Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 73 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1854

2020-21 NCAA Scouting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Wasserman has us taking Trey Murphy and Isaiah Jackson at 19 and 21. (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nd-latest-buzz).

Seem like more of "needs" based draft picks, but those are two guys I can get behind.
    Give Murray Jacksonís motor and Jackson Murphy J and Iím all about it. Jackson is one live body. He is super thin and lacks refined skills. Out of the two I do like Jackson more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 07-21-2021 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Tre Mann how does he compare to combo guards drafted last year for a point of reference in your folks opinions. And same for Jared Butler and anyone else you might want to compare for a player in our draft range
    Rough comparisons, but Iíd say Jared Butlerís high side comp could be Tyrese Haliburton.

Tre Mann is a bit harder. Maybe Quickley with a bit more size, but worse measurables and worse defense.
    Last edited by Bubba313; 07-21-2021 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Give Murray Jacksonís motor and Jackson Murphy J and Iím all about it. Jackson is one live body. He is super thin and lacks refined skills. Out of the two I do like Jackson more.

I like Jackson more too.

Deuce McBride is a little bit interesting

Rough comparisons, but Iíd say Jared Butlerís high side comp could be Tyrese Haliburton.

Tre Mann is a bit harder. Maybe Quickley with a bit more size, but worse measurables and worse defense.
    I like Butler, but not crazy about Mann.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I like Butler, but not crazy about Mann.
    Iíll admit I like Mann, basically for the sole reason that he can shoot 3s off the dribble really well. He doesnít provide much else, but that skill alone will get you somewhere right now.

Iíll admit I like Mann, basically for the sole reason that he can shoot 3s off the dribble really well. He doesnít provide much else, but that skill alone will get you somewhere right now.
    It definitely does. I guess for me itís more about who else they can get to provide those things - Thomas, Hyland, etc.

I donít hate him, I just wouldnít take him over Cam if thatís what they wanted and guys like Hyland or even Josh Christopher can be had later.

McBride and Springer are other guys I think I prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    It definitely does. I guess for me itís more about who else they can get to provide those things - Thomas, Hyland, etc.

I donít hate him, I just wouldnít take him over Cam if thatís what they wanted and guys like Hyland or even Josh Christopher can be had later.

McBride and Springer are other guys I think I prefer.
    Out of those guys, Iíd have Cam Thomas ahead of Mann by a bit. I think heís got serious potential especially with coaches like Thibs and Johnnie Bryant.

I prefer Mann and maybe Springer to the other guys, but I think Hyland is a real sleeper. Would love him at 32, even if he is kind of the same player as IQ.

Out of those guys, Iíd have Cam Thomas ahead of Mann by a bit. I think heís got serious potential especially with coaches like Thibs and Johnnie Bryant.

I prefer Mann and maybe Springer to the other guys, but I think Hyland is a real sleeper. Would love him at 32, even if he is kind of the same player as IQ.
    Yeah I like Cam because we donít lack just shooting, we lack scoring and getting to the FT line. Iíd like at least one of our picks to have a higher upside. With the other 1-2 picks being more high-floor types.

I think this FO has multiple draft day strategies lined up to address PG:

Plan A: IF, a big IF, somehow Suggs slides to Orlando at 5 (Hou would have to take Green, CLE would have to be in love with Kuminga to improve their defense so that TOR almost has to take Mobley)

Then pull the trigger with the Pels for Bledsoe and the 10th for 21(and a present/future 2nd rd pick if needed), then turnaround and flip 10 + Obi + Dal 2022 pick for 5 to nab Suggs.

Plan B: Suggs isn't there at 5, Execute rumored Obi + Knox + 21 for Sexton

Plan C: If Sexton rumor is just smoke &/or Cle wants too much in the deal, Package 19 or 21 + 21 or 32 if needed (they're apparently researching this now) to move up far enough for Cooper

I'm content with any of those options, especially if whatever pick is left after any of those moves, is then used on a sharp shooting wing

With the 58th pick NY Knicks select....

Alright, not the most exciting part of the draft, also the most impossible to predict, but just want to throw some possible late 2nd names out there that look interesting if we keep the pick...

Joe Weiskamp: Sniper with vert
    Kessler Edwards: Swiss army knife tweener
    Luka Garza: Looks like bigger Wally Szczerbiak
    Neemias Queta: The later it gets, the more I like him as a backup big
    Charles Bassey: The later it gets, the more I like him as a backup big
    Jason Preston: Could be a Linsanity type story in the making with Ball brother looking game

For 1st round Wings:

According to some it appears Moses Moody & Joe Bouknight are moving too far up the boards to trade up for with just our pick combinations,

Duarte appears to be rising as well, although I don't think he has the upside worth a combination of 2 picks...

High floor, lower ceiling Murphy III should still be there at our picks if we stand pat...

But another wing that appears to be "dropping" as we move closer to the draft is Jalen Johnson from Duke...

Scouts have player comped him anywhere between a combination of Aaron Gordon & Ben Simmons, Paul Pierce, TJ Warren, Tobias Harris, to a bigger (6'9", 7' wingspan) RJ Barrett

"Orange Flags" on him surround mostly his preparation for the draft (not rejoining his Duke team)...

We've seen steals for similar kinds of pre draft missteps before (Mitch for us)...

If you watch his tape, there's def some sleeper star potential there,

If he could be had with just a combo of 19+21, do you gamble on him being the potential long term piece between Randle and RJ?

Is he who this FO may be "targeting" on the rumored trade up into the late lottery?

Quote Originally Posted by NYK2RIP View Post
    I think this FO has multiple draft day strategies lined up to address PG:

Plan A: IF, a big IF, somehow Suggs slides to Orlando at 5 (Hou would have to take Green, CLE would have to be in love with Kuminga to improve their defense so that TOR almost has to take Mobley)

Then pull the trigger with the Pels for Bledsoe and the 10th for 21(and a present/future 2nd rd pick if needed), then turnaround and flip 10 + Obi + Dal 2022 pick for 5 to nab Suggs.

Plan B: Suggs isn't there at 5, Execute rumored Obi + Knox + 21 for Sexton

Plan C: If Sexton rumor is just smoke &/or Cle wants too much in the deal, Package 19 or 21 + 21 or 32 if needed (they're apparently researching this now) to move up far enough for Cooper

I'm content with any of those options, especially if whatever pick is left after any of those moves, is then used on a sharp shooting wing

Thereís zero indications that either A or B have any chance of happening.

Quote Originally Posted by NYK2RIP View Post
    With the 58th pick NY Knicks select....

Alright, not the most exciting part of the draft, also the most impossible to predict, but just want to throw some possible late 2nd names out there that look interesting if we keep the pick...

Joe Weiskamp: Sniper with vert
    Kessler Edwards: Swiss army knife tweener
    Luka Garza: Looks like bigger Wally Szczerbiak
    Neemias Queta: The later it gets, the more I like him as a backup big
    Charles Bassey: The later it gets, the more I like him as a backup big
    Jason Preston: Could be a Linsanity type story in the making with Ball brother looking game
    I like Bassey and it would be fun to add two Lukas is one off season donít know the other guys but thanks

Deuce McBride is a little bit interesting

I like Bassey and it would be fun to add two Lukas is one off season donít know the other guys but thanks

I like this draft. We are picking in the last third of the first round so we target role players and not try to pick the next foundation piece so pressure if off. Not saying you don't value the picks. We need to add valuable role players, but have way more options based on the skill sets of the players available. Let's realistically hope we get one rotation player but audaciously hope for two or three