Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 65
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,679

    Raptors starting 5

    PG- Lowry
    SG- Van Vleet
    SF- Anunoby
    PF- Siakam
    C- Baynes

    That is what y'all should do but if anythin I can easily see it being:

    PG- Lowry
    SG- Van Vleet
    SF- Anunoby
    PF- Siakam
    C- Boucher

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20,975
    I'm not sure there is much discussion to be had here. The only question mark is at the center position but at this point, it seems like Baynes will be starting.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,291
    My ideal lineup would be
    Lowry
    Powell
    OG
    Siakam
    Boucher
    FVV with 30 minutes off the bench.

    I think FVV might start though and one of the new C will start.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,679
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    My ideal lineup would be
    Lowry
    Powell
    OG
    Siakam
    Boucher
    FVV with 30 minutes off the bench.

    I think FVV might start though and one of the new C will start.
    After that huge payday no way Van Vleet comes off the bench...he is in the starting lineup

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    After that huge payday no way Van Vleet comes off the bench...he is in the starting lineup
    That isn’t a factor for me. Shouldn’t be for nurse either. Infact - getting Powell into the starting lineup has more salary implications than FVV.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    12,435
    Nurse doesn't sit with same lineups unless its earned. He likes to shift based on matchup. Gasol/Ibaka eventually fell into their roles, but he staggered depending on opponent often. Within fewer veterans, I'd expect more fluidity and experimentation, especially with the bigs.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20,975
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Nurse doesn't sit with same lineups unless its earned. He likes to shift based on matchup. Gasol/Ibaka eventually fell into their roles, but he staggered depending on opponent often. Within fewer veterans, I'd expect more fluidity and experimentation, especially with the bigs.
    Yeah I think Nurse will continue that approach at center.

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,679
    Or what y'all can do

    PG- Lowry
    SG- Van Vleet
    SF- Anunoby
    PF- Siakam
    C- Baynes

    2nd unit (bench)

    PG- Malachi Flynn (rookie)
    SG- Jalen Harris (rookie)
    SF- Norm Powell
    PF- Alex Len
    C- Chris Boucher

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,310
    I think our top 10 is:

    Lowry/Thomas
    FVV/Powell
    OG/Davis
    Siakam/Boucher
    Baynes/Len

    They never let both Lowry and FVV sit at the same time, and they didnt use a 3rd PG last year so not having a 3rd in the regular rotation can def still work. I know people seem to love Flynn and want to give hom instant PT, but I think he should start for/with the 905 to learn the system. They need to let Thomas and his near 50% 3pt shot log some regular minutes. He's too good a shooter not to play regularly.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    12,435
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I think our top 10 is:

    Lowry/Thomas
    FVV/Powell
    OG/Davis
    Siakam/Boucher
    Baynes/Len

    They never let both Lowry and FVV sit at the same time, and they didnt use a 3rd PG last year so not having a 3rd in the regular rotation can def still work. I know people seem to love Flynn and want to give hom instant PT, but I think he should start for/with the 905 to learn the system. They need to let Thomas and his near 50% 3pt shot log some regular minutes. He's too good a shooter not to play regularly.
    We'll have to wait on the status of Davis, but otherwise I agree. Paul Watson and Malachi Flynn are the outside candidates to take those minutes if he isn't with us IMO. But for some reason, I get the feeling McCaw will get some run.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    24,027
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I think our top 10 is:

    Lowry/Thomas
    FVV/Powell
    OG/Davis
    Siakam/Boucher
    Baynes/Len

    They never let both Lowry and FVV sit at the same time, and they didnt use a 3rd PG last year so not having a 3rd in the regular rotation can def still work. I know people seem to love Flynn and want to give hom instant PT, but I think he should start for/with the 905 to learn the system. They need to let Thomas and his near 50% 3pt shot log some regular minutes. He's too good a shooter not to play regularly.
    There's no way Matty Ice is bringing the ball up the floor. He's a dead eye shooter but there's no way I trust him handling the ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    24,027
    PG: Lowry/Flynn
    SG: FVV/Norm
    SF: OG/Bembry
    PF: Siakam/Boucher
    C: Baynes/Len

    Personally I'm not banking on TD3 sticking around. If his name gets cleared and he's kept then he'd be in the rotation for sure. Matty Ice will probably be getting 5-10 mins somewhere in there too. He's too much of a liability on defence to play a lot of minutes but that shot can definitely be used out of timeouts.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 12-05-2020 at 10:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,291
    PG: Lowry/Flynn
    SG: FVV/Thomas
    SF: OG/Norm
    PF: Siakam/Boucher
    C: Baynes/Len

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    24,027
    I think people are sleeping on DeAndre Bembry and what he can do for the bench. Offensively he brings little to nothing but he's a scrappy defender. He defends guards tight and can hold his own while defending the 3 as well. If Flynn is able to provide some scoring for the bench alongside Norm and Boucher then Bembry can be a very useful piece for the second unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    12,435
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I think people are sleeping on DeAndre Bembry and what he can do for the bench. Offensively he brings little to nothing but he's a scrappy defender. He defends guards tight and can hold his own while defending the 3 as well. If Flynn is able to provide some scoring for the bench alongside Norm and Boucher then Bembry can be a very useful piece for the second unit.
    He has a nice handle and can pass too. Just not sure he'll shoot well enough.

    There are also some hype around Watson Jr taking a leap.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •