Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 91 of 124 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1854
    Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    There is no way GS is looking to trade back. I will believe they give up their picks. I will believe they want to get rid of Wiggins. But to add 2 lesser prospects with their window on the verge of closing? Nah. Maybe they like Burke? So something closer to Wiggins and 7 for Burke 19 32 (2nd round contracts donít hit the cap the same) and then we have to hope the love someone more then we can justify like Bullock and/or Frank and/or Obi and Knox (so it doesnít look bad when they cut him instead of us)
    But GSW could want to clear some cap for a Bradley Beal trade or use the cap they will clear Wiggins for some additional vets to help them win now. Players like Bouknight, Giddey, Moody, Davion in the 7th range would not make sense for GSW.
    Last edited by sharqstealth; 07-25-2021 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    @stilla are you going to make your usual draft thread to save everyoneís opinions for posterity?
    guess we need to keep with tradition huh lol? Maybe tomorrow i'll get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by sharqstealth View Post
    But GSW could want to clear some cap for a Bradley Beal trade or use the cap they will clear Wiggins for some additional vets to help them win now. Players like Bouknight, Giddey, Moody, Davion in the 7th range would not make sense for GSW.
    actually they need Wiggins to even attempt a trade like a Beal. They have three guys that equal the cap, not counting Wiggins, so they need salaries to match by rules the 25% or no dice.

I'm not sure where Flimm is hearing this stuff, but GS would only trade to get a veteran player not to get even more picks lower down the line, that makes no sense what so ever.

NO wanting to trade Bledsoe makes more sense but having both Bledsoe and Walker even for one year makes no sense?

Happy Thursday will be upon us within a blink of an eye lol, really gets crazy a few days out, typical though.

Jonathan Macri Retweeted
    blames dolan
    @blamesdolan_

1h
    @JCMacriNBA
    preaching why Duarte makes so much sense for the Knicks if heís available despite his age and limited upside.

This is pick 19 folks for a win now team, not top 10 for a rebuilding team.
    1.6K views
    0:10 / 0:50
    Show this thread
    Jonathan Macri
    @JCMacriNBA

2h
    Great stuff from
    @_prezidente
    Quote Tweet
    aka Kang the Conquistador
    @_prezidente
    ∑ 8h
    my final knicks specific big board / pyramid. As ppl know i am not a huge fan of big boards, but i am also not a graphic designer 😭 this is the best way i could articulate how i feel about the 2021 top 30 relative to each other.

Last edited by still a fan; 07-25-2021 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Jonathan Macri Retweeted
    blames dolan
    @blamesdolan_

1h
    @JCMacriNBA
    preaching why Duarte makes so much sense for the Knicks if heís available despite his age and limited upside.

1.6K views
    Show this thread
    Jonathan Macri
    @JCMacriNBA

2h
    Great stuff from
    @_prezidente
    Quote Tweet
    @_prezidente
    ∑ 8h
    my final knicks specific big board / pyramid. As ppl know i am not a huge fan of big boards, but i am also not a graphic designer 😭 this is the best way i could articulate how i feel about the 2021 top 30 relative to each other.

My only concern is this team fooling themselves into believing they are something they are not.

Iím not sure if being in 100% win-now mode is the right approach, but weíll see. I think they are still somewhere in between.

Personally, I donít care about who will be the best player next season. Unless a team is literally on the cusp of a championship, I think that is a terrible approach to the draft.

I want the player that will be best long term. Maybe Duarte will be both, who knows?
    Last edited by smood999; 07-26-2021 at 12:09 AM.

Jonathan Macri Retweeted
    blames dolan
    @blamesdolan_

1h
    @JCMacriNBA

1.6K views
    Show this thread
    Jonathan Macri
    @JCMacriNBA

2h
    Great stuff from
    @_prezidente
    Quote Tweet
    @_prezidente
    ∑ 8h

Too low for Bouk? I thought he has star potential according to experts??

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    My phone only concern is this team fooling themselves into believing they are something they are not.

Iím not sure if being in 100% win-now mode is the right approach, but weíll see.

Personally, I donít care about who will be the best player next season. Unless a team is literally on the cusp of a championship, I think that is a terrible approach to the draft.

I want the player that will be best long term. Maybe Duarte will be both, who knows?
    Heís 24

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Heís 24

Are we going to do this? Lol

The next time itíll be ďheís 26Ē

When does it stop? Not even when staying in college was a thing were 24 year olds being drafted. The guy was literally playing against players up to 5 years younger than him. Do you recall the difference between you being 18 and being 23? His best competition was a bunch of 18 and 19 year olds.

Heís the same age as Devin Booker and Ben Simmons, who you have completely written off. Heís older than Jason Tatum. Iím just trying to put into perspective of what good NBA players are doing by that age.

Even Jimmy Butler, who is an example of a success story for an older player being drafted during the one and done era (probably the best example), made his first All Star team by the age of 25.

24 is extreme whether you like it or not.
    Last edited by smood999; 07-26-2021 at 12:19 AM.

My only concern is this team fooling themselves into believing they are something they are not.

Iím not sure if being in 100% win-now mode is the right approach, but weíll see. I think they are still somewhere in between.

Best long term meaning? His skills should translate and I do not see those skills not being needed on a team actually his skill set should fit on any team. Will he be the best player in this draft, probably not. We will need a crystal ball for that. I am okay with not always trying to hit a home run every time. Remember Mikal Bridges. He was not a home run swing and we went for the home run and ended with Knox and whiffed. He probably will not be available when we pick anyway.

Knicks going after Duarte...I definitely wouldn't especially when y'all can easily draft Sharife Cooper or even Cam Thomas who are definitely better and younger

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Definitely more of a need at the center position
    I was thinking that. However the Knicks Front Office are mired with the idea that every player is a potential gem.

Therefore Mitchell Robinson aka Bean Pole will be back to start at Center.

I see, Shooters being the priority in this draft.

actually they need Wiggins to even attempt a trade like a Beal. They have three guys that equal the cap, not counting Wiggins, so they need salaries to match by rules the 25% or no dice.

I'm not sure where Flimm is hearing this stuff, but GS would only trade to get a veteran player not to get even more picks lower down the line, that makes no sense what so ever.

NO wanting to trade Bledsoe makes more sense but having both Bledsoe and Walker even for one year makes no sense?

Happy Thursday will be upon us within a blink of an eye lol, really gets crazy a few days out, typical though.
    Hey you mean everything you hear in the internet is not true ? Just having some fun. Plus I don't believe this latest stuff like Duarte at 12. Trade up sure but no way for Duarte for Giddy yes or Kispert or Moody or Mitchell but not Duarte. Not much more we can say anymore about the topics we have discussed over the last few months. Draft in four days. Then free agency. Let's get it over with already.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 07-26-2021 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    I was thinking that. However the Knicks Front Office are mired with the idea that every player is a potential gem.

Therefore Mitchell Robinson aka Bean Pole will be back to start at Center.

I see, Shooters being the priority in this draft.
    Which it should be but who is a better overall shooter though? Cooper? Duarte? Or Thomas?

we shouldn't be a WIN NOW team, we are nowhere near that level. I'm torn on Duarte, he does remind me some of Battier/Brogdon, but his age is a factor, how will he play when he's not playing against younger less physically developed talent?

OTOH, a great shooter is a great shooter and he can stroke it.

2020-21 NCAA Scouting Thread

Are we going to do this? Lol

The next time itíll be ďheís 26Ē

When does it stop? Not even when staying in college was a thing were 24 year olds being drafted. The guy was literally playing against players up to 5 years younger than him. Do you recall the difference between you being 18 and being 23? His best competition was a bunch of 18 and 19 year olds.

Heís the same age as Devin Booker and Ben Simmons, who you have completely written off. Heís older than Jason Tatum. Iím just trying to put into perspective of what good NBA players are doing by that age.

Even Jimmy Butler, who is an example of a success story for an older player being drafted during the one and done era (probably the best example), made his first All Star team by the age of 25.

24 is extreme whether you like it or not.
    Unlike Ben I think he can be a useful NBA guard. Based and his age and play style I donít expect his skill level to change much. You should give him a year to adjust to the league but I wouldnít be surprised if he is ok as a rook. I think he is more typical of older prospects in that most of his development is done (I think Toppin has a lot of room for growth). I do think he is good and wouldnít be upset with the pick. He will be good value on a rookie deal

Btw he is also has a story that somewhat explains his age. He came from the DR at 17 without support or knowing English. He got a later start at college and went to a juco before getting his shot.

I want Cooper. If he doesnít put it all together after 2 years but is developing there is a chance Iíd still like him and think he still had a shot to be a good starter. I donít think Duerte has that much room for growth so I think we will know who he is pretty quickly. Iím ok with that and was just joking with the ďheís 24Ē comment

Last edited by ewing; 07-26-2021 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 91 of 124 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast