Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Either way Atlanta with their starting 5 and bench they look deep after this off season
    Wait, Okongwu is injured???

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    It will be very interesting to see how they fit Dunn in? He definitely did not come here to not be in the regular rotation.
    I see Dunn coming in later end of each quarters, especially 4th. I think he'll be great for Huerter. Once Huerter better his D game he'll be exactly what we drafted him to be....

Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    I see Dunn coming in later end of each quarters, especially 4th. I think he'll be great for Huerter. Once Huerter better his D game he'll be exactly what we drafted him to be....
    I liked Dunn, thought he as the near perfect back up pg for Trae, until we got Rondo! Now I see it as a somewhat crowded back court. Dunn can defend either back court slot which does give him some flexibility if someone gets injured. That being said not wishing it on anyone! With Trae and Rondo getting most, if not all of the min at point, some combination of Bog, Cam, Hunter, and Huerter occupying almost all the min on the wing ( 2 and 3), with Gallo seeing at least a few at the 3, I just donít see a clean fit, consistently. By clean fit, clean fit for consistent playing time.

I think Solo is at a point where he will except the role given, I donít know that Dunn with his age and experience, is at that same point.
    Last edited by SB75; 12-08-2020 at 06:07 PM.

I liked Dunn, thought he as the near perfect back up pg for Trae, until we got Rondo! Now I see it as a somewhat crowded back court. Dunn can defend either back court slot which does give him some flexibility if someone gets injured. That being said not wishing it on anyone! With Trae and Rondo getting most, if not all of the min at point, some combination of Bog, Cam, Hunter, and Huerter occupying almost all the min on the wing ( 2 and 3), with Gallo seeing at least a few at the 3, I just donít see a clean fit, consistently. By clean fit, clean fit for consistent playing time.

I think Solo is at a point where he will except the role given, I donít know that Dunn with his age and experience, is at that same point.
    You got a good point. It's a good problem to have, being very deep. A problem with that problem is limited mins among young guys with a lot of potential. Say Okongwu, as an example. Could he fill Collins shoes? For some reason I find him more as PF than a C. Not so much his height but bc of his athleticism. I see a lot of potential in this guy. Now, will he get the playing time he deserves bc of both Collins and Capela ahead of him, not to mention Gallo? Now same question with both Hunter and Cam. Obviously they will be competing with each other for the last wing spot but who would to say they both don't have the potential to start ahead of guys in front of them? Again, same with Huerter. We can see what this guy can do behind the line. Little work in D and I see a stud in him. My biggest hope is for both Reddish and Hunter to deserve starting role among this squad and Okongwu opens our eyes wide enough where we can say good bye to Collins. Huerter improves his D (which I think Dunn is a plus here in helping him) and becomes the players we all imagine he would turn out to be before draft. It's rewinding to beginning of last season. Such a young core with much potentials...

You got a good point. It's a good problem to have, being very deep. A problem with that problem is limited mins among young guys with a lot of potential. Say Okongwu, as an example. Could he fill Collins shoes? For some reason I find him more as PF than a C. Not so much his height but bc of his athleticism. I see a lot of potential in this guy. Now, will he get the playing time he deserves bc of both Collins and Capela ahead of him, not to mention Gallo? Now same question with both Hunter and Cam. Obviously they will be competing with each other for the last wing spot but who would to say they both don't have the potential to start ahead of guys in front of them? Again, same with Huerter. We can see what this guy can do behind the line. Little work in D and I see a stud in him. My biggest hope is for both Reddish and Hunter to deserve starting role among this squad and Okongwu opens our eyes wide enough where we can say good bye to Collins. Huerter improves his D (which I think Dunn is a plus here in helping him) and becomes the players we all imagine he would turn out to be before draft. It's rewinding to beginning of last season. Such a young core with much potentials...
    Yes and if I'm Atlanta honestly I trade Huerter and Hunter at this point

Yes and if I'm Atlanta honestly I trade Huerter and Hunter at this point
    Why in the world would you do that? I see these 2 as future to the team. No way. Hunter just entering sophomore year and Huerter his 3rd. Both proven a good bit already. It would be the older vets who would get traded before them...

My us my hope. Okongwu proves to be a starter at C/PF and easily fill Collins shoes, nonetheless much better defender. We sign n trade Collins and send Capela to the Bucks while Giannis and future 1st pick comes to us. Reddish improves drastically while much more improvements from Huerter, Hunter and Fernando. Trade Gallo to open up more cap space for Trae.

Reddish
    Giannis
    Bogdan
    Young
    Okongwu

Bench: Dunn, Huerter, Fernando, Hunter, Rondo

Like I said, I feel this is our best hope. Now we can play best of the best. While wishful thinking here, I do see it possible...

Why in the world would you do that? I see these 2 as future to the team. No way. Hunter just entering sophomore year and Huerter his 3rd. Both proven a good bit already. It would be the older vets who would get traded before them...
    I would trade them if it meant loading up on vets to further strengthen this team

I would trade them if it meant loading up on vets to further strengthen this team
    NO SIR!

Trade for a Superstar? Yes! And thatís why there is a chance I f Hunter starting, to strengthen his trade value for such an event.

Trade them for vets that help us from a 7th or 8th seed to a 5 TJ or 6th seed? Absolutely NOT! No need to load up on vets when we have younger cheaper talent that already might be better! We brought in 4 vets ( Capela, Gallo, Solo, and Rondo) since the trade deadline. If itís not a Superstar, how many more do we need? Trading them for vets would be relying heavily on Cam becoming a Superstar. Iím in his corner, I think he can, but you donít take that silly risk at this point.

Superstar lead teams win in this league! The last team I can name that win without a superstar was the Mavs. And they had Dirk! We donít have a Dirk!

NO SIR!

Trade for a Superstar? Yes! And thatís why there is a chance I f Hunter starting, to strengthen his trade value for such an event.

Trade them for vets that help us from a 7th or 8th seed to a 5 TJ or 6th seed? Absolutely NOT! No need to load up on vets when we have younger cheaper talent that already might be better! We brought in 4 vets ( Capela, Gallo, Solo, and Rondo) since the trade deadline. If itís not a Superstar, how many more do we need? Trading them for vets would be relying heavily on Cam becoming a Superstar. Iím in his corner, I think he can, but you donít take that silly risk at this point.

Superstar lead teams win in this league! The last team I can name that win without a superstar was the Mavs. And they had Dirk! We donít have a Dirk!
    That's what I meant...you can trade Huerter and Hunter in a package with John Collins especially to try to land a superstar in the ATL

Atlanta looked pretty good last night in pre season despite the loss

In the Cam vs Hunter, I view game 1 as a slight edge for Hunter.

Hunter had a rough start but ended strong. He was able to get to the free throw line and not turn the ball over. And he was aggressive. Giving you 18 pts and 3 reb.

Cam started strong and missed several shots as the game went on. Cam was able to rebound well and make a few plays to get assist. Unfortunately Cam did have to many turnovers, but he to was aggressive. Ending with 13pts, 8reb, and three assist.

The reason I say it is just a slight edge despite Hunter shooting it better and being more efficient is that Hunter didnít do much more than that. Cam did make plays for others and rebound extremely well. No swipe at Hunter as it seems that he did what was asked of him and did start. -9 with Hunter on the floor, - 2 with Cam on the floor.

On a side note... I didnít expect to see Bog and Cam run the offense as much as they did. I donít know if thatís a sign of things to come or coach trying something in the preseason or just Rondo and Dunn not playing?

In the Cam vs Hunter, I view game 1 as a slight edge for Hunter.

Hunter had a rough start but ended strong. He was able to get to the free throw line and not turn the ball over. And he was aggressive. Giving you 18 pts and 3 reb.

Cam started strong and missed several shots as the game went on. Cam was able to rebound well and make a few plays to get assist. Unfortunately Cam did have to many turnovers, but he to was aggressive. Ending with 13pts, 8reb, and three assist.

The reason I say it is just a slight edge despite Hunter shooting it better and being more efficient is that Hunter didnít do much more than that. Cam did make plays for others and rebound extremely well. No swipe at Hunter as it seems that he did what was asked of him and did start. -9 with Hunter on the floor, - 2 with Cam on the floor.
    Hunter I think could have a breakout season if he's a starter

Hunter I think could have a breakout season if he's a starter
    What I was trying to explain in a post I posted few days ago, maybe a week at most. I agree with you but think same for Cam as well. It's gonna be battle with the 2 of them this season...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast