Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sorry for beating a dead horse here. Just like how both Hunter and Cam could play limited mins, same goes with Huerter. Why stunt their potentials? I know we're trying to win and not saying I'm against the moves we've made. Honestly not sure what to say other than wanting these trio to develop as much as possible as I see huge future with the team for them. Well, I hope I do...

Well, Giannis sign an exts with the Bucks. There goes my dream. Of course he coming to ATL was just wishful thinking. Well, what should we do now? Focus on Collins? I'm assuming in order to sign him is to let Capela, Gallo or Bogman go after the season, correct? Then again with Trae, the following season???

Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    Well, Giannis sign an exts with the Bucks. There goes my dream. Of course he coming to ATL was just wishful thinking. Well, what should we do now? Focus on Collins? I'm assuming in order to sign him is to let Capela, Gallo or Bogman go after the season, correct? Then again with Trae, the following season???
    I can see Trae signing a supermax and staying loyal to Atlanta doin what Giannis did when his free agency comes up but as far as Collins...if I'm the Hawks, I trade Collins. But as for where you can trade John Collins to: Minnesota Timberwolves, Sacramento Kings, New York Knicks, Chicago Bulls or to the Utah Jazz. I would keep Capela and have him at the 5 and Okongwu at the 4. Then for Bogdanovic...I would keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I can see Trae signing a supermax and staying loyal to Atlanta doin what Giannis did when his free agency comes up but as far as Collins...if I'm the Hawks, I trade Collins. But as for where you can trade John Collins to: Minnesota Timberwolves, Sacramento Kings, New York Knicks, Chicago Bulls or to the Utah Jazz. I would keep Capela and have him at the 5 and Okongwu at the 4. Then for Bogdanovic...I would keep him.
    If Okongwu can fill Collins' shoes, why not? I would prefer that. He will def be a better defender....

Pierce should start both Reddish and Hunter next and final preseason game and see how that works out. Use Bogdan off the bench. While it's only been 3 games, both of them have been consistent along with Capela...

Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    Pierce should start both Reddish and Hunter next and final preseason game and see how that works out. Use Bogdan off the bench. While it's only been 3 games, both of them have been consistent along with Capela...
    Hunter has played well, so well Reddish has not really had a chance with the starting line-up. As much as Iíve been on the Cam Wagon for years and still think he has the most talented, itís going to be difficult to in seed Hunter.

We gave Bogs a big enough contact that he will start this year barring injury. I expect Bogís to contribute heavily! That being said if Mil offers a sweet heart deal to us to keep the Freak happy, I wouldnít be surprised to see him traded.
    Last edited by SB75; 12-19-2020 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Hunter has played well, so well Reddish has not really had a chance with the starting line-up. As much as Iíve been on the Cam Wagon for years and still think he has the most talented, itís going to be difficult to in seed Hunter.

We gave Bogs a big enough contact that he will start this year barring injury. I expect Bogís to contribute heavily! That being said if Mil offers a sweet heart deal to us to keep the Freak happy, I wouldnít be surprised to see him traded.
    I think Hunter will be better than Reddish long term

I think Hunter will be better than Reddish long term
    Youíve expressed that, I just disagree. Iím more interested in your reason, I havenít got the articulation requested on that.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Youíve expressed that, I just disagree. Iím more interested in your reason, I havenít got the articulation requested on that.
    Hunter is just all that much better especially on the defensive side of the ball. Lockdown type of defender but offensively he is starting to tick well sort of but offensively for right now Reddish is better but Hunter has more potential to grow and he is getting better offensively. When Hunter came out, they compared him to a young Kawhi when he was coming out in the Draft.

Hunter is just all that much better especially on the defensive side of the ball. Lockdown type of defender but offensively he is starting to tick well sort of but offensively for right now Reddish is better but Hunter has more potential to grow and he is getting better offensively. When Hunter came out, they compared him to a young Kawhi when he was coming out in the Draft.
    I remember that. It was a combo of Kawhi and Durant, wasn't it? Well, wouldn't hurt my feelings if it turns out that way lol. One thing I will say is Reddish has as much to grow as Hunter, if not more. A very poor start hurt him his rookie year but there was an excuse to that. He came strong as season progressed. Honestly, Hunter really impressed me lately but again, Reddish being doing what I expected. Hard to argue here. This season will say. Let's hope both shines to be stars then it would be ok, if Collins let loose and hopefully Okongwu can fill that hole. Does anyone know how we are financially moving forward? Are we able to afford max contracts on both Collins and Young? Let's not forget, Reddish, Hunter and Huerter too lol. Looks we may have to trade both Bog and Gallo to keep both Collins and Young. That's why in asking...

The Kawhi comparison was always far fetched! I can go down the list of things K did extremely well in college, that are not in Hunters game at all, but I think you know that, so itíd be a waste of time.

The biggest thing that I think irritates those having a debate on Hunter and Cam, is that Cam has gotten significant praise for his defense, and Hunter has not. Cam does it in a much flashier way with the deflections, loose balls and steals. In a T-Max/ PG-13 type if you will. Where as Hunter is more physical, more in the right position at the right time, more ground and pound, if I may caption it. Think Shane Battier/Dennise Rodman without the antics. Those are all elite and at times lock down defenders. They just do it in different ways. Which style you prefer, is up to you. But I personally canít really rate one significantly above the other at this point in there careers, itís more about the matchup and which one bothers the offensive player more.

Offensively I donít think youíd find to many to agree with you that Hunter has more room to grow. I think most would agree Cams ceiling and growth potential far exceed Hunters offensively. Will Cam reach that ceiling? Who knows, so yes there is a chance Hunter is better. But potential, Iím definitely going with Cam.

The one thing I say certainly firmly fits in Hunterís corner is fit! Hunter should be able to a high level 3AndD player on any team. He can play the two or three right now defensively and some 4. Heís also a player that doesnít need the ball or have any trouble staying in rythem. Cam not necessarily the same. While he doesnít need the ball on a consistent basis, he does play significantly better when heís featured for short spurts. With Trae, bogs, and Collins being elite catch and shoot for their positions, that can happen in Atlanta, however you still want the ball in Traeís hands the majority of the time at this point.

In closing Hunter is and should be the most consistent right now. Age, maturity, and playing experience all play a part.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234