Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Well their ages will likely make them fall back to the end of the first round or into the second possibly based on all the arguments made about it's better to draft younger players on this forum.
    They won’t drop that far. The younger players aren’t that good this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    I’m weirdly all in on the upperclassmen that might be available where we’re drafting.

Give me 2 of Davion Mitchell, Corey Kispert, Chris Duarte, and Jared Butler in that order.
    I like Mitchell, but I think people will think they are getting Donovan Mitchell, but he reminds me more of Marcus Smart. That's completely fine though for the range that he will be drafted in. Also, he fits the profile of the older one year wonder that almost never pans out in the NBA. All of the other guys were productive before this year. With that said, I think he can be an exception.

Duarte is going to be 24 before the draft, but regardless of that he doesn't really do it for me.

I'm fine with the other three in the order that you have them.
    Last edited by smood999; 04-06-2021 at 10:26 AM.

As much as I'm a fan of RJ, the league owes us for giving the freaking Pelicans Zion.

Need to get into the lottery and "somehow" get into the top 5.

2021 NBA Draft thread

With the latest mock and the Knicks actually looking like a playoff team, it has the Knicks picking now 21st in this year's Draft and in whatever mocks I've seen it has you guys picking Johnny Juzang out of UCLA

Players I hope the Knicks target in this order:
    Moses Moody (most likely will be picked before us)
    Josh Giddey
    Alperen Sengun
    Ayo Dosunmu
    Jaden Springer
    Players I also wouldn’t mind
    Jared Butler
    Filip Petrusev

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    Players I hope the Knicks target in this order:
    Moses Moody (most likely will be picked before us)
    Josh Giddey
    Alperen Sengun
    Ayo Dosunmu
    Jaden Springer
    Players I also wouldn’t mind
    Jared Butler
    Filip Petrusev
    I think we will get some good players this draft. I don't really watch college ball and don't watch Australian ball, but Giddy has me intrigued. I watched a video from Australia and they described him as a small forward not a point guard. So perhaps that is something to consider. He might be a point forward more then a point guard. So if we draft him we may also draft a point or combo guard as well. Giddy does not seem to have the numbers shooting wise right now from deep so maybe that is why he is being described as a point guard. Or just because his size makes him more tempting as a 1 and it raises his value

I think we will get some good players this draft. I don't really watch college ball and don't watch Australian ball, but Giddy has me intrigued. I watched a video from Australia and they described him as a small forward not a point guard. So perhaps that is something to consider. He might be a point forward more then a point guard. So if we draft him we may also draft a point or combo guard as well. Giddy does not seem to have the numbers shooting wise right now from deep so maybe that is why he is being described as a point guard. Or just because his size makes him more tempting as a 1 and it raises his value
    Giddey is a PG. Think Lamelo Ball (lite).

You have been consistent about Kispert all along. Mocks have him in the top ten in the draft. I get your argument, but sports don't always fall along the measurables. Kispert does have a skill that this NBA values in shooting. So with that I will take your knowledge as more or less correct for the sake of this post. But don't you think even if he slips in the draft he is not worth drafting in the second round ? i
    Hes being mocked in the top 10?

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Kispert will be taken in the first round.
    I dont see that happening, mock drafts are a complete joke and popularity contest this time of the year, and hes a popular player on a very good team.

I dont think he gets drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I dont see that happening, mock drafts are a complete joke and popularity contest this time of the year, and hes a popular player on a very good team.

I dont think he gets drafted.
    Lol I’d bet almost anything on it.

He’s not going to go from lottery pick to undrafted because of one game. That’s crazy...

He’s a lock for the first round and I wouldn’t be shocked if he still ended up in the late lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Hes being mocked in the top 10?
    For most of the season, yes. Since the tournament, no...but still mid-first/late lottery.

ESPN updated their rankings after the tournament and still have Kispert at 12. The NBA loves shooters.

You can doubt that he’ll go that high, but I’ve never seen a player ranked that high all of a sudden go undrafted or even out of the first round. That never happens.
    Last edited by smood999; 04-11-2021 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Lol I’d bet almost anything on it.

He’s not going to go from lottery pick to undrafted because of one game. That’s crazy...

He’s a lock for the first round and I wouldn’t be shocked if he still ended up in the late lottery.
    The Mocks have shown some movement up and down for many players in recent weeks due to the tournament. Hopefully some player will slip down to us that we didn't anticipate. On the other hand some players based on earlier mocks maybe unavailable to us as they rise. I think players that I like Wagner, Moody, Boughtknight maybe be picked just ahead of our picks but may be a attainable if we move up using our second round picks. Should be interesting. Last seasons draft was indeed a deep draft. Is this draft deeper in talent if so we have a chance to draft two to three future rotation pieces and maybe three impact players down the road. The fourth and last pick maybe will be a draft and stash.

I'm thinking we will draft @ #18 and #21. Based on where I see players going, I think that would mean:

#18 Isaiah Jackson

#21 Jared Butler

and then

#32 Quentin Grimes

#59 Jeremiah Robinson-Earl

Although I've been wanting Davion Mitchell for a few months now, I think he will be a lottery pick (#9) and won't be around when we draft. With Isaiah Jackson's upside, energy and motor as well as Kentucky connection - he seems like the right call for a big. Leaving Jared Butler who's combination of shooting, maturity, scoring knack and PG play also seems like the perfect fit for the Knicks in a combo guard backcourt w/IQ.

I'm taking Jared Butler over Ayo Dosunmu, Tre Mann, and Sharife Cooper who will all be snatched up by the end of the 1st Round.

Quentin Grimes can shoot and will be a great 3 & D pick for the bench. Robinson-Earl has a high motor (and potential upside) but would be a great Swiss army knife off the bench covering the 3 & 4.
    Last edited by oballers; 04-13-2021 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oballers View Post
    I'm thinking we will draft @ #18 and #21. Based on where I see players going I think that would mean:

#18 Isaiah Jackson

#21 Jared Butler

and then

#32 Quentin Grimes

#59 Jeremiah Robinson-Earl
    I can’t imagine us taking another big with limited offense with our 1st pick in this draft.

We need guards and wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    I can’t imagine us taking another big with limited offense with our 1st pick in this draft.

We need guards and wings.
    It's a matter of knowing that there are guards to be taken w/the 2nd pick and Butler will likely still be there. However, Isaiah Jackson would not be. Also we have no idea how durable Mitch Robinson will be and or if he won't be moved on in a trade. So just as we took a guard with the later pick last year it would make strategic sense to do so again this year.

I'm not interested in a wing in the 1st round. We have RJ, Burks, Bullock and I'm taking 2 wings in the 2nd round. We need a guard w/PG skills that can shoot.
    Last edited by oballers; 04-13-2021 at 10:00 AM.

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast