Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 98 of 124 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1854
    To get Murphy, the Knicks will likely have to trade ahead of 17. To get Duarte, it seems like they will have to get ahead of 14.

17. New Orleans Pelicans (from Memphis)

Cameron Thomas
    LSU
    SG

The Pelicans now have more than 30 million dollars in cap room after moving down from the No. 10 pick and swapping veterans and future draft assets with the Grizzlies. It still didn't solve one of the biggest issues on their roster, though -- perimeter shooting -- which they'll need to have much more of to give budding superstar Zion Williamson the spacing he needs to put his devastating shot-creation to full use. Enter Thomas, who led the SEC in scoring down the road in Baton Rouge and has unlimited range on his jump-shot. While only 19, Thomas has some of the best scoring instincts in the draft and will likely need little time to acclimate himself offensively thanks to the aggressiveness and skill he brings on that end of the floor. Some NBA teams think the Pelicans could continue to trade down or out from this slot.
    https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...ttery-position

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    To get Murphy, the Knicks will likely have to trade ahead of 17. To get Duarte, it seems like they will have to get ahead of 14.
    I'd give up 32 with 19 to move up a few spots. To get Murphy.. Hey, for fun let's say Garuba is drafted. Garuba is a CAA client represented by Leon Roses son. How would the forum react ?

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    I'd give up 32 with 19 to move up a few spots. To get Murphy.. Hey, for fun let's say Garuba is drafted. Garuba is a CAA client represented by Leon Roses son. How would the forum react ?
    I'm fine with Garuba. Again, there aren't any players that I'm completely against in this range. I know others would not be ok with him. We actually had this discussion a few pages back.

6. Quote Originally Posted by knicksballers View Post
    Looks like cam to Knicks like I said earlier
    To take Cam over Jared Butler would be a crime.

I'm fine with Garuba. Again, there aren't any players that I'm completely against in this range. I know others would not be ok with him. We actually had this discussion a few pages back.
    I would not be against him. I am like you I would be pleased with lots of players. If my choice is not picked I won't care. I think good value will be had at 19, 21, and 32 if no trades are available. It's a deep draft. I would trade up for Giddy, Kispert, Murphy, and Moody.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 07-26-2021 at 06:15 PM.

I would not be against him. I am like you I would be pleased with lots of players. If my choice is not picked I won't care. I think good value will be had at 19, 21, and 32 if no trades are available. It's a deep draft. I would trade up for Giddy, Kispert, Murphy.
    I do have preferences - Cam Thomas, Cooper, and Butler. I likely will be a little upset if they pick others over them, but just nothing crazy unless one of them really hits, which is entirely possible considering their skillsets.

There's just no Frank for me in this draft where I'm absolutely opposed to it.
    Last edited by smood999; 07-26-2021 at 06:19 PM.

I do have preferences - Cam Thomas, Cooper, and Butler. I likely will be a little upset if they pick others over them, but just nothing crazy unless one of them really hits, which is entirely possible considering their skillsets.

There's just no Frank for me in this draft where I'm absolutely opposed to it.
    I like your choices. However, Cooper and Thomas have the highest bust potential. They have the best pop potential but I want a safer pick. Butler is a great choice. Give me Murphy as first choice in our range or for a slight trade up. Ideal draft for me Murphy and Mann. M&M.

I think it's important for the Knicks to get one of Cam, Cooper or Butler. The Knicks need guard help badly and I think those three, in different ways, provide two things the Knicks need overall - shooting and/or creation.

They do need a C also, but I would prioritize the backcourt.

I like your choices. However, Cooper and Thomas have the highest bust potential. They have the best pop potential but I want a safer pick. Butler is a great choice. Give me Murphy as first choice in our range or for a slight trade up. Ideal draft for me Murphy and Mann. M&M.
    I don't see it that way at all. Unlike the others, they have special talent. That talent will likely keep them in the league for a long time just for the simple fact that not a lot of players can do what they do. I see them both as having high floors as well.

As far as Cam goes, the only way I can see him not working out is if he's stubborn and just won't accept playing within an offense. We have seen that before, but the point is his downfall will not be ability.

If Cooper isn't a starting PG, he'll be a backup for a long time.

Cam does everything Mann does but better.

Murphy's shooting will keep him around also, but the point remains if these guys are similarly safe (as in they likely won't completely bust), why not go with the higher upside play and find a shooter later on.
    Last edited by smood999; 07-26-2021 at 06:26 PM.

More players that can't score only at PF instead of Center?

No thanks to Garuba. He'll be a special use player if he never develops offensively which is a very likely scenario.
    Even if he develops some offense it will be very limited. He's essentially the Frank Ntilikina of the PF spot.

Guys like Jared Butler, Cooper, Duarte, Springer all make way more sense for this team.

I think it's important for the Knicks to get one of Cam, Cooper or Butler. The Knicks need guard help badly and I think those three, in different ways, provide two things the Knicks need overall - shooting and/or creation.

They do need a C also, but I would prioritize the backcourt.
    Agreed, but I’d throw in Mann too (even though I know you don’t like him).

I don't see it that way at all. Unlike the others, they have special talent. That talent will likely keep them in the league for a long time just for the simple fact that not a lot of players can do what they do. I see them both as having high floors as well.

As far as Cam goes, the only way I can see him not working out is if he's stubborn and just won't accept playing within an offense. We have seen that before, but the point is his downfall will not be ability.

If Cooper isn't a starting PG, he'll be a backup for a long time.

Cam does everything Mann does but better.

Murphy's shooting will keep him around also, but the point remains if these guys are similarly safe (as in they likely won't completely bust), why not go with the higher upside play and find a shooter later on.
    We shall see. Proof will be in the pudding. Let's just hope for a good draft. No more crap shows after a few years.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 07-26-2021 at 06:33 PM.

That is literally the only combo I would be upset with. Based on what we know I just can’t imagine why they would take Garuba instead of Lewis and I think Murphy is too one dimensional. both guys seemed to overvalued based on some defensive versatility to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.