Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 277
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Contrary to many takes from posters leading up to the last draft, it's turning out to be the case that there are no other lottery-worthy PGs other than Cade and Suggs. That's why many of us thought it was a good idea to use the Mavs pick if possible to move up and grab LaMelo.

    In any event, if we don't come away with one of Cade or Suggs, then we'll need to find an answer to the PG question elsewhere. Plain and simple.
    I nominate IQ and a 2022 FA named Stephen Curry.

    We have 4 picks in this upcoming draft, so they can be traded or packaged (w/Frank, DSJr, Knox etc.) so that we can move up. Otherwise, we can just use our picks and take the 4 BPAs.

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Keep an eye on Love and Nix
    Love is currently ranked 57th on ESPN's Top 100, shooting 28% from the field and 17% from 3 in six games. Averaging 4 assists to 3 turnovers per game. Not exactly lighting it up at the college level.

    Nix has only played in G-League scrimmages. But based on the reports that have been coming out from the few scouts who received tapes of those two scrimmages, it sounds like while Nix is advanced in his passing, his shooting and defense has been downright bad. Nix is currently ranked 27th on ESPN's Top 100.

    Not great.

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,942
    Quote Originally Posted by oballers View Post
    I nominate IQ and a 2022 FA named Stephen Curry.

    We have 4 picks in this upcoming draft, so they can be traded or packaged (w/Frank, DSJr, Knox etc.) so that we can move up. Otherwise, we can just use our picks and take the 4 BPAs.
    Even if we could trade Frank and DSJ on draft night (which we can't), who the hell is trading for them to move back in the draft? Although we can actually trade Knox, same question for him.

    The only PGs worth trading up for right now are both going top 3.

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Love is currently ranked 57th on ESPN's Top 100, shooting 28% from the field and 17% from 3 in six games. Averaging 4 assists to 3 turnovers per game. Not exactly lighting it up at the college level.

    Nix has only played in G-League scrimmages. But based on the reports that have been coming out from the few scouts who received tapes of those two scrimmages, it sounds like while Nix is advanced in his passing, his shooting and defense has been downright bad. Nix is currently ranked 27th on ESPN's Top 100.

    Not great.
    Patience we are talking about young player barely out of highschool. Love was a consensus 5 star recruit coming in. Nix was highly rated.

    I know we are in this instant gratification culture now but we really just need to take a step back and let these young boys grow. Give it some time.

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,024
    Bit early for this, but go for it.

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,581
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Bit early for this, but go for it.
    Well why not ?

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,544
    You're right I wouldn't move up for a PG at this point. OK. So some PGs I like later in the draft are Ayo Dosunmu, Marcus Carr, Scotty Pippen Jr.

    Others worth keeping an eye on are Colbey Ross and Jason Preston and if he wasn't so turnover prone I'd add James Bouknight.
    Last edited by oballers; 01-05-2021 at 08:21 PM.

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,569
    Jared Butler and Davion Mitchell out of Baylor are other guys I would keep an eye on. They are pretty much the reason they are undefeated right now.

  9. #144
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    49,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Jared Butler and Davion Mitchell out of Baylor are other guys I would keep an eye on. They are pretty much the reason they are undefeated right now.
    yes I was impressed with Butler for sure, I saw one game and highlights of another, he has Nba range that is for sure.

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Jared Butler and Davion Mitchell out of Baylor are other guys I would keep an eye on. They are pretty much the reason they are undefeated right now.
    I like Davion Mitchell he'd be a great pick.

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Keep an eye on Love and Nix
    I don’t even think Love is a first rounder at this point.

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Patience we are talking about young player barely out of highschool. Love was a consensus 5 star recruit coming in. Nix was highly rated.

    I know we are in this instant gratification culture now but we really just need to take a step back and let these young boys grow. Give it some time.
    Umm to be one and done it has to be instant at the college level. There are plenty of 5 star recruits that don’t make it to the NBA. That’s not saying much.

    I wouldn’t be surprised if Love stayed for another year.
    Last edited by smood999; 01-05-2021 at 10:37 PM.

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,024
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Well why not ?
    no reason why not, just that a lot is going to change.

    Also, Quickly might be the pg.
    Great shooter, top notch floater, hes among the best in the nba right now at getting fouled, 90% + free throw shooter, Very good defender, makes good decisions, good passer.

    Hes been as good as we could of hoped for.
    Last edited by TakeAnotherL; 01-05-2021 at 10:51 PM.

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    71,264
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    no reason why not, just that a lot is going to change.

    Also, Quickly might be the pg.
    Great shooter, top notch floater, hes among the best in the nba right now at getting fouled, 90% + free throw shooter, Very good defender, makes good decisions, good passer.

    Hes been as good as we could of hoped for.
    Yeah we’ve found our franchise PG and ya’ll are still sleeping smh lol

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,024
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Yeah we’ve found our franchise PG and ya’ll are still sleeping smh lol
    I dunno who your referring to as yall, but I said when we drafted him he reminded me of sga in that he was a underrated kentucky player who didnt get to shine at kentucky.

    Also said I wasnt worried about Payton starting because was only matter of time before iq took over.

    I always liked the quickly pick more than obi.

    Also said from day 1 his weaknesses wont hurt him much, because his strengths are so good for the modern nba game.

    He wont be a star pg type player, but he doesnt have to be. He just needs to be consistent at what he does which even in short time, imo has shown he can be that.

    He knows what his game is and what it isnt, and hes very quick at recognizing when to do what he does best.

    Hes not flashy, but he knows hes doing, and makes quick decisions which is more important than a super talented player like dsj, who is clueless.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •