Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 103 of 124 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1854
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I dont think this front office sees it the way a lot of us do.

We all look at the draft and look at players of position of need. But this staff isn't doing that. I'm sure they would love to draft ace 3 point shooters and pgs, but they showed last year they won't chase a position, and take a player of lesser talent over a player of better talent, just because the position or skill is needed.

This team isn't a finished product by any means, so getting elite players is what's most important right now, not filling positions. A lot of these guys you saw last season you be hear for very long, so drafting for need makes no sense.
    That could be the case.

I think we'll learn a lot more about the front office after this draft. Hard to draw a ton of conclusions just from the Obi and IQ picks last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    We’ll see. Personally, I wanted nothing to do with Obi. Still haven’t seen anything that makes me think otherwise. There’s zero reason then, or today, that makes me feel differently
    I didn't want Obi either, I openly advocated against it, but I advocated against Haliburton in the top 10 also.

If it makes sense, I liked Haliburton WAY more as a player, but in the top 10, Obi makes more sense. Which is why I wanted to trade back.

When your drafting in the top 10, You have to try to get a guy who has elite and special traits. Even if it doesn't work out, thats the smartest thing to do, because if you hit, it completely changes your roster and outlook.

Haliburton is good for the kings, but he doesn't change anything now or for the future.

If Obi works out, he becomes a big man mismatch, who teams won't have an answer for, or will have to get away from what they want to do, to deal with him. And thats a big part of todays nba.

I didn't want Obi either, I openly advocated against it, but I advocated against Haliburton in the top 10 also.

If it makes sense, I liked Haliburton WAY more as a player, but in the top 10, Obi makes more sense. Which is why I wanted to trade back.

When your drafting in the top 10, You have to try to get a guy who has elite and special traits. Even if it doesn't work out, thats the smartest thing to do, because if you hit, it completely changes your roster and outlook.

Haliburton is good for the kings, but he doesn't change anything now or for the future.

If Obi works out, he becomes a big man mismatch, who teams won't have an answer for, or will have to get away from what they want to do, to deal with him. And thats a big part of todays nba.
    I still 100% don’t see this elite guy in Obi. In certain ways, perhaps. There wasn’t much elite talent last year

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Every year there are the two or three players that drop out of the lottery and some cry when finally drafted. Hey, ESPN loves drama. Maybe they invite him for the drama of watching him fall out of the range. They going to have a few of those players this year too.
    Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    I know tankathon is not an authority on draftees but the list Garuba as a PF. Strengths age and steals. Negatives Points, FTA rate, FG%, Fouls, Blocks and TS%. Why would we be interested in drafting him again?
    Hey don't apologise. Tankathons staff might turn out to be right. They might be the experts let's see how their results are.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    That could be the case.

I think we'll learn a lot more about the front office after this draft. Hard to draw a ton of conclusions just from the Obi and IQ picks last year.
    Put it this way, I dont think any of the players on this roster are locked into any long term plans.

Any of them could be let go or traded at any time.

Until we see long term deals being handed out, that tells you everything you need to know.

We’ll see. Personally, I wanted nothing to do with Obi. Still haven’t seen anything that makes me think otherwise. There’s zero reason then, or today, that makes me feel differently
    Revisit the comparison at the end of this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I still 100% don’t see this elite guy in Obi. In certain ways, perhaps. There wasn’t much elite talent last year
    Nope, last years draft was garbage. Which is why I was ok with the Obi pick even though I hated the player.

His elite ability is mostly in the fact that he can run up and down the court fast and often, and jump really high. Which doesn't seem like much, but for bigger slower bigs to have to chase that around, it creates a big problem.

But the really big potential eliteness he brings to the table is if he can become a Knock down shooter. Than the bigger guys have to chase him out to the 3 line, which opens up the paint, and chase him up and down the court which tires them out quickly, which they can't do. I mean imagine KP, trying to chase Obi up and down the court, and to the 3 point line, he couldn't do it, you would have to bench him.

And if you put a smaller guy on him to keep up with him, he can either just shoot it over them, or take easy passes in the paint all day and get easy buckets.

Plus as he gets better bball iq he should be able to cut to the rim easily and get easy passes up high and dunk it.

Hes not at that Level now, but thats what the hope was when we drafted him that he will become. I dont think its out of the range of being possible he becomes that guy.

Regarding Garuba and Jackson being the two bigs mostly linked to the Knicks, I think I would prefer Kai Jones over both. Part of me wonders if he’s not linked to them because they thought he’d go higher.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Every year there are the two or three players that drop out of the lottery and some cry when finally drafted. Hey, ESPN loves drama. Maybe they invite him for the drama of watching him fall out of the range. They going to have a few of those players this year too.
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Regarding Garuba and Jackson being the two bigs mostly linked to the Knicks, I think I would prefer Kai Jones over both. Part of me wonders if he’s not linked to them because they thought he’d go higher.
    Hey three days away.

I agree. The clips I’ve seen of Jones are pretty impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Jacksons athletism is in the top top tier for bigs. Id take Jackson. When he jumps in the air to block shots, it looks like he pauses in the air. hes so light on his feet too, he gets up without any effort in a instant.

I haven't watched enough if Kai to say much about him, but if thibs likes shot blocking as much as I think he does, I think Jackson would be the preferred choice.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I agree. The clips I’ve seen of Jones are pretty impressive

If Charlotte passes on a big, OKC is the only other team I can see taking one before the Knicks pick. If they pass, the Knicks may have their pick of the three.

Jacksons athletism is in the top top tier for bigs. Id take Jackson. When he jumps in the air to block shots, it looks like he pauses in the air. hes so light on his feet too, he gets up without any effort in a instant.

I haven't watched enough if Kai to say much about him, but if thibs likes shot blocking as much as I think he does, I think Jackson would be the preferred choice.
    I think Kai is just as good of an athlete, if not better. He’s also bigger and seems to potentially offer more offensively.

I think Kai is just as good of an athlete, if not better. He’s also bigger and seems to potentially offer more offensively.
    I think Jackson moves well offensively with the ball in his hands, just needs more time and polish.

But I completely disagree that Kai is on Jacksons athletic level. Jackson jumps high as hell, instantly, with no effort.

Watch some highlights, and look how easily Jackson jumps up, without gaining any momentum. kai is athletic for sure, but he can't fly the way Jackson does without getting a step or two in.

Theres a huge difference in a how quick and high a player can jump without moving, and how high and quick they jump with a running start or with having to bend down first. Jackson jumps high on the drop of a dime no matter what.

I think Jackson moves well offensively with the ball in his hands, just needs more time and polish.

But I completely disagree that Kai is on Jacksons athletic level. Jackson jumps high as hell, instantly, with no effort.

Watch some highlights, and look how easily Jackson jumps up, without gaining any momentum. kai is athletic for sure, but he can't fly the way Jackson does without getting a step or two in.

Theres a huge difference in a how quick and high a player can jump without moving, and how high and quick they jump with a running start or with having to bend down first. Jackson jumps high on the drop of a dime no matter what.
    I’m also talking about how fluid Kai is. He actually handles the ball, is capable of driving and finishing and flashes shooting ability. Jackson does not move as well as him.