Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Yeah true but Cam I can't see him starting especially over Gallinari or even over Hunter either
    Well TS said Gallo was recruited primarily to be Collins back up. So while I think he will get a handful of starts, barring injury, I donít see many of the coming at the 3.

Hunter Iíd think is the biggest challenge. Sounds like youíre dead set against Cam even going as far as to ď guarantee itĒ, thatís a strong belief. It is what it is, just interested in the reason behind it? If you where never a fan of his or just donít like him as a player, I can dig it, I donít agree, but I can dig it and hope he changes your mind.

I wouldnít be surprised to see Hunter start, Iím just giving the edge to Cam at the moment.

In the days since then, however, Hawks president of basketball operations Travis Schlenk told a group of season-ticket holders that Gallinari was made aware of the teamís plans to deploy him in a reserve role. On Wednesday, Gallinari confirmed that understanding when asked if Schlenkís public comments were indeed correct.

ďItís correct,Ē Gallinari said during his first media availability since joining the franchise. ďOne of the things I said before that excites me is the young guys that we got are very, very good and very talented, and I do believe in the young guys weíve got. The young guys weíve got are very, very good. If I didnít believe in these young guys, I wouldnít have picked the ATL. I really believe in the group that weíve got. My focus since Iíve been playing basketball is winning. Whatever the coach wants me to do and needs me to do win, thatís what Iím going to do.íí

The above is from an article on peach tree hoops.com.

Iíd also like to temper expectations a little. While I will root for us every game and would LOVE to be proven wrong on this, I donít think we are a top 6 team as presently constructed! Barring injury or huge trades, Bk, Bos, Philly, Miami, Mil, and Tor should still hold an edge. I think Miami is capable of slipping, but today they are a better team. We should be able to fight into the playoffs with Ind and Orl being our main teams battling.

Again Iíd Love to be proven wrong!

Atlanta is gon be makin the playoffs best believe that

Atlanta is gon be makin the playoffs best believe that
    The sooner they click, the better their record/season will be...

Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    The sooner they click, the better their record/season will be...
    But I see Atlanta clicking especially with all those pieces they added and they have their rookie in Okongwu...ATL bout to be a contender soon

While I do think we have the ability to click right away, I strongly hesitate in saying we are a contender.

We have ability to click because we are sliding in three major pieces that are all just upgrades to what we thought we had. There doesnít need to be a change in philosophy or style of play. BB us a major upgrade to what we thought we had in Huerter. Same type of playing style just better. No knock on Kev, I think he still has a future with this team. Clint us a major upgrade to what we had in Jones. A rim running big, whoís job is to catch lobs, rebound, block shots, and play defense. Gallo is Mikeís ahead of Ski. But all and all a stretch 4 who can shoot it and do things most Bigs canít. Miles ahead of Skal, but the same type of play.

The reasons above are the reasons I think we will click almost immediately if everyone excepts their roles. While the players are better and different, their style of play is not! Travis definitely had a plan and a vision of how he wants to play. You can even add Dunn as an upgrade of Bembry, less athletic, but tough and will except the defensive challenge. Rondo is an ingredient we didnít have. Heís also a player on a contract that can be easily moved if it doesnít workout.

As far as contender, pump the breaks a little. Unless Cam takes a huge step ( and itís possible, heís my guy), we still donít have that legit 3rd star! I like Hunter and as stated he is in competition for the starting 3 spot, however I donít see him as the 3rd star. However we have as many trade assets as anyone, so we could still possibly add that player.

Atlanta with their pieces remind me of Denver

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    While I do think we have the ability to click right away, I strongly hesitate in saying we are a contender.

We have ability to click because we are sliding in three major pieces that are all just upgrades to what we thought we had. There doesnít need to be a change in philosophy or style of play. BB us a major upgrade to what we thought we had in Huerter. Same type of playing style just better. No knock on Kev, I think he still has a future with this team. Clint us a major upgrade to what we had in Jones. A rim running big, whoís job is to catch lobs, rebound, block shots, and play defense. Gallo is Mikeís ahead of Ski. But all and all a stretch 4 who can shoot it and do things most Bigs canít. Miles ahead of Skal, but the same type of play.

The reasons above are the reasons I think we will click almost immediately if everyone excepts their roles. While the players are better and different, their style of play is not! Travis definitely had a plan and a vision of how he wants to play. You can even add Dunn as an upgrade of Bembry, less athletic, but tough and will except the defensive challenge. Rondo is an ingredient we didnít have. Heís also a player on a contract that can be easily moved if it doesnít workout.

As far as contender, pump the breaks a little. Unless Cam takes a huge step ( and itís possible, heís my guy), we still donít have that legit 3rd star! I like Hunter and as stated he is in competition for the starting 3 spot, however I donít see him as the 3rd star. However we have as many trade assets as anyone, so we could still possibly add that player.
    Like I said previously, it wouldn't surprise me if Cam became that 3rd star. We will see what he's made of in his sophomore year. His numbers were better all around as the season progressed. Shot 50% (38% 3s) near 17/gm post AS even tho just 10 gms. All his numbers was on a consistent incline from beginning to end showing he has gotten more comfortable as he was playing.

All in all, this team will be a deep shooting threat. Keep Capela around the rim while other 4 guys spread out behind the arc. Trae will have more freedom when he has the ball. He was double-teamed a lot last season. Won't happen anymore. The better our D, the more games we will win...

Atlanta with their pieces remind me of Denver
    That's exactly what I was thinking when I found out we made an offer to Bogdan...

Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    Like I said previously, it wouldn't surprise me if Cam became that 3rd star. We will see what he's made of in his sophomore year. His numbers were better all around as the season progressed. Shot 50% (38% 3s) near 17/gm post AS even tho just 10 gms. All his numbers was on a consistent incline from beginning to end showing he has gotten more comfortable as he was playing.

All in all, this team will be a deep shooting threat. Keep Capela around the rim while other 4 guys spread out behind the arc. Trae will have more freedom when he has the ball. He was double-teamed a lot last season. Won't happen anymore. The better our D, the more games we will win...
    I mean Cams my guy, I was definitely on his bandwagon before the Hawks drafted him. And he was the guy I wanted in the draft. I definitely think he can become the the third, if not the second, or eventually best player on this team!

All that being said.... I think thatís a little much to ask for this year. I think 17/6/3 would be solid numbers for this year, but I also think theyíll be a little up and down. I wouldnít expect total consistency.

So while I do expect us to make the playoffs and have a legit chance if we stay healthy to upset a team in the first round, Iím not expecting us as contender this year.

But Iíd LOVE to be proven wrong! And yes I said it, Cam can be the best player on this team if he reaches his ceiling. Better than John, Better than BB, Better than Trae! But he has a ways to go, letís enjoy the ride and not put to much pressure on him!

For Cam his number I think if he's starting lineup anywhere from 15 to 17 points a game realistically

For Cam his number I think if he's starting lineup anywhere from 15 to 17 points a game realistically
    Iíd agree with that. Iíd say 17 pts, 6 reb, 2 asst, 2 stls and a block a game would be reasonable targets. But Iím m more interested n the efficiency he dose it with. I think Cam has the ability and Trae will get him the open looks to shoot at a very high efficiency rate. Iím going with a 50/40/85 slash line. With great pressure Defense.

PG- Trae Young
    SG- Bojan Bogdanovic
    SF- Cam Reddish
    PF- John Collins
    C- Clint Capela

Off my bench with 2nd unit

PG- Rajon Rondo
    SG- Kevin Huerter
    SF- DeAndre Hunter
    PF- Danilo Gallinari
    C- Onyeka Okongwu (once his injury heals up)

PG- Trae Young
    SG- Bojan Bogdanovic
    SF- Cam Reddish
    PF- John Collins
    C- Clint Capela

Off my bench with 2nd unit

PG- Rajon Rondo
    SG- Kevin Huerter
    SF- DeAndre Hunter
    PF- Danilo Gallinari
    C- Onyeka Okongwu (once his injury heals up)
    It will be very interesting to see how they fit Dunn in? He definitely did not come here to not be in the regular rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    It will be very interesting to see how they fit Dunn in? He definitely did not come here to not be in the regular rotation.
    Either way Atlanta with their starting 5 and bench they look deep after this off season

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast