will use all four picks, and obtain a few free agents but no stars. Although if we do trade our FRPs this draft for Brogdon or Rosier I would do that as well. I think if we treated our FRPs we could get an other late first with a package of second rounders and Knox to a team like the Lakers who need roster spots and and cash.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    So many possible scenarios. I confess I am of the persuasion we will use all four picks, and obtain a few free agents but no stars. Although if we do trade our FRPs this draft for Brogdon or Rosier I would do that as well. I think if we treated our FRPs we could get an other late first with a package of second rounders and Knox to a team like the Lakers who need roster spots and and cash.
    I just don't see our FO handing Thibs 3 or 4 rookies. I'd like to trade up using 19, 21 & 32 for one of the top tear PG's or wings. Then with our latye 2, draft a lottery ticket or a player to stash in the G League.

Duarte, Mann or Kispert should be there right?

I don't think Mann will drop that late.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Duarte, Mann or Kispert should be there right?
    I don't think Mann will drop that late.
    IMO Duarte will be there
    Mann might be there
    Kispert won't be there