Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 99 of 124 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1854
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Agreed, but Iíd throw in Mann too (even though I know you donít like him).
    It's not that I don't like him. I just feel like Cam and Butler provide a lot of what makes Mann appealing and I think those guys are just better.

I wouldn't hate it if they decided to go with Mann. I could be completely wrong about how I view the three of them.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    I like your choices. However, Cooper and Thomas have the highest bust potential. They have the best pop potential but I want a safer pick. Butler is a great choice. Give me Murphy as first choice in our range or for a slight trade up. Ideal draft for me Murphy and Mann. M&M.
    Agreed
    I think Butler is one of the safer choices around where the Knicks are picking.

Can Butler score? Yup
    Can Butler Defend? Yup
    Can Butler hit the 3? Yup
    Can Butler set up his teammates? Yup
    Can Butler hit the free throw Yup?
    Does Butler get steals and force the opposition into turnovers? Yup
    Is Butler over all a Plus when he's on the floor? Yup
    Is Butler going to be a super star? Probably not but he's going to be a solid, well rounded player imo.

4. Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    That is literally the only combo I would be upset with. Based on what we know I just canít imagine why they would take Garuba instead of Lewis and I think Murphy is too one dimensional. both guys seemed to overvalued based on some defensive versatility to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Let's be clear I am not advocating for Garuba. Btw today Knicks Fan TV had a interview with a NBA skills trainer and coach. He loved Murphy and said he has great potential to expand offensively and he is high motor. Check it out. It dropped today. It was a good listen.

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    I'm not sure why you feel this way because Cooper is a very quick athlete. In fact that is one of his strengths.
    He has a very quick first step and has zero problems getting ahead of defenders.

Cooper just isn't much of a vertical athlete but neither are guys like Trae Young.
    Hes fast for his level now but nba is different, now the guys will all be as fast as him, except bigger and stronger and more explosiveness.

I'm not saying he can't be good in the nba, But his success at doing what he does now will greatly depend on how his speed translates.

Some players look fast in college and slow in the nba, we see it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Duarte might be a lottery pick. He wonít even come close to the second round.
    LMAO at Duarte being a Lottery pick, guys that slow dont go in the lottery.

Have you not seen his ball handling, passing ability and how quick and fast he is? I would consider all of that elite ability.
    I should of explained myself better, I meant elite natural ability. Morant, Zion type ish...

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Hes fast for his level now but nba is different, now the guys will all be as fast as him, except bigger and stronger and more explosiveness.

I'm not saying he can't be good in the nba, But his success at doing what he does now will greatly depend on how his speed translates.

Some players look fast in college and slow in the nba, we see it all the time.

LMAO at Duarte being a Lottery pick, guys that slow dont go in the lottery.

I should of explained myself better, I meant elite natural ability. Morant, Zion type ish...
    Duarte is literally projected in the late lottery right now and they are saying he will not get past GS at 14.

Itís highly likely heís going to be drafted in the lottery or somewhere in the teens. He wonít get near the 2nd round.

This isnít coming from me. This is whatís out there. You donít have to believe it if you donít want to.

I'm fine with Garuba. Again, there aren't any players that I'm completely against in this range. I know others would not be ok with him. We actually had this discussion a few pages back.
    Can Garuba dribble and shoot? Hope he is not anther PF. How many do we need playing behind Randle.
    Last edited by cssdmark; 07-26-2021 at 06:51 PM.

2020-21 NCAA Scouting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Let's be clear I am not advocating for Garuba. Btw today Knicks Fan TV had a interview with a NBA skills trainer and coach. He loved Murphy and said he has great potential to expand offensively and he is high motor. Check it out. It dropped today. It was a good listen.
    Draft experts. I kid but honestly both guys seem like close your eyes and imagine what they could be picks. Murphy is 6í9 mobile and has a 39 in vert. He also averaged 3 rebounds and under 3 attempts inside point the arc a game. Was he running away from the ball? Everyone agrees the Spanish kid is 6í8 canít shoot and has no offense game other then rolling and cutting. For some reason heís being projected as Ben Wallace.

Last edited by ewing; 07-26-2021 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Can Garuba dribble and shoot?
    Dribble, yes. Shoot, no. He will have to get better offensively, but I donít think shooting is a requirement for bigs.

I'm not sure why you feel this way because Cooper is a very quick athlete. In fact that is one of his strengths.
    He has a very quick first step and has zero problems getting ahead of defenders.

Cooper just isn't much of a vertical athlete but neither are guys like Trae Young.
    I've never really believed in the "that'd what's out there stuff" when it comes to the draft.

For a team like GS where he won't have to put the ball on the floor much and will play with a well spread out court, that could make sense though. They are in win now mode so it makes sense.

He won't make sense to teams not in w now mode though.

Duarte is literally projected in the late lottery right now and they are saying he will not get past GS at 14.

Itís highly likely heís going to be drafted in the lottery or somewhere in the teens. He wonít get near the 2nd round.

This isnít coming from me. This is whatís out there. You donít have to believe it if you donít want to.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I've never really believed in the "that'd what's out there stuff" when it comes to the draft.

For a team like GS where he won't have to put the ball on the floor much and will play with a well spread out court, that could make sense though. They are in win now mode so it makes sense.

He won't make sense to teams not in w now mode though.
    Whether itís GS or some other team, he will be drafted late lottery or close to it.

He was invited to the draft, which means the NBA as a whole considers him a top-20 player. Not only is it ďout thereĒ NBA teams kinda confirmed it as well.

Regardless, the point is he will not even sniff the second round and he might not even be there when the Knicks pick at 19.
    Last edited by smood999; 07-26-2021 at 07:03 PM.

I will just add food for thought. GSW may be preparing to acquire. Duarte or Murphy but not at 14. They may be considering trading down to 19 or for 21 the 14 th pick to the Knicks and see if those choices at 19 or 21 is worth trading down for. I love Murphy and I love Duarte but I think the lottery is too high for them. This draft class is pretty hard to figure out

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Draft experts. I kid but honestly both guys seem like close your eyes and imagine what they could be picks. Murphy is 6í9 mobile and has a 39 in vert. He also averaged 3 rebounds and under 3 attempts inside point the arc a game. Was he running away from the ball? Everyone agrees the Spanish kid is 6í8 can shoot and has no offense game other then rolling and cutting. For some reason heís being projected as Ben Wallace.

I was joking about Garuba cause Leon Roses son is his agent. Murphy, is the man. Geezus did your girlfriend leave you for him or something ??? Listen to the NBA skills trainor breakdown his game. But anyway, we shall see. Don't make me rub it in your face for years when Murphy is good. Don't make me do it !!!! I will lol

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Can Garuba dribble and shoot? Hope he is not anther PF. How many do we need playing behind Randle.
    He has the best neck

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Second rnd was overdoing it, but he shouldn't be a lottery pick.

He does not have nba lottery pick athletism.

He's really really slow, when he puts the ball down, it looks like hes moving in slow motion. So yeah, it could make sense GS wants him bad because he won't have to do that much there, but most other teams aren't drafting that high, and willing to take a below average athlete.

I don't know why you keep bringing up projections, as if they haven't been constantly wrong in the past.
    Whether itís GS or some other team, he will be drafted late lottery or close to it.

He was invited to the draft, which means the NBA as a whole considers him a top-20 player. Not only is it ďout thereĒ NBA teams kinda confirmed it as well.

Regardless, the point is he will not even sniff the second round and itís likely he wonít even be there when the Knicks pick at 19.