Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Ok, I think our best lineup may actually be:

FVV
    Lowry
    OG
    Siakam
    Boucher

I'm not sold on Baynes being handed a starters role at all. I know its only 3 pre-season games, but I think Boucher brings the most to the table defensively with his quickness, length and athleticism. He's been developed for the past 2 years in our defensive system. With the 905 2 years ago he pulled a Giannis. He won DPOY and MVP averaging over 27 pts 11 reb and 4 blocks! Then last year he made something happen pretty much every time he came in the game, and when they gave him real minutes he put up solid numbers last year.

I think he can play their switch everything style better than Baynes or Len, and I'd rather play him at the 5 than make OG play there. I think its time we let him loose with the starters. My guess is he'd avg a healthy double-double with 2+ blocks...and have regular appearances on the morning highlights..😉 Which is a lot more than I think Baynes will.

They gave him essentially the same money they gave Baynes, so it shows you that they think he's valuable. I think Baynes needs more time to get comfortable in the system before he gets starts...If he can prove he's better than Boucher.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post

FVV
    Lowry
    OG
    Siakam
    Boucher

I'm not sold on Baynes being handed a starters role at all. I know its only 3 pre-season games, but I think Boucher brings the most to the table defensively with his quickness, length and athleticism. He's been developed for the past 2 years in our defensive system. With the 905 2 years ago he pulled a Giannis. He won DPOY and MVP averaging over 27 pts 11 reb and 4 blocks! Then last year he made something happen pretty much every time he came in the game, and when they gave him real minutes he put up solid numbers last year.

I think he can play their switch everything style better than Baynes or Len, and I'd rather play him at the 5 than make OG play there. I think its time we let him loose with the starters. My guess is he'd avg a healthy double-double with 2+ blocks...and have regular appearances on the morning highlights..😉 Which is a lot more than I think Baynes will.

They gave him essentially the same money they gave Baynes, so it shows you that they think he's valuable. I think Baynes needs more time to get comfortable in the system before he gets starts...If he can prove he's better than Boucher.
    Thank you!
    Iíve been asking for this. I think the C position will rotate based on matchup until someone emerges. I think boucher has the best chance to really emerge.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post

FVV
    Lowry
    OG
    Siakam
    Boucher

I can see your proposed lineup happening. It'd be an incredibly fast paced offence. My only worry is Boucher getting abused on the defensive glass. He's got great energy on the offensive glass but he gets bullied on the other end. That lineup would give up a lot of offensive boards.

If Boucher gets 25MPG this year I'd expect something like 11/8.5 from him with 1 steal and 2 blocks.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 12-19-2020 at 03:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I can see your proposed lineup happening. It'd be an incredibly fast paced offence. My only worry is Boucher getting abused on the defensive glass. He's got great energy on the offensive glass but he gets bullied on the other end. That lineup would give up a lot of offensive boards.

If Boucher gets 25MPG this year I'd expect something like 11/8.5 from him with 1 steal and 2 blocks.
    Can per25 stats be found anywhere? Because I think he has averaged better than those numbers so far in his career. (From the eye test of course).

Can per25 stats be found anywhere? Because I think he has averaged better than those numbers so far in his career. (From the eye test of course).
    No idea. That's just what I think his minutes will be around this year. Baynes and Len will never be sharing the floor together and when the Raps run small it makes sense to put Boucher at the 5.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345