Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Yeah we’ve found our franchise PG and ya’ll are still sleeping smh lol
    Quickly may be the starter we been needing, not sleeping on him at all. Yet, point guard is still the most important position in the league. If we can acquire another point of high quality in the rotation can only be beneficial. However, as Rivers and Quickley demonstrates smart pg play does not have to be elite to improve the team overall. Both Quickley and Rivers being able to shoot, drive, and play pick n roll and hard defense is making the whole team better, and even Payton is playing quality minutes. Perhaps if Quickley emerges as a quality and consistent 15 and 6 with a high 3 pt percentage in his rookie year we can go forward with our pg, and Rivers, Payton as back ups, Payton may stink as our starter but as a change of pace back up, he might be great along with Rivers who provides an other look all together. Then we can use all our picks on a BPA draft strategy. It’s a lot easier to shop for a quality back up or capable starter then an elite point guard. Gee whiz, we have been devoid of quality point guard play for so long with Mudiay, Payton, Frank, DSjr, that capable play at the position gets us excited. So I’m all in in getting more talent at the position. Perhaps Lonzo Ball as a free agent and use a first or a pair of second round in a sign and trade. Or some other point guard for a team who finds themselves with a glut. What if Cleveland drafts Cade and we can obtain Sexton or Garland ? Maybe the Hield for Randall is revisited and we obtain Haliburton since Randall is doing so much better and we get Haliburton ? I think our front office with West and Rose may get us a deal for a FA or a trade that will get us a point if not in the draft.

Yeah we’ve found our franchise PG and ya’ll are still sleeping smh lol
    I'm with you! I'm still not making any bold predictions on our final record but I am a full believer in IQ. What a unpredictable moment we are in right now with Randle and Quickley playing the way they are playing. Even Mitch seems to have the foul prone issues under control and is logging career high minutes per game. Imagine going into the draft with two 1st round picks and just needing another shooter/wing to play along with RJ?

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

2020-21 NCAA Scouting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I dunno who your referring to as yall, but I said when we drafted him he reminded me of sga in that he was a underrated kentucky player who didnt get to shine at kentucky.

Also said I wasnt worried about Payton starting because was only matter of time before iq took over.

I always liked the quickly pick more than obi.

Also said from day 1 his weaknesses wont hurt him much, because his strengths are so good for the modern nba game.

He wont be a star pg type player, but he doesnt have to be. He just needs to be consistent at what he does which even in short time, imo has shown he can be that.

He knows what his game is and what it isnt, and hes very quick at recognizing when to do what he does best.

Hes not flashy, but he knows hes doing, and makes quick decisions which is more important than a super talented player like dsj, who is clueless.
    I was referring to “ya’ll” as the most people on here except for you and maybe a few others since you feel the same way as I do. I’m still seeing IQ on our bench in these hypothetical lineups being posted.

2020-21 NCAA Scouting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I'm with you! I'm still not making any bold predictions on our final record but I am a full believer in IQ. What a unpredictable moment we are in right now with Randle and Quickley playing the way they are playing. Even Mitch seems to have the foul prone issues under control and is logging career high minutes per game. Imagine going into the draft with two 1st round picks and just needing another shooter/wing to play along with RJ?
    This team is definitely good enough to make the playoffs, especially with the new format. I’m really excited for every game! Maybe players will finally want to come here after this season.

I love the way Quickly is playing, but if we have a chance to draft Cade or Suggs we absolutely must do so.

Quickly is good but coming into this season our backcourt was horrendous. He alone won't change that. Would love to see a backcourt of Cade/Suggs and Quick.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I don’t even think Love is a first rounder at this point.
    The key phrase "at this point". ESPN didn't even have Suggs in their preseason top 10 and I told you he would crack the top 5 and look what happened.

The point being, it is extremely early and we forget how young these players are. Have to be patient and allow time for growth and development.

I was referring to “ya’ll” as the most people on here except for you and maybe a few others since you feel the same way as I do. I’m still seeing IQ on our bench in these hypothetical lineups being posted.
    There’s zero reason I wouldn’t be immediately starting IQ.

There’s also zero reason I wouldn’t continue to be aggressive pursuing other guards. Need as many as possible

Umm to be one and done it has to be instant at the college level. There are plenty of 5 star recruits that don’t make it to the NBA. That’s not saying much.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Love stayed for another year.
    We will see. I for one have the patience to wait and see what happens. Wayyyyy too early to start passing judgments on players.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    The key phrase "at this point". ESPN didn't even have Suggs in their preseason top 10 and I told you he would crack the top 5 and look what happened.

The point being, it is extremely early and we forget how young these players are. Have to be patient and allow time for growth and development.
    They moved him up immediately...literally within the first week. The college season is now two months in. Have you even watched Love play?

We will see. I for one have the patience to wait and see what happens. Wayyyyy too early to start passing judgments on players.
    It's January. There are only two more months to go before the tournament. Not sure what you're waiting to see.

Things change. This draft class has not been anywhere near as good as you thought it would be.

They moved him up immediately...literally within the first week. The college season is now two months in. Have you even watched Love play?
    Yes I am well aware of his play. Are you aware of his age? Are you aware that things have plenty of time to change?

It's January. There are only two more months to go before the tournament. Not sure what you're waiting to see.

Things change. This draft class has not been anywhere near as good as you thought it would be.
    The draft class remains to be seen. But it is not just me who is high on the draft. I posted many links here of articles from people who felt the same way. It has been called historically strong as well as deep.

Yes I am well aware of his play. Are you aware of his age? Are you aware that things have plenty of time to change?
    Age? Lol...

What does age have to do with it? We're in the one and done era. What have we been watching for the last 10-15 years?

Which masochists are actually coming into this thread to talk about the top prospects in this draft?

The draft class remains to be seen. But it is not just me who is high on the draft. I posted many links here of articles from people who felt the same way. It has been called historically strong as well as deep.
    But it's not anymore. You're living in two months ago, where we hadn't seen any of these guys actually play collegiate level basketball yet. You need to adjust your thinking.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast