C- Clint Capela

What would your starting 5 look like for next season
    Trae
    Bog
    Reddish
    Collins
    Capela

TS has already said the primary pitch to
    DG was as Collins back up. Iím sure heíll get a couple of starts with injuries, match ups, and the fact that Cam and Hunter are young, so inconsistency is a possibility. But as of now, I think Cam wins the open slot, with Hunter putting some pressure on him, I donít think DG starts.

I think Cam Reddish will come off the bench if anything

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Cam is underrated. Playing with an oblique injury in his only season at Duke then putting up poor performance starting 2019 season. Had oblique surgery along with something else before his rookie season then started his pro career very poorly due to recovery while adjusting to his game. There's a reason why he was hyped in being the top basketball prospect in the country coming out of High School, yes, over Zion. His final 12 games of the season he put up 16.9 pts/gm on 50% shooting. I think he's gonna surprise a lot of people in this upcoming season...

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Trae
    Bog
    Reddish
    Collins
    Capela

TS has already said the primary pitch to
    DG was as Collins back up. Iím sure heíll get a couple of starts with injuries, match ups, and the fact that Cam and Hunter are young, so inconsistency is a possibility. But as of now, I think Cam wins the open slot, with Hunter putting some pressure on him, I donít think DG starts.
    You know, no one has a clue how Capela will fit in. I think being top offensive rim protector in the game, he will fit in nicely. Any 3s being missed, he's score right then or feed the other guys the ball. Exactly what we need especially now with all these deep shooters we have...

SB75ís starting 5 is what I had in mind. Another one, as there are many lol, that I would like to see how it would work:

Young
    BogDan
    Reddish
    Gallo
    Collins

Here I see a scoring machine. Really anything would work. Pierce has a lot to play with. I see us as low as 8th seed but as good as 4th seed, if we adjust quickly as a team. I don't see it taking long even tho with so many ?s factored in. We're just gonna score a lot of points. Wouldn't surprise me if most in NBA. You saw what they did last season. Expect more accuracy in our young guys...

Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    SB75ís starting 5 is what I had in mind. Another one, as there are many lol, that I would like to see how it would work:

Young
    BogDan
    Reddish
    Gallo
    Collins

Here I see a scoring machine. Really anything would work. Pierce has a lot to play with. I see us as low as 8th seed but as good as 4th seed, if we adjust quickly as a team. I don't see it taking long even tho with so many ?s factored in. We're just gonna score a lot of points. Wouldn't surprise me if most in NBA. You saw what they did last season. Expect more accuracy in our young guys...
    Yeah Iíve been saying I think heíll get a handful or starts. I think we could see this one when we play smaller or less physical teams. Dallas comes to mind if they choose to start KP at center.

Iíd be interested to hear why? I have the scoring punch off the bench argument with myself, but with Gallo I think he and Kev will provide that. I will make this caveat.... Hunter may be possibly the better fit if Bog comes in on fire. Hunter doesnít really need the ball to be effective and has the body to be more physical. That being said I still say Cam as he has star potential and I donít want to curve or slow his growth process.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Iíd be interested to hear why? I have the scoring punch off the bench argument with myself, but with Gallo I think he and Kev will provide that. I will make this caveat.... Hunter may be possibly the better fit if Bog comes in on fire. Hunter doesnít really need the ball to be effective and has the body to be more physical. That being said I still say Cam as he has star potential and I donít want to curve or slow his growth process.
    I see Cam coming off the bench for the simple reason that in his rookie year he underperformed or he didn't exactly meet said expectations considering how hyped he was coming out of his draft class which had him, Zion, RJ, etc

I see Cam coming off the bench for the simple reason that in his rookie year he underperformed or he didn't exactly meet said expectations considering how hyped he was coming out of his draft class which had him, Zion, RJ, etc
    Under preform first half of the season? Absolutely! However it is worth noting he was coming off of surgery and did not have the off-season to prepare. Also the Hawks didnít have Collins, so both our rookies had more put on them than they should have.

Under preform the last 23 games? Absolutely Not! He was actually good, not ROY good, but starting in the rookie game at the least.

So I guess it depends on how much stock you put in how he started or finished? But I canít give him an under preformed for the year based on his horrible start, knowing about the surgery.

Even so with this surgery I doubt it makes any difference because he will be coming off the bench guaranteed

Even so with this surgery I doubt it makes any difference because he will be coming off the bench guaranteed
    Maybe, maybe not. Each player been having their own individualize workouts, instead of team workouts. What sucks regarding this off-season. If I'm correct, their first team workout will be next week, when their 1st preseason game is the 11th. Crazy! It wouldn't surprise me either way starting preseason where Can will be. Pierce will be testing his squad out and use his eyes in determining who's starting and who's on bench...

Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. Each player been having their own individualize workouts, instead of team workouts. What sucks regarding this off-season. If I'm correct, their first team workout will be next week, when their 1st preseason game is the 11th. Crazy! It wouldn't surprise me either way starting preseason where Can will be. Pierce will be testing his squad out and use his eyes in determining who's starting and who's on bench...
    Yeah true but Cam I can't see him starting especially over Gallinari or even over Hunter either

Yeah true but Cam I can't see him starting especially over Gallinari or even over Hunter either
    Hunter surprised me last season as he surprised many as season progressed during his season with Auburn (?), ranking out of top 20 to top 5-7 (don't remember exact numbers here). He continued his progress with the Hawks. Now, comparing him and Cam, it's a small sample as Cam put up better numbers all around toward end of season. I think this upcoming season we will see how both will fare in big boy level. I'm hoping both will get their minutes in after these additions we made. My prediction is both will turn out well in their NBA career, and enough potential to be stars...
    You may be right, Hunter has a better chance than Cam in being a starter but I see it the other way around too. It will be a tough battle but that's a good problem for the Hawks...

Well Atlanta is pretty deep...hell Atlanta could even be top 3 or top 4 in the East or even top 5 in the East as far as playoff position for this upcoming season

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast